Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So we are at the middle of the week - how are we all doing?

What is something that has gone well so far/or something that you are looking forward to?

Anything you'd like to learn from/improve on?

My week has been okay so far! I have a driving lesson and then I am getting my hair cut, which I am in desperate need of as my fringe is in my eyes 🤦‍♂️

I am trying to increase the amount I am eating, which is proving difficult, but I'll get there!

I also start with a personal trainer tomorrow which I am excited about!

I’m doing OK. London weight-gain is gone - hurray! Currently taking things easy as I’ve had steroid injections in both my knees today 🙂 Looking forward to seeing Fatboy Slim live in 3 weeks for a bit of ‘hands in the air like I just don’t care’.

Hope your driving lesson goes well and your hairdresser doesn’t take too much off your fringe! You will have to let us know how things go with your personal trainer 🏋️♂️

@MrsFitz ahh amazing! Congratulations :)

That does not sound fun at all oh my god...definitely take it easy! My dad has had to have those in the past and I know it comes with a fair amount of suffering so my heart goes out to you!

That is going to be amazingggg!

Thank you! I should have my test soon which I am absolutely bricking!! 🤯Hair is all complete, and I have had a little bit from the sides shaved off oop hehe.

I shall do!

17 hours ago, Bypass2Freedom said:

@MrsFitz ahh amazing! Congratulations :)

That does not sound fun at all oh my god...definitely take it easy! My dad has had to have those in the past and I know it comes with a fair amount of suffering so my heart goes out to you!

That is going to be amazingggg!

Thank you! I should have my test soon which I am absolutely bricking!! 🤯Hair is all complete, and I have had a little bit from the sides shaved off oop hehe.

I shall do!

I was a big, whiny baby last night ☹️ Feel a bit better today though!

Posted (edited)

This week has been disappointing. I didn't lose any weight despite not doing anything different.

I got a dreaded summer cold, so I wasn't motivated to cook. So I ordered pizza last night.. I'm really disappointed in myself, because there's a million better options. But what's done is done. So I'm back on the diet today. I'm still sick, but I can't use that as an excuse. And at least when I don't lose weight and gain, tomorrow, I'll know why.

I've also joined a gym and I've got the induction on Saturday. I used to go to the gym pre-pandemic and just wasn't able (or maybe willing) to get back into the swing of things once they reopened. I do miss the Water aerobics class I used to do. The new gym doesn't have a pool and I can't afford a gym with a pool.

So up and down

Edited by NeonRaven8919

I am in a stall but have gotten back to a comfortable, positive vibe where I just don't care. And hopefully it'll break my addiction to the scale. ^_^

My work week has been fraught with stress and cleaning up other peoples' messes -- but I'm trying to remind myself that their bad choices are not my responsibility, and if they want to continue to make poor choices despite my efforts that they can deal with the repercussions themselves. I have entered my malicious compliance phase.

Having a lot of trouble with foods lately, particularly lunch times for some reason. I reached out to my team and they told me that while it's not ideal, if I need to do Protein Shakes or protein-added Soups at lunch for a while, it's not going to do any harm. They'd 'like' me to be eating more real foods and not relying on a shake for lunch everyday, but that's something I can 'work towards'. I really don't see the big deal, tbh. I get plenty of dinner variety, and while breakfasts have been pretty much Cereal or oatmeal for a while I see variety on the horizon there too.

Ok, all that sounded mildly unhappy - but honestly, I'm in a great mood -- especially compared to last week LOL. I feel energized again -- emotionally, mentally & physically.

4 hours ago, NeonRaven8919 said:

This week has been disappointing. I didn't lose any weight despite not doing anything different.

I got a dreaded summer cold, so I wasn't motivated to cook. So I ordered pizza last night.. I'm really disappointed in myself, because there's a million better options. But what's done is done. So I'm back on the diet today. I'm still sick, but I can't use that as an excuse.

Make sure you don't beat yourself up about it though. ❤️

Slips happen, and you know what to do going forward. You're heading in the right direction. Unless you literally hurt yourself eating it, it's not that big a deal.

That said, maybe take some time to check out other healthier delivery options for the future, for anytime you feel stuck. It's easy to make choices that we otherwise wouldn't when we're hungry, tired and sick and feel that pressure of "I need to get this ordered now", but if you had a few other options saved and ready to go, you might make choices that you'd regret less / be less disappointed in afterwards.

