Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Report Your WINS ..What is your today's win??🥇

So many awesome WIns this week ladies! My win for the week is keeping moisturized and hydrated. I will share this for neck, face, under eye! It is heaven! I love a good face routine. While loosing weight it's important to focus on our neck as it may start to droop! Well we have to focus on our entire bodies! So many changes!

image.jpg

On 09/29/2024 at 18:02, Caligurl3 said:

I’m one week out of surgery and I’ve been consistently hitting 4000 steps a day since I left the hospital a couple of days ago I’ll take that as a win any day

Wow you are doing great one week out! I was one week out and couldn’t even be outside and not feeling dizzy.

Yeah, it’s crazy. I actually just had surgery last Tuesday so I’m not even really a whole week out. I started back working on Saturday. Still takes a bit of work, but I am surprised I’m able to be up and out and active so soon.

On 9/29/2024 at 4:55 PM, Mspretty86 said:

So many awesome WIns this week ladies! My win for the week is keeping moisturized and hydrated. I will share this for neck, face, under eye! It is heaven! I love a good face routine. While loosing weight it's important to focus on our neck as it may start to droop! Well we have to focus on our entire bodies! So many changes!

image.jpg

I use a night cream that I love and have definitely had to use more since surgery. I feel like my skin is way more dry.

I love massages but hate walking away feeling so greasy from all the lotion, but the other day, I told my husband we needed to get one soon, cause I’m pretty sure my skin will just soak up all the lotion!!! 🤣

2 hours ago, Chatterboxdea said:

I use a night cream that I love and have definitely had to use more since surgery. I feel like my skin is way more dry.

I love massages but hate walking away feeling so greasy from all the lotion, but the other day, I told my husband we needed to get one soon, cause I’m pretty sure my skin will just soak up all the lotion!!! 🤣

So I haven’t ever started a really good cleansing routine with my skin. I have some skin condition where I get dried skin on the sides of my nose if I don’t treat it and believe it or not the dermatologist told me to use head and shoulders Shampoo on my face and it works just as good to prevent it as the really expensive cream does to heal it so I have been doing that for a lot of years. Well, I really liked the dermatologist, but his office staff messed up my appointments Once too many times and I scheduled with a different one this time and she said you have rosacea. You need to be using something mild or on your face and sold me this whole new skin kit that has like five steps. She actually froze something off my face that day as well, so I couldn’t start using it until this morning (it’s finally healed) after my yoga class I came home and washed my face with it and it actually feels nicer after just one use. My skin feels softer at least. Apparently, my skin really seriously needed the hydration.

Edited by ShoppGirl

Well I took the advice or the veterans who did or do yoga now and ordered some smaller legging because mine were rolling down. I thought I was maybe getting close to being near the next size but apparently I was already there. They looked so small that I thought there was no way but I tried this and they fit (comfortably).

Also today I told a friend that I am planning to check out a craft show that is near her this weekend and asked if she wants to go for a while. Well it’s going to be hot and we are planning to meet up and do lunch first so since can’t get away with bike shorts and them and leggings are all I have right now I was on Amazon looking for shorts. Well I found some that looked good and apparently I thought that before too because it said I purchased them in 2023.

So I looked In my drawer and sure enough I had two pairs of them brand new and would you believe they fit perfectly. Good thing too because I was ordering a size bigger and wouldn’t have had time to exchange them. So I guess I am reaching the stage where I can shop in my closet for a while.

Ooh and my brain definitely hasn’t caught up with my weight loss because the shorts and the leggings both looked like they were going to be way too small.

Edited by ShoppGirl

Just got an alert from my health app that my resting heart rate has gone down 7BPM for the past 21 days. Apparently my cardio health is improving. 🎉

Edited by ShoppGirl

On 10/2/2024 at 8:09 PM, ShoppGirl said:

They looked so small that I thought there was no way but I tried this and they fit (comfortably).

perhaps maybe just get leggings that are just all out too small for you? vs. aiming to fit ur current size? you will eventually shrink into them anyway, PLUS they wont roll down as much! AND you'll get more mileage out of them ;)

3 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

perhaps maybe just get leggings that are just all out too small for you? vs. aiming to fit ur current size? you will eventually shrink into them anyway, PLUS they wont roll down as much! AND you'll get more mileage out of them ;)

Not a bad idea at all. I just returned the ones that were for sure too big. Maybe I will try the ones on that I just bought at the thrift ina. Size smaller and if they work I can return these too and save my money for where I’m smaller and can get really cute ones.

win today: FINALLY got Mr. to agree to come to hot yoga with me!!!

not sure he loves it as much as me (yet!!), but he's committed to the 15 day trail, and said he'll come with me whenever i go (which is every day! ha!)

i have fantasies of going to yoga retreats in Bali (with him) so crossing fingers he gets on board!!

IMG_132248_0.thumb.jpeg.9b5cd5332c012fe3cb2fa559d59b5ac7.jpeg

1 hour ago, ms.sss said:

win today: FINALLY got Mr. to agree to come to hot yoga with me!!!

not sure he loves it as much as me (yet!!), but he's committed to the 15 day trail, and said he'll come with me whenever i go (which is every day! ha!)

i have fantasies of going to yoga retreats in Bali (with him) so crossing fingers he gets on board!!

IMG_132248_0.thumb.jpeg.9b5cd5332c012fe3cb2fa559d59b5ac7.jpeg

I so love this! In November when I finally stop working like I have 5 children (mind you I only have a dog, just like to spend money)😂, I plan on trying hot yoga. I want to go YOGA and Boxing next month. We have a May weather gym here. Work these arms out! P.S take that trip! Even if you have to go solo or leave him in the room while you do the hot stuffs 😂😂😩

Edited by Mspretty86

51 minutes ago, Mspretty86 said:

I so love this! In November when I finally stop working like I have 5 children (mind you I only have a dog, just like to spend money)😂, I plan on trying hot yoga. I want to go YOGA and Boxing next month. We have a May weather gym here. Work these arms out! P.S take that trip! Even if you have to go solo or leave him in the room while you do the hot stuffs 😂😂😩

i did boxing for a spell last year (went 3 times a week for about 2 months).

its an arm workout alright! (and abs and back, with a crazy amount of cardio for added measure omg)

Mr. says boxing is what gave me my "boulder shoulders" hahahhaha.

BUT...i threw out my left shoulder AND right elbow (from going too hard i guess? or probably just bad form) and that ended my boxing career :(... i still have lingering left shoulder injury arg.

so the lesson im sharing is: stay healthy during boxing and you can achieve (and maintain!) a pretty awesome physique!

54 minutes ago, Mspretty86 said:

P.S take that trip! Even if you have to go solo

...am actually contemplating this! Ha!