Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oh boy am I struggling… barely can get anything in. Few sips and I feel at super capacity!!!I’m-miserable. Tell me it gets better!!!

It really will get better, I promise! You got this!

Some people are more swollen and tender the others. It’s doesn’t take much in an already small space to make a lot less room. Just keep sipping as best as you can. Not everyone hits their goals right away but try your best. Sometimes people find that it goes down easier at different temperatures. Like room temp, cold or warm (not hot). Also try different flavor enhancers. Everything, even broth or popsicles count towards your goal so try everything on that list and just keep doing whatever seems to get the most down. It should get a little easier day by day, hour by hour by hour even, as the inflammation goes down. Hang in there.

If this experience taught me anything it was that the human body adapts - i was panicking my first week out of surgery i knew i wasn’t drinking enough broth and Water and tea included.

But my dietician just said you’ll see your body adapts as long as you keep sipping when you can - you do the best you can listen to your body.

The internal swelling is no joke - you can feel perfectly fine on the outside but imagine the healing going on inside. You’ll actually be able to feel it go down a little each day and the restriction won’t be so harsh.

I hit none of my hydration or Protein goals the first few weeks 🤣 and i felt sooo bad about it but in the end it really isn’t the end of the world as long as you try to the best of your ability

I almost forgot one thing that may help is clear Protein Drinks. Run it by your team but it should be allowed and it should count as fluids and Protein

It gets so much better! Don't beat yourself up over the goals -- they're just that, goals. You're not expected to reach them, especially at first. Just do your best to keep on sipping.

I'm not allowed protien shakes this week. Just tea, broth, Water and juices ooo and jelly. I woke up today hungry but too exhausted n sore.. I am day 2 post op bypass

1 minute ago, Justarwaxx said:

I'm not allowed protien shakes this week. Just tea, broth, Water and juices ooo and jelly. I woke up today hungry but too exhausted n sore.. I am day 2 post op bypass

No not shakes. Clear Protein Drinks. They are like Water consistency so you should be allowed to have them at this stage. Check first of course but if you’re allowed they sell them just about everywhere now. I get Protein 2.0 at Walmart. Just search clear protein water or drink.

7 minutes ago, ShoppGirl said:

No not shakes. Clear Protein Drinks. They are like Water consistency so you should be allowed to have them at this stage. Check first of course but if you’re allowed they sell them just about everywhere now. I get Protein 2.0 at Walmart. Just search clear Protein Water or drink.

Ooh yes yes we have them here! I'll ask my nurse x but she actually told me focus isn't on protein now.

On 8/15/2024 at 9:36 PM, Justarwaxx said:

Ooh yes yes we have them here! I'll ask my nurse x but she actually told me focus isn't on Protein now.

That's really strange because the focus should be on protein right from the beginning. I was drinking protein gatorade zero, protein Water, ready made Protein Shakes (not thick, very watery), Bone Broth, and flavored electrolyte water (Propel has been my favorite).

15 minutes ago, SleeveToBypass2023 said:

That's really strange because the focus should be on Protein right from the beginning. I was drinking protein gatorade zero, protein Water, ready made Protein Shakes (not thick, very watery), Bone Broth, and flavored electrolyte Water (Propel has been my favorite).

Yea. I just double checked my post op paperwork and from day 3 I had a protein goal of 60-80g. I did have a different surgery but I’m pretty sure it was quite similar for the sleeve as well. I could see if you had to choose between hydration and protein and your struggling to meet your Fluid goal but the clear Protein Drinks should satisfy both. You may consider giving them a call to double check.

6 hours ago, ShoppGirl said:

Yea. I just double checked my post op paperwork and from day 3 I had a Protein goal of 60-80g. I did have a different surgery but I’m pretty sure it was quite similar for the sleeve as well. I could see if you had to choose between hydration and protein and your struggling to meet your Fluid goal but the clear Protein Drinks should satisfy both. You may consider giving them a call to double check.

Yep, when I originally had the sleeve, I still had to prioritize protein.

56 minutes ago, SleeveToBypass2023 said:

Yep, when I originally had the sleeve, I still had to prioritize Protein.

I knew it was a priority from very early out. I Just couldn’t remember if it was day two or four or when EXACTLY. I guess I didn’t express that very well.

12 hours ago, SleeveToBypass2023 said:

That's really strange because the focus should be on Protein right from the beginning. I was drinking protein gatorade zero, protein Water, ready made Protein Shakes (not thick, very watery), Bone Broth, and flavored electrolyte Water (Propel has been my favorite).

Exactly, I also was surprised because I learned everything from online and tiktok haha but I will just repeat this I am from the middle east so I think it's a bit different here. She told ne 1st week should be nutritional and waters then week 2 I add the protien shakes and so on.

Also since I am typing, TMI warning do u guys happen to get the random runs? Like I thought I was just passing gas but it was more than that. I still haven't done number 2 since my op on Wednesday but I've had this episode for the 2nd time. Not painful but just passing air and liquid

My understanding is hydration is primary concern 1st week. Sip sip sip all clears no Protein until 5 days out?