Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help...What should I do????

I am in pain...I know I am too tight from my fill last week. Now I am on vacation with my family out of state. I thought that the band may relax after a week of liquids but it has gotten worse. At this point I am having trouble just getting liquid down. Anything thicker than Water is definately a no go.

I am also getting a feeling like acid in my throat. Is that heartburn? I know I am not getting any calories down right now but I am not really hungry. I am probably dehydrated because it takes me about 4 hours to get down a glass of water.

So my question is what do I do to keep from getting sick? I wont have access to my doctor until next Thurs. Is there a Vitamin water or something that will get me through?

I need all the help I can get. Thanks,

You need to get some saline taken out. Waiting until next week is not a good idea. Isn't there another doctor that you can get into?

What about the ER in a hospital?

<p>boy this is when i wish i had a feeding tube. i had the band two weeks ago so im not surl=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w31X0c5/]

ure what to do.</p>

What city and state are you in? We might be able to come up with some suggestions.

You might be tighter if you flew. For some reason some people get tighter when they fly on airplanes. Did you fly?

:hungry: i was just banded 2 weeks ago. how do i get a tracker?

If you have a question not related to somebody's thread, it would be polite to post it in your own thread. Probably in the forum regarding your question. Which in this case would be the technical forum down towards the bottom of the page. Upon entering, you will find the very thread that will help you before you even had a chance to ask the question that has been asked 50 million times before you:

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f5/ticker-tutorial-pictures-41782/

Shawna:

Look at the inamed website or google lap band doctors and try to find a lap band doctor or center in the area where you are spending your holidays. Maybe you can get an unfill from one of the doctors in that area.

I hope you get better soon. If you can't find someone to do an unfill you should probably go to the e.r. for hydration via i.v. so that you don't get too ill.

Hugs to you for getting better.

Sue

Please do not wait too long to see a doctor . It sounds like you are too tight. If all else fails go to the E.R. Good luck Donna

I just wanted to say thank you for the support and well wishes. I ended up finding a doctor in Las Vegas who could help me. It was a rough unfill since the doctor could not find the port initially, but once he brought in the ultrasound machine the mission was accomplished.

I have heard of a CD given to some patients that explains to ER docs how to do an unfill. Does anyone know where I could get a copy of this? I don't think I will attempt any more traveling with out a back up because dehydration is a serious matter. I couldn't believe how quickly my body started to shut down.

I'm all better now though and thanks again to everyone. I wish you all a Happy and Safe New Year!

same thing happened to me - by the time i got to a dr i was so dehydrated i stayed in over night just getting fulids via IV in me. hope your better!!! -- after a month of my un-fill i just had a refill and guess what -- been 2 days and cant get anything thicker then Water down again!!! hope after a few days its better!

Sorry to hear that you are so tight Lisa. I really feel for you. I had gotten so badly dehydrated that I was shaking, shivering, and my blood pressure had fallen to 75 over 54. I will never again wait even a few hours before getting unfilled if I am that tight. It is really scary stuff.

Well let us know what you end up doing and DONT risk it, better safe than sorry.