Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am considered Normal BMI!

41 minutes ago, JennyBeez said:

Hon, I think you're the only one who sees wings and wrinkles there. You're frickin' stacked. ❤️

I am my own worst critic LOL and thank you!! :99_muscle: ❤️

On 8/2/2024 at 3:53 AM, AmberFL said:

I am flabby pre and post surgery lol! My thighs hang a lot, no matter how much I have been working out, they aren't firming up so that is going to be something surgery will only fix, I still have wings...more like mini wings LOL but the working out has helped A TON! You can see the mini wings and the wrinkles LOL! but I am not embarrassed by them. The only thing is that they super wrinkly if I am doing push ups and just the skin is hanging hahaha I definitely suggest even light lifting.

Oh that little hanging pooch I know well. It makes me smile when I look down & see it when doing my stretches. I mean I don’t like it but rather it than the big belly I used to have. 😁

As much as we’d wish it the exercising/weight training won’t get rid of the excess skin. It was stretched by excess fat not extra muscle. The muscle building does make your thighs or arms look better & can distract the eye from the sags & bags. I often get compliments on my arms and my wings are old retired hen size. Your baby chicken winglets are so tiny & probably very much like those someone who’s never had a weight issue has.

8 hours ago, Arabesque said:

Oh that little hanging pooch I know well. It makes me smile when I look down & see it when doing my stretches. I mean I don’t like it but rather it than the big belly I used to have. 😁

As much as we’d wish it the exercising/weight training won’t get rid of the excess skin. It was stretched by excess fat not extra muscle. The muscle building does make your thighs or arms look better & can distract the eye from the sags & bags. I often get compliments on my arms and my wings are old retired hen size. Your baby chicken winglets are so tiny & probably very much like those someone who’s never had a weight issue has.

yes! much rather have the pooch! winglets omgsh what a perfect word hahah! I am proud of my winglets, I cant use them to fly away anymore 🤣

Wow!! This is so inspirational. Keep doing what you’re doing.

You look absolutely stunning! 🤩 I’m only two weeks postop. Can you tell me how was your experience going back to the gym and when did you see the most weight loss?

On 8/1/2024 at 1:53 PM, AmberFL said:

Arms3.jpeg

dem GUNS!

LOVE it!!!!

On 8/17/2024 at 9:25 AM, Onemealplan said:

You look absolutely stunning! 🤩 I’m only two weeks postop. Can you tell me how was your experience going back to the gym and when did you see the most weight loss?

HI! Thank you so much!!! I started with walking around 2-3 postop, 20-30min and just built up to working out from home with light 5lbs weights. I follow Sydney Cummings or juice and Toya work out videos. I would alternate 1 day upper body, 1 day lower body, ect...Then I would walk for 1 hour one day a week. Then I joined the gym when I was comfortable with the weights and that's when I really saw results. That was around 8-9 week post op. I cut down to 20min cardio and 30min strength training still alternating and still having 1hour walking days. Now that I am at my weight that I want to be at and not wanting to bulk up anymore just shred and tighten up my loose skin that I can possibly tighten up, I do 4 weight days 2 upper body, 2 lower body body with 30 min of cardio (usually treadmill at 12-13.5 incline and 3.3-3.7 speed) then 2 days I focus only on Cardio HIIT workouts. Now I do all my own workouts just from researching online and building my own workouts. I think they work? LOL I feel good afterwards, and my body composition is changing so I am rolling with it LOL I focus on high Protein like over 100g, carbs I kept around 60g and fat around 20g. I have been fortunate where the weight came off pretty quickly, right now I am eating around 1400 cal 150g of protein 80-90g carbs and 25-30g fat. I am not actively trying to lose anymore, I want to more so maintain but I am still losing, so I am waiting till that figures itself out. LOL

On 08/19/2024 at 12:24, AmberFL said:

HI! Thank you so much!!! I started with walking around 2-3 postop, 20-30min and just built up to working out from home with light 5lbs weights. I follow Sydney Cummings or juice and Toya work out videos. I would alternate 1 day upper body, 1 day lower body, ect...Then I would walk for 1 hour one day a week. Then I joined the gym when I was comfortable with the weights and that's when I really saw results. That was around 8-9 week post op. I cut down to 20min cardio and 30min strength training still alternating and still having 1hour walking days. Now that I am at my weight that I want to be at and not wanting to bulk up anymore just shred and tighten up my loose skin that I can possibly tighten up, I do 4 weight days 2 upper body, 2 lower body body with 30 min of cardio (usually treadmill at 12-13.5 incline and 3.3-3.7 speed) then 2 days I focus only on Cardio HIIT workouts. Now I do all my own workouts just from researching online and building my own workouts. I think they work? LOL I feel good afterwards, and my body composition is changing so I am rolling with it LOL I focus on high Protein like over 100g, carbs I kept around 60g and fat around 20g. I have been fortunate where the weight came off pretty quickly, right now I am eating around 1400 cal 150g of Protein 80-90g carbs and 25-30g fat. I am not actively trying to lose anymore, I want to more so maintain but I am still losing, so I am waiting till that figures itself out. LOL

You are a Star!⭐️ Thank You for making such detailed notes. This will help me on my journey. It’s definitely working LOL 😆 you’re hearing your body and it’s paying off. I love weights can’t wait to get back into it! Thank you 😊 again for the breakdown.

18 minutes ago, Onemealplan said:

You are a Star!️ Thank You for making such detailed notes. This will help me on my journey. It’s definitely working LOL 😆 you’re hearing your body and it’s paying off. I love weights can’t wait to get back into it! Thank you 😊 again for the breakdown.

totally! I love sharing the little knowledge that I have! This has been one heckova journey and ask me anything!! I am happy to share workouts, meal preps, meal plans all the things!

Congradulations AmberFL!!! Outstanding!!