Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Report Your WINS ..What is your today's win??🥇

I stepped into the elevator at home yesterday and had to do a double take at the reflection in the mirror, my reflection.... I hadn't noticed I actually now have a clearly noticeable thigh gap :)

Edited by FifiLux

today's win: i pooped!!!

i left for vacay Aug 23 (13 days ago), came back 2 days ago and finally pooped this morning!!!!!!

(aside: i ALWAYS have vacay Constipation, so this was expected )

some fun statistics cuz statistics are FUN:

- 115.0 lbs morning we left (Aug 23)

- 119.2 lbs the night we came home (Sept 3)

- 114.8 lbs after my poop this morning (Sept 5)

which means i've been carrying around AT LEAST 4.4 lbs of poop in my colon for at least 2 days. that in itself if a win, if u ask me 😂😂😂

Today was one week since I started out walking and I have been slowly increasing. I hit 10K steps just now. I did a few short indoor walks and a 43 minute outdoor walk (twice around the block) before it started pouring) it has added up to 4.64 miles according to my watch!! I basically decided that everytime my alarm goes off to take my Vitamins I would walk back and forth from one end of the house to the other for 5 minutes at least. Ooh and I dropped two pounds today!!

I ate too much yesterday and I could feel it, like I had half a sandwich (DELICIOUS BTW!) with a few chips, then dinner I had some beef sausage with mustard. Thennnn my sweet tooth kicked in. I ate way too much ice cream (part of it was a Protein ice cream I made in my ninja creami) then some of hubbys ben and Jerry’s. I did not feel great. But my win is I woke up, drank my profee and hit the gym 40min HIIT work out and 30min on the treadmill on an incline (my normal Saturday workout). Pre-WLS I would’ve just been like whatever I’ll just let myself have a cheat weekend start again on Monday. Instead my mindset has changed and I told myself this is NOT going to be habit and it was OKAY to have nights like that once in awhile just not all the time!. So I kicked my ass in gear and got ‘er done! Happy Saturday!!

36 minutes ago, AmberFL said:

I ate too much yesterday and I could feel it, like I had half a sandwich (DELICIOUS BTW!) with a few chips, then dinner I had some beef sausage with mustard. Thennnn my sweet tooth kicked in. I ate way too much ice cream (part of it was a Protein ice cream I made in my ninja creami) then some of hubbys ben and Jerry’s. I did not feel great. But my win is I woke up, drank my profee and hit the gym 40min HIIT work out and 30min on the treadmill on an incline (my normal Saturday workout). Pre-WLS I would’ve just been like whatever I’ll just let myself have a cheat weekend start again on Monday. Instead my mindset has changed and I told myself this is NOT going to be habit and it was OKAY to have nights like that once in awhile just not all the time!. So I kicked my ass in gear and got ‘er done! Happy Saturday!!

Yea that’s the absolute best mindset. Good for you.

On 9/5/2024 at 9:21 PM, ms.sss said:

i left for vacay Aug 23 (13 days ago), came back 2 days ago and finally pooped this morning!!!!!!

You didn't POOP for 13 days?!!

I've always been vacay constipated but that long is very concerning 😂

15 hours ago, AmberFL said:

I ate too much yesterday and I could feel it, like I had half a sandwich (DELICIOUS BTW!) with a few chips, then dinner I had some beef sausage with mustard. Thennnn my sweet tooth kicked in. I ate way too much ice cream (part of it was a Protein ice cream I made in my ninja creami) then some of hubbys ben and Jerry’s.

I had a fun weekend too. I was invited to a wedding where they served hors d'oeuvres all afternoon followed by dinner. I had 4 mini appetizers, dinner and dessert (tried everything 1-2 mini bites). Went home and was famished LOL and the hubby had ordered Mexican so had 1/8 or so of a burrito, then some Protein chips before bed. I did dance all night and broke a sweat so there's that. The funny thing I worked out my legs the next day (FASTED) and had tons of energy (thanks carbs) and even ran 2 miles after my workout.

Weighed myself today and I had dropped 200 grams, how? God knows.

On 9/7/2024 at 10:57 PM, Lilia_90 said:

I had a fun weekend too. I was invited to a wedding where they served hors d'oeuvres all afternoon followed by dinner. I had 4 mini appetizers, dinner and dessert (tried everything 1-2 mini bites). Went home and was famished LOL and the hubby had ordered Mexican so had 1/8 or so of a burrito, then some Protein chips before bed. I did dance all night and broke a sweat so there's that. The funny thing I worked out my legs the next day (FASTED) and had tons of energy (thanks carbs) and even ran 2 miles after my workout.

Weighed myself today and I had dropped 200 grams, how? God knows.

hahha!!! yes!! I had a great workout. I like to do incline walking I ended up doing 14.5 incline at 3.6 speed LOL! All I could think was it mustve been the carbs! hahah I weigh myself everyday and I have been within 2lbs up and down. Which I am totally fine with!

43 minutes ago, AmberFL said:

hahha!!! yes!! I had a great workout. I like to do incline walking I ended up doing 14.5 incline at 3.6 speed LOL! All I could think was it mustve been the carbs! hahah I weigh myself everyday and I have been within 2lbs up and down. Which I am totally fine with!

