Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Report Your WINS ..What is your today's win??🥇

Posted (edited)

9 minutes ago, BlondePatriotInCDA said:
  • 50% of bypass patients reach at least 166 lbs 18 months after surgery. Based on my starting weight of 271.

I'm coming up on my 12 month surgery anniversary (Aug 21st) and I'm already below this statistic as of today! I even did a happy dance (my pups thought I was nuts). 😆

I'm hoping with 6 months until 18 months that I'll be in this category:

• 20% of patients reach 149 lbs 18 months after surgery.

If the above isn't enough, I met up with another friend I haven't seen in 6 months for Breakfast this morning, she walked right past me twice looking for me!

This is a major WIN! I love this happy surgerversary! And good job on your weight loss! It's HARD but it's REAL! Everyday is something new!

Edited by Mspretty86

3 hours ago, Mspretty86 said:

This is a major WIN! I love this happy surgerversary! And good job on your weight loss! It's HARD but it's REAL! Everyday is something new!

Thank you!

I have been consistently lifting weights and doing cardio for 4 and half months now, This week I decided to lift heavier for some booty gains! A win for me was being able to lift heavy and actually do all the reps! whoop whoop!

A win for me today was bringing my good watch to the jewellery shop to get two links taken out so that the watch will now stay on my wrist again.

Then another win was that the shop did not charge me, not sure why as I have never been to them before but I happily took their instance of no payment and left as quickly as I could (which was a bit slow as you have to be buzzed through two different security doors they operate from behind a desk) before they changed their mind! 😁

3 hours ago, FifiLux said:

A win for me today was bringing my good watch to the jewellery shop to get two links taken out so that the watch will now stay on my wrist again.

Then another win was that the shop did not charge me, not sure why as I have never been to them before but I happily took their instance of no payment and left as quickly as I could (which was a bit slow as you have to be buzzed through two different security doors they operate from behind a desk) before they changed their mind! 😁

Congrats welcome to the "lighter side of life" weight loss brings about those type of changes 😂

Posted (edited)

A new win for the week went to my 4 month post opp appointment down over 50 pounds! Started in the 300's now 220 it's like I lost a whole person. Goal weight 150-160! Let's go 🤘🏽🤘🏽🤘🏽🤘🏽. Just last year my thighs were busting through these holes! Now I can't even fit 😂

IMG_5139.jpeg

IMG_5141.jpeg

Edited by Mspretty86

7 hours ago, Mspretty86 said:

A new win for the week went to my 4 month post opp appointment down over 50 pounds! Started in the 300's now 220 it's like I lost a whole person. Goal weight 150-160! Let's go 🤘🏽🤘🏽🤘🏽🤘🏽. Just last year my thighs were busting through these holes! Now I can't even fit 😂

IMG_5139.jpeg

IMG_5141.jpeg

Wow! You can really see your results - you're looking really good. Beautiful either way, but healthier now. You should be proud of yourself! Love the hair too!

6 hours ago, BlondePatriotInCDA said:

Wow! You can really see your results - you're looking really good. Beautiful either way, but healthier now. You should be proud of yourself! Love the hair too!

Thanks the journey is Hard but it's REAL! I'm a 4am every morning crazy lazy running 5 miles I think that contributed to the fast drop in these 4 months!

Yesterday I bought my first “regular” sized clothes in many, many years! (Maybe since high school which would have been 35+ years ago…) I’ve been wearing smaller plus-sized clothes (yes, a range of sizes) that I’ve had in storage from previous weight loss but they are all beginning to get loose too. I’m hoping to make it through summer in them but it was thrilling to find some well-fitting fall items for work. I was shopping with some plus-sized friends who have been very supportive but I didn’t want to make a big deal of it in front of them. Fun to Celebrate it here though!

11 minutes ago, Pines said:

Yesterday I bought my first “regular” sized clothes in many, many years! (Maybe since high school which would have been 35+ years ago…) I’ve been wearing smaller plus-sized clothes (yes, a range of sizes) that I’ve had in storage from previous weight loss but they are all beginning to get loose too. I’m hoping to make it through summer in them but it was thrilling to find some well-fitting fall items for work. I was shopping with some plus-sized friends who have been very supportive but I didn’t want to make a big deal of it in front of them. Fun to Celebrate it here though!

I love this! So Happy for you! These are the type of WINS that keep me happy and on track! Keep reporting! Keep in touch! Obesity as a disease is a life long struggle but we got this! 🤘🏽💪🏼

I had surgery the 7th and had a pretty rough recovery. I was on OXY and Morphine in hospital to start and got released yesterday. I am now down to taking more normal post op pain meds and hopefully just at night.

Posted (edited)

50 minutes ago, ShoppGirl said:

I had surgery the 7th and had a pretty rough recovery. I was on OXY and Morphine in hospital to start and got released yesterday. I am now down to taking more normal post op pain meds and hopefully just at night.

Welcome to the "lighter side" of life! I wish you a great recovery!

Edited by Mspretty86

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Mspretty86 said:

Welcome to the "lighter side" of life! I wish you a great recovery!

Speaking of. I didn’t remember my weight on surgery day but I got a little worried about how I was doing with the spirometer and the front desk explained the situation to the NP as a little more dire so they asked me to come in. They checked my lungs while I was there and I’m fine. Just need to keep working at it. Good news is they also checked my weight and between the 16 day liver shrink and pre op diet and the five days I am post op I have lost 16 pounds!!

Edited by ShoppGirl

5 minutes ago, ShoppGirl said:

Speaking of. I didn’t remember my weight on surgery day but I got a little worried about how I was doing with the spirometer and the front desk explained the situation to the NP as a little more dire so they asked me to come in. They checked my lungs while I was there and I’m fine. Just need to keep working at it. Good news is they also checked my weight and between the 16 day liver shrink and pre op diet and the five days I am post op I have lost 16 pounds!!

That is all great news and glad you are home and recovering.

I hope you don't even need the over the counter meds after another few days.

Reporting todays WIN 8/14/24...went to macys and the size 16 jeans are fitting well some are kind of big! It's been a LONG A$$ time since I've seen a size 16 from being in the size 20 somethings lol. I said today I would go to the mall and shop to see my actual size. I still do not want to buy a lot of cloths only month 4 and dropping fast!!