For me, I have a couple of local mexican restaurants that have some 'build your own salad / rice bowl' options with steamed brown rice, Beans, charred corn, and several different 'clean' Proteins that aren't covered in sugary sauces. There's a number of greek restaurants that have done me dirty with the amount of oil they use in everything, but there's one that has options with little to no oil.

When you're feeling better, maybe see if you can find a comfort food that would freeze and heat up well -- or even a couple of store-bough frozen dinners if you can find some that suit you nutritionally. I don't know what the selection is like in the UK, but in Canada I've seen some decent low carb/sugar options from Healthy Choice, Green Giant and even Lean Cuisine.

2 hours ago, JennyBeez said:

Make sure you don't beat yourself up about it though. ❤️

Slips happen, and you know what to do going forward. You're heading in the right direction. Unless you literally hurt yourself eating it, it's not that big a deal.

That said, maybe take some time to check out other healthier delivery options for the future, for anytime you feel stuck. It's easy to make choices that we otherwise wouldn't when we're hungry, tired and sick and feel that pressure of "I need to get this ordered now", but if you had a few other options saved and ready to go, you might make choices that you'd regret less / be less disappointed in afterwards.

For me, I have a couple of local mexican restaurants that have some 'build your own salad / rice bowl' options with steamed brown rice, Beans, charred corn, and several different 'clean' Proteins that aren't covered in sugary sauces. There's a number of greek restaurants that have done me dirty with the amount of oil they use in everything, but there's one that has options with little to no oil.

When you're feeling better, maybe see if you can find a comfort food that would freeze and heat up well -- or even a couple of store-bough frozen dinners if you can find some that suit you nutritionally. I don't know what the selection is like in the UK, but in Canada I've seen some decent low carb/sugar options from Healthy Choice, Green Giant and even Lean Cuisine.

That's a great idea. I live in a big city so there's loads to choose from, I just always stick with the comfort food. I hadn't thought of rice/salad bowls. There's loads of places like that around here.

My PCP has me recorded at 320 pounds 2 yrs ago at my highest weight ever. I saw her yesterday and she smiled and said well hello there tiny person. I laughed and said well I did lose half of me. She said you look like a small child. I wasn't sure if that was good or bad but I'll take it. LOL 🤔

On 7/31/2024 at 12:54 PM, Bypass2Freedom said:

I have had a little bit from the sides shaved off

Same here. I really like it. I hope you kept the pink hair.

20 hours ago, NeonRaven8919 said:

I got a dreaded summer cold, so I wasn't motivated to cook. So I ordered pizza last night.. I'm really disappointed in myself, because there's a million better options. But what's done is done. So I'm back on the diet today. I'm still sick, but I can't use that as an excuse. And at least when I don't lose weight and gain, tomorrow, I'll know why.

I've also joined a gym and I've got the induction on Saturday. I used to go to the gym pre-pandemic and just wasn't able (or maybe willing) to get back into the swing of things once they reopened. I do miss the Water aerobics class I used to do. The new gym doesn't have a pool and I can't afford a gym with a pool.

So up and down

I think it is so natural to be a bit up and down, especially considering that this is a life-long journey, so we can't always have the highs. It is also about finding the happy mediums :)

It is good that you can be self-aware about where you may need to improve, just take it one step at a time and don't put too much pressure on yourself to do it all at once :)

15 hours ago, JennyBeez said:

I am in a stall but have gotten back to a comfortable, positive vibe where I just don't care. And hopefully it'll break my addiction to the scale. ^_^

My work week has been fraught with stress and cleaning up other peoples' messes -- but I'm trying to remind myself that their bad choices are not my responsibility, and if they want to continue to make poor choices despite my efforts that they can deal with the repercussions themselves. I have entered my malicious compliance phase.

Having a lot of trouble with foods lately, particularly lunch times for some reason. I reached out to my team and they told me that while it's not ideal, if I need to do Protein Shakes or protein-added Soups at lunch for a while, it's not going to do any harm. They'd 'like' me to be eating more real foods and not relying on a shake for lunch everyday, but that's something I can 'work towards'. I really don't see the big deal, tbh. I get plenty of dinner variety, and while breakfasts have been pretty much Cereal or oatmeal for a while I see variety on the horizon there too.

