Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 minutes ago, AmberFL said:

gorgeous! I am getting my hurr done today today!

Thank you!! oooo I bet you will look lovely!!

2 hours ago, Bypass2Freedom said:

What is holding her back?

She's afraid she won't be able to pay proper attention. My daughter has ADD (not the hyper one, just the inattentive one) and she gets distracted SO easily and is a bit scatter brained at times and forgets things even while doing them. She's afraid of not being able to focus and remember stuff when she's driving. But my son has ADHD (and OMG is the H super present with him) and he drives just fine.

Posted (edited)

Technically not mid-week at this point, but I decided checking in here is a good place to start after a hiatus from the site for a while.

I had my sleeve surgery last summer and the weight loss has slowed down significantly, but I am now within 5lbs of my first 100lb goal! Went from a size 24/26 to a 16/18. I was recently diagnosed with premature ovarian failure (peri / menopause before the age of 40, typically genetic) after YEARS of trying to get a diagnosis from clueless OBGYNs and I think the drop in hormones is contributing to the slow crawl. I’m battling through it while doing all I can naturally to stop the negative effects that come with perimenopause and menopause (I haven’t decided on HRT yet).

Once summer break is over, I have an appointment with a terrific functional medicine doc who did extensive blood work to see where my problems are at the moment. I’ll also be joining a gym and shifting my focus from aerobics to strength training. Hopefully it’ll help me lose some more stubborn weight while also maintaining bone density and sculpting my new shape a bit.

Edited by sleevedinthe817

13 hours ago, SleeveToBypass2023 said:

She's afraid she won't be able to pay proper attention. My daughter has ADD (not the hyper one, just the inattentive one) and she gets distracted SO easily and is a bit scatter brained at times and forgets things even while doing them. She's afraid of not being able to focus and remember stuff when she's driving. But my son has ADHD (and OMG is the H super present with him) and he drives just fine.

I completely empathise with that! I have PTSD and although it isn't exactly the same, you still get some of the same traits such as forgetfulness, inattentiveness, difficulty following several instructions etc. But with the right instructor who will work with her and build her confidence, she is more than capable, she just needs to believe in herself bless her!

10 hours ago, sleevedinthe817 said:

Technically not mid-week at this point, but I decided checking in here is a good place to start after a hiatus from the site for a while.

I had my sleeve surgery last summer and the weight loss has slowed down significantly, but I am now within 5lbs of my first 100lb goal! Went from a size 24/26 to a 16/18. I was recently diagnosed with premature ovarian failure (peri / menopause before the age of 40, typically genetic) after YEARS of trying to get a diagnosis from clueless OBGYNs and I think the drop in hormones is contributing to the slow crawl. I’m battling through it while doing all I can naturally to stop the negative effects that come with perimenopause and menopause (I haven’t decided on HRT yet).

Once summer break is over, I have an appointment with a terrific functional medicine doc who did extensive blood work to see where my problems are at the moment. I’ll also be joining a gym and shifting my focus from aerobics to strength training. Hopefully it’ll help me lose some more stubborn weight while also maintaining bone density and sculpting my new shape a bit.

Welcome back! :)

Oh wow that is so exciting! Congratulations on your loss so far, what an achievement :D

I honestly hate to say that I am never shocked when I hear that women's health is not taken seriously - particularly reproductive health - it drives me insane, and I am sorry that you went through such a difficult time getting your diagnosis.

Hopefully that new Dr sounds like a breath of fresh air and you will be able to work together to find what works for you!

It's almost midweek again, so I'll chime in! I'm pleased that after a 30-day stall, not only has the scale started moving down again, but I officially hit a BMI of 29.9, so I'm officially overweight instead of obese!

My focus this week is on meal prepping, starting to get a system in place to help keep me on track as the busy school year approaches. I'm trying a combination of meal prepping and ingredient prepping, so the hope is to have several days of breakfasts and lunches ready to grab-and-go in the fridge, build a stash of freezer meals in single portion containers that can be microwaved when in a hurry, along with having the things I need, such as chopped veggies or marinated meat, already waiting and ready to go when it's time to cook something fresh during the week.

