Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A new week beckons 🙂

London was fab, a break that was very much needed by both of us. The hotel was very nice, the staff were fantastic, couldn’t do enough to help but some of the guests were just entitled dickheads. You know something is amiss when you say ‘thank you’ and the member of staff looks completely surprised. There were film crews there - one was something about a reality music show shown on MTV/Paramount possibly Love and Hip Hop Atlanta?? Not my thing so wasn’t too fussed. Did chat to a lovely crew lady though who filled us in on what was happening. Also there was some setting up to do regarding some additional Mission Impossible 8 shooting. Apparently the hotel was used for a lot of interior shots 🤷‍♀️ Didn’t see anyone famous though!

Anyway, I was complemented on a couple of my outfits which gave me a real buzz! Having my makeup done was actually a lovely thing. It really helped that the MUA was very approachable and actually listened. The Pet Shop Boys were as brilliant as ever and a wonderful time was definitely had! Hubby bought me a commemorative PSB sweatshirt which is a XXL and fits like sausage skin. So, my next goal is to fit in to it comfortably. I think it’s definitely losing a couple of dress sizes 😬 (if not more)

I’ve added 3.5lbs to last week’s weight, which isn’t bad, considering. I have my dietitian appointment in 3 weeks and I’m hoping to get that gain and a few more lbs off by then. I never thought I would miss Protein Shakes and Protein yoghurt quite so much!

I hope everyone has an awesome week ahead

Onwards and Downwards!

Sounds like you had a wonderful time! You'll be completely swimming in that sweatshirt before you know it.

Oh OP please update your stats! No idea what surgery you had or when so no idea what advice to give about the gain.

Sounds an amazing time. Big PSB fan here too. I saw them many years ago supporting Take That in Manchester. Glad you had fun. 🤩

12 hours ago, Spinoza said:

Oh OP please update your stats! No idea what surgery you had or when so no idea what advice to give about the gain.

Sounds an amazing time. Big PSB fan here too. I saw them many years ago supporting Take That in Manchester. Glad you had fun. 🤩

Hi @SpinozaI’m pre-op so just going through the tests and appointments before deciding on which surgery and then waiting for the date of surgery 🙂 I’m trying to get my head around the requirements of WLS - types of foods, drinking, Vitamins etc plus trying to lose some weight in the meantime.

@NickelChipfingers crossed I will be in it before the end of the year 😉

Had steroid injections in both knees yesterday in the hope of easing the pains I have. I’m not going to lie, I was a big, moaning baby last night as the numbing injections had worn off and I was hurting like a b***h. This, coupled with the ridiculously warm night (in the UK, we don’t do heat very well and we certainly don’t have the infrastructure or air con to deal!) made for a crappy night. But it’s eased a little today plus I’ve lost another 1.5lbs so I’m now in a lower stone’s bracket 🤩🤩 Lots of (careful) happy dancing this morning when I got off the scales!

I’m hoping to lose another 3.5lbs as my first target before my dietitian appointment 21st August as this will mean I would have lost 2 stones since beginning this WLS journey at the end of May.

we discussed knee replacement surgery at my appointment yesterday and I need to have a BMI of sub-40 before I’m considered for surgery. This works out at about 2 stones more to lose. I will get a call in 3 months to see how I’m doing. I won’t be referred until I’ve lost that weight as it will be refused. I do understand the reasoning so I’m not stressing about it. I will have a chat to the dietitian just to make sure that I would still be considered for WLS should my BMI be less than 40 as that was the reason I was accepted in the first place as I don’t have diabetes or anything that would make me eligible with a BMI of 35. Hopefully it won’t be an issue 🤞🤞

13 hours ago, MrsFitz said:

I’m now in a lower stone’s bracket

So here I am, minding my business, happily following along with the posts when BAM....ya got me again. What does this mean? lol

6 hours ago, SleeveToBypass2023 said:

So here I am, minding my business, happily following along with the posts when BAM....ya got me again. What does this mean? lol

Sorry…not sure if it’s the same in the US but in the UK 14lbs = 1 stone. My post meant that I had gone down from weighing 20 stones + to weighing 19 stones + 🙂

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, MrsFitz said:

Sorry…not sure if it’s the same in the US but in the UK 14lbs = 1 stone. My post meant that I had gone down from weighing 20 stones + to weighing 19 stones + 🙂

OH!!! Ok. I've heard people say something weighed 6 stones or 10 stones and I always thought "why are they weighing things with rocks?" Now I know lol Thanks for clearing that up!! :) And congrats on the weight loss!!!

Edited by SleeveToBypass2023