How do you own a scale without going crazy?!!! I do not own a scale by personal choice I weigh in at docs appointments are when I visit my parents house. My mental is unfortunately not strong enough to own a scale, being a women their is to many fluctuations menstrual cycles, Water weight I just can't 😂😩😩😩😩

On 9/5/2024 at 12:21 PM, ms.sss said:

(aside: i ALWAYS have vacay Constipation, so this was expected )

some fun statistics cuz statistics are FUN:

- 115.0 lbs morning we left (Aug 23)

- 119.2 lbs the night we came home (Sept 3)

- 114.8 lbs after my poop this morning (Sept 5)

which means i've been carrying around AT LEAST 4.4 lbs of poop in my colon for at least 2 days. that in itself if a win, if u ask me 😂😂😂

Pooping is a major convo between me and my family It's hereditary and it's the damn worse. I don't move without taking laxatives. A normal person they say they poop every morning and I look at them in amazement. I would not know how to feel to poop normally/regularly. I am glad you were actually able to finally go that is a major win 🥇

Edited by Mspretty86

Today was my one month post op appointment and I gave her my phone with the summary of all my macros for the past week since I’ve been on soft food and a “normal” portion size (3/4 cup) and told her my current steps and she was really happy. I was worried that since my stomach was not operated on and I can tolerate foods and the larger portion of the range that I was eating too much for a month out and she said that with my level of activity I actually need to increase my Protein a bit and the carbs as well and that my calories were fine to go up with that. She said that my loss is excellent and to keep doing what I’m doing just to increase my protein to 90g. She even said that I can add more veggies and some other foods as tolerated. I was worried about trying like asparagus and corn or rice paper (I’ve been craving spring rolls since I seen a recipe while on purée). I had already done my grocery order for this week and was going after there to pick it up so I added them rice papers to my cart for next weeks grocery run. I went ahead and scheduled my appointment for next month but she said that if I am still doing this well I can reschedule to my three month for my labs. I’m pretty excited! I did not feel like this after my sleeve. I feel like I have a handle on this, I am actually enjoying the healthier foods and the exercise. My energy's and my mood have improved tremendously. .

2 hours ago, Mspretty86 said:

How do you own a scale without going crazy?!!! I do not own a scale by personal choice I weigh in at docs appointments are when I visit my parents house. My mental is unfortunately not strong enough to own a scale, being a women their is to many fluctuations menstrual cycles, Water weight I just can't 😂😩😩😩😩

I agree we fluctuate all the time! I know for myself I need to, when I was heavier I wouldn't because the number wasn't true if I did not know it. Now I check to see the good, bad and ugly. Right now I am up 3lbs but I didn't poop all weekend! LOL So I am guessing tomorrow will be a bit less. I am trying to get in that mindset that a fluctuation of 5lbs is not terrible since I have surpassed goal weight. Its REALLYYYYYY hard to wrap my mind around it, but something my mom told me, if your eating healthy 90% of the time and staying active then that is really good and that is the life long goal. Shes right...I am so terrified to undo all of this!

15 minutes ago, AmberFL said:

I agree we fluctuate all the time! I know for myself I need to, when I was heavier I wouldn't because the number wasn't true if I did not know it. Now I check to see the good, bad and ugly. Right now I am up 3lbs but I didn't poop all weekend! LOL So I am guessing tomorrow will be a bit less. I am trying to get in that mindset that a fluctuation of 5lbs is not terrible since I have surpassed goal weight. Its REALLYYYYYY hard to wrap my mind around it, but something my mom told me, if your eating healthy 90% of the time and staying active then that is really good and that is the life long goal. Shes right...I am so terrified to undo all of this!

I love what mom said that is so true we can be hard on ourselves....in other bariatric groups I belong too, I noticed a mindset amongst many that they were never satisfied. I will not be adopting that mindset and was glad I could listen in on groups early post op...I feel it's so unhealthy to never be satisfied with weight loss. Once I obtain my goal weight f**k it I am then in "maintenance" mode and I will allow myself 10 pound fluctuation. I'm not interested in loosing more after the goal weight. *it's unreal how much poop in the colon weighs..3,5, 10 pounds lighter

Edited by Mspretty86

I'm day 4 post op and I finally had my first day where I feel somewhat sane. I wasn't continously whincing in pain anytime I had to drink something or let alone move. No longer having serious issues swallowing..I mean the dypshagia, was triggering. I'm down 5 lbs in the 4 days I have been out. I'm no longer constantly throwing up and the whole foamie stage has left me. I'm also gonna be able to meet my proper Protein intake even. So many wins today!!

2 hours ago, Mspretty86 said:

I love what mom said that is so true we can be hard on ourselves....in other bariatric groups I belong too, I noticed a mindset amongst many that they were never satisfied. I will not be adopting that mindset and was glad I could listen in on groups early post op...I feel it's so unhealthy to never be satisfied with weight loss. Once I obtain my goal weight f**k it I am then in "maintenance" mode and I will allow myself 10 pound fluctuation. I'm not interested in loosing more after the goal weight. *it's unreal how much poop in the colon weighs..3,5, 10 pounds lighter

100% I had to shift my mindset that instead of loosing weight, how do I want to feel? Okay I am at a "healthy BMI" but am I really healthy? Am I really putting things in my body that is healthy? Am I working out my body in a way that it will make it stronger? Its NOT easy at all to change our mindsets! I have moments that I am unhappy with myself think that I can do better or more. Its my head playing tricks on me! I think you have a great approach!