1 hour ago, NickelChip said:

It's almost midweek again, so I'll chime in! I'm pleased that after a 30-day stall, not only has the scale started moving down again, but I officially hit a BMI of 29.9, so I'm officially overweight instead of obese!

My focus this week is on meal prepping, starting to get a system in place to help keep me on track as the busy school year approaches. I'm trying a combination of meal prepping and ingredient prepping, so the hope is to have several days of breakfasts and lunches ready to grab-and-go in the fridge, build a stash of freezer meals in single portion containers that can be microwaved when in a hurry, along with having the things I need, such as chopped veggies or marinated meat, already waiting and ready to go when it's time to cook something fresh during the week.

this is a great idea! way to be ahead of the game!! For this weeks meal prep I did:

Breakfast Sausage "McGriddles": Macros: 257cal 8.4g fat Carbs 13g Protein 28g Fiber 2g

Serving size 2 regular or 1 biggun! I dip mine in 1tbls of lite Syrup.

• 1C of Kodiak protein pancake mix
  • 1C of egg whites
  • 1/4C reduced fat cheese
  • 16oz of Jenni-o Turkey Sausage
  • Makes 6 Big muffins or 12 regular size cupcake size

Then I bought of fruit, so I washed and cut it up put them in zip lock gallon bags for our lunches

Veggies: broccoli, carrots that are washed and cut up

chicken breast that I cooked: I have been making wraps for lunches and then I use it for dinners

Yogurt bark: Dannon lite and fit strawberry cheesecake yogurt and fage 0% yogurt, sprinkled strawberries on top and 1/8C of granola; spread on parchment paper and put in the freezer for a couple of hours then I took it out and broke it up and its in the freezer.

Cottage Cheese Brownies (THESE ARE AMAZING!): Macros 79cal Fat 4.1g Carbs 19g Net carbs 2g Protein 6g

Makes 6 servings (I baked in a 8x8 pan but I will do these again in muffin tin)

• 3/4C cottage cheese (I used 2% good culture)
  • 1 egg
  • 80g of swerve sugar
  • 1/2 tsp of instant espresso powder
  • 1 dash of salt
  • 45g of Cacao Bliss or raw cacao powder (not Hershey's)
  • 40 Dark chocolate chips (I used Lillys)

Speaking of knee injections I went to my orthopedic dr today to find out that me right knee cap is bone on bone . My knee has been bothering me for awhile now, but it’s to the point after 8 hrs on the job I can barely bend it . I told my Dr to just get me through to my surgery and she suggested gel injections so now we wait to get it approved from my insurance .🤷🏻‍♀️

Posted (edited)

On 8/6/2024 at 7:09 AM, sleevedinthe817 said:

My cousin experienced early menopause in her late 30s too. It was a shock to her as well. Thankfully she had a good & supportive doctor. I hope the functional medicine doctor is able to help you.

I’d seriously consider going down the HRT route. I’ve been on it for about 8 years. I had an absorption issue with it after my gall was removed but we sorted that. So many benefits besides the hot flushes, night sweats, emotions (I got pretty feisty before I started on it), etc. There are other benefits as well: help with bone density by reducing Calcium loss, supports muscle development/strength, brain & cardiac health & reduction in cervical, uterine & colorectal cancers. Plus I look way younger than my friends who are similar ages but aren’t on it (slows the decrease & can boost collagen production).

PS Don’t forget it is normal for the rate of loss to slow to almost a crawl as we near our stabilised weight. Consequently those last pounds can be a right b*&ch to lose. Congratulations on what you have achieved so far.

Edited by Arabesque

Today is day 1 of the clear liquid diet to prep for my surgery on Friday! It's... going lol. Definitely harder than I thought it would be, but I'm making it through.

I'm flabbergasted that we are halfway through August, and my surgery is on the 16th and then 10 days later, I return to school to work on my masters degree. Now I'm wondering what I was thinking. LOL

Mid week checkpoint from last week I'm late! I i'm an avid runner. I have taken the last few days off. Crazy how your body craves exercise once you make it a part of your routine. I will say obesity is a smart disease and anyone experiencing stalls for me , I have to constantly find ways to out smart it. If I run at 4am one week, I will run at 6pm the next. It get used to things you do 😡😡😡😡.