Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Report Your WINS ..What is your today's win??🥇

I was finally able to get in over 10k steps yesterday. I'm still two weeks post op so no strenuous activity or lifting so I have to walk to work instead of cycling. At first I was annoyed because I love cycling, but I think having to walk will kick-start the weight loss. I've lost 8.5kg (18.7lbs) in the two weeks since surgery and walking helps.

4 minutes ago, NeonRaven8919 said:

I was finally able to get in over 10k steps yesterday. I'm still two weeks post op so no strenuous activity or lifting so I have to walk to work instead of cycling. At first I was annoyed because I love cycling, but I think having to walk will kick-start the weight loss. I've lost 8.5kg (18.7lbs) in the two weeks since surgery and walking helps.

I am super proud of you x

Recent NSVs:

• Being able to walk faster than my boyfriend, to the point that he was out of breath and asked me why I was charging about 😂 I have always been the slowest person when out walking, so that felt good
  • After the above, then just running/jogging a bit in a playful way away from him just because, and then not being out of breath, and actually wanting to jog again 🤣 wtf - old me would have been having a heart attack
  • So I can already fit back into the bath now, but now when I got into the bath last night I was like...has this bath gotten longer?? I genuinely feel small in it now, like who knew it was so roomy??
  • I BOUGHT A PAIR OF JEANS - I haven't worn jeans for maybe 3-4 years now I think, and when I did wear anything remotely jean-like, it was jeggings, so they had a lot of give. Bought some actual jeans yesterday and I love them :D

3 hours ago, NeonRaven8919 said:

Plus it will give you options. Sometimes it’s good to switch it up just because of boredom but it also uses different muscles and all of that. Not to mention little things like a blister or a strained muscle or whatever may slow you down if you only have one option, but sometimes another option will do. That’s what I have found anyways. Congratulations on your loss and feeling the energy to get back to your activity.

4 minutes ago, ShoppGirl said:

Plus it will give you options. Sometimes it’s good to switch it up just because of boredom but it also uses different muscles and all of that. Not to mention little things like a blister or a strained muscle or whatever may slow you down if you only have one option, but sometimes another option will do. That’s what I have found anyways. Congratulations on your loss and feeling the energy to get back to your activity.

That's a good point that I haven't thought of. I'm on pureed foods now as well so yesterday I went walking after lunch because it sat a bit heavy in my stomach. That really helped. Nice to exercise without needing to get the helmet, the bike locks, making sure it's locked near a CCTV camera etc. Just my own foot power and walking tunes. (Iron Maiden yesterday, will switch it up today)

9 minutes ago, NeonRaven8919 said:

That's a good point that I haven't thought of. I'm on pureed foods now as well so yesterday I went walking after lunch because it sat a bit heavy in my stomach. That really helped. Nice to exercise without needing to get the helmet, the bike locks, making sure it's locked near a CCTV camera etc. Just my own foot power and walking tunes. (Iron Maiden yesterday, will switch it up today)

Also, if it’s raining, you can find a place to walk inside. Like a shopping mall, I actually walked back-and-forth in my house With my headphones on. Most times I listen to music, but if I’m on a phone call like with my cell phone provider that I intend to be on for hours with tech-support I just walk while I’m on the phone with them lol. I’ve basically cleared the path from one end of my house to the other and I literally just go back-and-forth. My husband says I’m insane, but it works. I started this after my surgery because I was embarrassed to walk around the neighborhood but I overcame that and walked around outside until I got a huge booster and didn’t want to put my sneakers on and I started walking inside again and I have to admit the air conditioning is nice. I’m not sure what traffic is like in the area that you walk, but if it is in concern, my husband got me these bone conduction headphones that go around your ear and somehow vibrate on the Bones to allow you to hear it while you can still hear noise around you such as traffic.

1 minute ago, ShoppGirl said:

Also, if it’s raining, you can find a place to walk inside. Like a shopping mall, I actually walked back-and-forth in my house With my headphones on. Most times I listen to music, but if I’m on a phone call like with my cell phone provider that I intend to be on for hours with tech-support I just walk while I’m on the phone with them lol. I’ve basically cleared the path from one end of my house to the other and I literally just go back-and-forth. My husband says I’m insane, but it works. I started this after my surgery because I was embarrassed to walk around the neighborhood but I overcame that and walked around outside until I got a huge booster and didn’t want to put my sneakers on and I started walking inside again and I have to admit the air conditioning is nice. I’m not sure what traffic is like in the area that you walk, but if it is in concern, my husband got me these bone conduction headphones that go around your ear and somehow vibrate on the Bones to allow you to hear it while you can still hear noise around you such as traffic.

I was on hold so long yesterday (also while walking) I was actually shocked to hear an actual voice on the other end! I definitely pace back and forth.

4 hours ago, Bypass2Freedom said:

Recent NSVs:

• Being able to walk faster than my boyfriend, to the point that he was out of breath and asked me why I was charging about 😂 I have always been the slowest person when out walking, so that felt good
  • After the above, then just running/jogging a bit in a playful way away from him just because, and then not being out of breath, and actually wanting to jog again 🤣 wtf - old me would have been having a heart attack
  • So I can already fit back into the bath now, but now when I got into the bath last night I was like...has this bath gotten longer?? I genuinely feel small in it now, like who knew it was so roomy??
  • I BOUGHT A PAIR OF JEANS - I haven't worn jeans for maybe 3-4 years now I think, and when I did wear anything remotely jean-like, it was jeggings, so they had a lot of give. Bought some actual jeans yesterday and I love them :D

Super awesome WINs!

On 9/25/2024 at 12:28 PM, AmberFL said:

The itty bitty titty committee! hahahah omg I was putting in sizers to see what size would fit me and my wants and he smiling so big I🤣

Welp @AmberFL I have my titty consult January 2nd! I am ecstatic. Finally have some breast to bounce about. Now I'm flat chested as a young school boy 😂😂😂

5 hours ago, Bypass2Freedom said:

Recent NSVs:

That's really good! I've been inspired by all your progress!

2 hours ago, Mspretty86 said:

Welp @AmberFL I have my titty consult January 2nd! I am ecstatic. Finally have some breast to bounce about. Now I'm flat chested as a young school boy 😂😂😂

oooo yesss!!!! lemme know how it goes!