Ok, all that sounded mildly unhappy - but honestly, I'm in a great mood -- especially compared to last week LOL. I feel energized again -- emotionally, mentally & physically.

Sounds like we are in somewhat of the same position when it comes to food! I am really struggling to eat more 🤣 Protein Shakes are also going to have to remain a part of my life for a while!

I am glad that you are feeling great though, amazing to hear!

6 hours ago, BabySpoons said:

My PCP has me recorded at 320 pounds 2 yrs ago at my highest weight ever. I saw her yesterday and she smiled and said well hello there tiny person. I laughed and said well I did lose half of me. She said you look like a small child. I wasn't sure if that was good or bad but I'll take it. LOL 🤔

Same here. I really like it. I hope you kept the pink hair.

Take it as a compliment for sure! Haha, sometimes the way that people phrase things is really strange 😂

I am definitely enjoying the look! I shall have to upload a picture to the thread later if my brain is engaged enough to remember 🤣 It is Friday and I feel like I am struggling to stay awake!

I definitely kept the pink 🎀🌸💟

On 8/1/2024 at 4:55 AM, NeonRaven8919 said:

So up and down

you got this!! Sometimes we self-sabotage and this journey will not be perfect! been there! I definitely have had times where I eat something I know isn't great but I do. Like you said what's done is done, you moved on and back on track! Everything in moderation! its life we cant eat like rabbits forever. We will end up being miserable hags hahah *at least this what I tell myself when I have a few bites of Ben and Jerrys tehe*

My week has been decent, school for the kids is almost starting so that is exciting, I have a son who is going into 7th grade, daughter who is going into 2nd grade and a 2.5 rambunctious crazy toddler boy. So school shopping and haircuts are in our future next week! I finished my last final for my bachelors degree on Saturday so I will be getting that degree soon! Cannot wait!!!

Probably the funniest thing that happened this week is that I went to F45 and my pants split right in the booty crack LOL!! So I ended up tucking in my top to continue my workout. I looked so silly but meh! still got a good workout in. My eating is not as strict as I was before but still tracking and maintaining a good caloric input and getting in around 120-150g of Protein a day. Need to work on Water more. Working on my food relationship and how its okay to have things in moderation is okay and healthy!

Lately, I been having some accepting my new body issues, I went from a DD to A bra size and I am just not coping well LOL I officially am no longer wearing a bra because bralettes or pasties is all I need. The skin that is wrinkly and saggy regardless of how much I work out, its a reminder of how long I put my body through physical abuse and how there will always be remnants of it. I did however put a down payment on a surgeon for breast augmentation for Jan. Which I know I know I should wait longer but that will be a year and if I need them redone or fixed I'll pay for it. Plastics and my sleeve surgeon told me to wait the year. I will wait another year or 2 for my Tummy Tuck or 360 lift.

My department lost 3 people within a month, 2 of which were tenured so this stings. My workload just got A WHOLE LOT BIGGER. Its going to be more stressful- so going to work with all my tools and make sure I don't eat my stress away.

This week is my *spa week* Today- tanning & Brows, Monday- getting my hair did, Wednesday- Nails, so this is my week of treating myself for all my accomplishments thus far. I figure I should treat myself with something other than food.

Anyways I needed this outlet more than I thought. LOL Thanks for reading if you did!

@AmberFL God that sounds like a hectic week so far and so much to sort out! Sounds like you are one tough mumma though and holding the fort down! 💪

And congrats to you and your degree! That is such a massive achievement!! ❤️

Kudos to you for continuing the workout, I would have been straight out of the door 😂 I am really trying to drink more Water at the moment too, but I just hate having to wee all of the damn time 🤣

I am absolutely terrified of losing my boobs...I am a GG at the moment and I just know they are going to be such a state 😢I do however look forward to having that weight off my chest, literally - but just like you, I feel like surgery will be needed! I really hope it all goes well for you.

Spa week sounds lush 😍 I am also going to get my eyebrows and nails done this weekend! Possibly also some lashes but we shall see! Good on you for treating yourself, and I am glad that you got this outlet that you needed x