Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hurray! We’re off to London this week 🤩

The past couple of weeks have been a little stressful but I managed to get last weeks 2.5lb gain off plus almost a lb more so I’m happy. I just want this to be a ‘normal’ week - no hospital appointments, worries or stressing over weight. I know my weight will go up but so what? We’re having a mini-break in a posh hotel, just the 2 of us. It can give us some badly needed time together where we’re just us, no work stresses (hubby) or health concerns etc. I think sometimes we lose sight of ourselves as an actual person and not a collection of ailments and anxieties over different things.

Clothes are out and ready to be packed. I’ve tried to go outside my comfort zone a little and not just take the fat woman’s uniform of leggings and tops! I’m not taking dresses or skirts, purely because I haven’t managed to perfect getting on and off my scooter in a semi-ladylike way without flashing my wares to unsuspecting passers-by 😜 I have tried for a more dressier wardrobe so we will see.

Nails to paint this afternoon and then hairdressers tomorrow. It’s nice to have that bit of a pamper (which we all deserve) I did manage toenails yesterday without making a complete hash of it so I will take that as a NSV as I was actually able to reach them, for once!

Have a thoroughly wonderful week everyone.

Onwards & Downwards!!

Ooo so exciting! I bet you are going to have the most amazing time! :)

Congratulations on your NSW and the loss also ❤️

I fully understand the struggle in trying to stop wearing leggings and a top 🤣 Like...what do people wear? 🤔

Have an amazing time :)

Ha ha! I STILL wear leggings and tops almost all the time - not because I'm fat, because I'm not any more - I just like them!

Have a great trip

2 hours ago, catwoman7 said:

Ha ha! I STILL wear leggings and tops almost all the time - not because I'm fat, because I'm not any more - I just like them!

Me too, so comfortable and tight enough to hide my wobbly arms and legs

Thank you @Bypass2Freedom. It’s hard to get out of the habit of throwing on the same clothes day in, day out. I know I need to shake things up but it’s difficult knowing how!

@NeonRaven8919 I adore London and always have. There is always something going on and caters to all tastes and interests. It’s certainly different to where we live!

@catwoman7 and @summerseeker I don’t even know how many pairs or leggings I have, it’s ridiculous and yes, they are so comfy. Unfortunately I have yet to find a pair made of strong enough material to hold in my belly - it’s not attractive at all ☹️

@FifiLux Thanks, I certainly plan to 🙂

Tickets have come through today for our show at the Royal Opera House on Thursday, which is ramping the excitement up a lot. Hubby has also paid for me to have my makeup done on the day too. I’m feeling a bit 😬 about that as I’m not sure about the attention to be honest? I’m sure it will be OK, just another new experience huh?

That sounds so wonderful!!! Have a fantastic time, you deserve it. And you're right, we all deserve to have time with the one we love and not worry about anything else. I call it "the bubble". For this amount of time, nothing but hubby and I are allowed in our bubble. All the stress and BS will still be there later, but right now, in this time and in this bubble, it's just me and my love. Nobody and nothing is allowed to bother us in our bubble.

YAY on your NSV!!!! The first time I was able to paint my toe nails without straining or getting out of breath, I literally almost cried. I couldn't believe it!!! So being able to do that is definitely a victory worth celebrating.

As for leggings, I still wear them all the time (when I'm not in scrubs for work lol) I love them. They're super comfy, and the smaller sizes have the cutest colors, styles, and designs. And like @summerseeker said, they hold my wobbly loose skin just enough lol Something @catwoman7 said really struck me. She said "not because I'm fat, because I'm not any more" and I stopped right there because HOLY CRAP, I'm not fat anymore!!! Sometimes I forget that. I don't know why that resonated with me so much, but it really hit me that I'M NOT FAT ANYMORE.

I know you're going to hit your goals. We all have our ups and downs, and this journey is not easy and not for the faint of heart. But if you do it, and you really make the changes and do the work, it's BEAUTIFUL on the other side. And I know you'll get there. But for right now, put everything else out of your mind, get pampered, get in your bubble with your hunny, and have an awesome time in London :)❤️

2 hours ago, SleeveToBypass2023 said:

That sounds so wonderful!!! Have a fantastic time, you deserve it. And you're right, we all deserve to have time with the one we love and not worry about anything else. I call it "the bubble". For this amount of time, nothing but hubby and I are allowed in our bubble. All the stress and BS will still be there later, but right now, in this time and in this bubble, it's just me and my love. Nobody and nothing is allowed to bother us in our bubble.

YAY on your NSV!!!! The first time I was able to paint my toe nails without straining or getting out of breath, I literally almost cried. I couldn't believe it!!! So being able to do that is definitely a victory worth celebrating.

As for leggings, I still wear them all the time (when I'm not in scrubs for work lol) I love them. They're super comfy, and the smaller sizes have the cutest colors, styles, and designs. And like @summerseeker said, they hold my wobbly loose skin just enough lol Something @catwoman7 said really struck me. She said "not because I'm fat, because I'm not any more" and I stopped right there because HOLY CRAP, I'm not fat anymore!!! Sometimes I forget that. I don't know why that resonated with me so much, but it really hit me that I'M NOT FAT ANYMORE.

I know you're going to hit your goals. We all have our ups and downs, and this journey is not easy and not for the faint of heart. But if you do it, and you really make the changes and do the work, it's BEAUTIFUL on the other side. And I know you'll get there. But for right now, put everything else out of your mind, get pampered, get in your bubble with your hunny, and have an awesome time in London :)❤️

Aw, thanks for your comments @SleeveToBypass2023 😊

Isnt it odd how you see yourself in the mirror everyday, you buy clothes in (much) smaller sizes, you’re able to do things that you struggled with previously because of excess weight etc but it’s a simple comment that really hits you and makes you just stop?

I wonder how long it takes for someone to just think of themselves as a thin person? I remember when I had lost weight previously, I saw a slim pair of legs reflected in a coffee shop window and thought to myself ‘ooh, I wish my legs were as slim as that’….it took a while for the penny to drop that actually they WERE my legs! I think it can take quite some time for our physical selves and mental selves to marry up 🤔

I am so excited for you. Let us know how it all goes. I am vicariously packing right along with you.

2 hours ago, MrsFitz said:

Aw, thanks for your comments @SleeveToBypass2023 😊

Isnt it odd how you see yourself in the mirror everyday, you buy clothes in (much) smaller sizes, you’re able to do things that you struggled with previously because of excess weight etc but it’s a simple comment that really hits you and makes you just stop?

I wonder how long it takes for someone to just think of themselves as a thin person? I remember when I had lost weight previously, I saw a slim pair of legs reflected in a coffee shop window and thought to myself ‘ooh, I wish my legs were as slim as that’….it took a while for the penny to drop that actually they WERE my legs! I think it can take quite some time for our physical selves and mental selves to marry up 🤔

I literally had that happen the other day!!! I was walking and I saw my reflection in the window as I was walking towards it. I saw this thin person walking and her thighs weren't rubbing together. There was like a gap or space between them as she walked. And I got SO JEALOUS!!! I've always wanted to have that. I kept thinking "Man, how much more weight do I have to lose to have THAT" and then I looked up at the face in the reflection and literally stopped walking. It was ME!!! I was the thin person walking without their thighs rubbing. I stopped walking and my husband was concerned. He kept asking me what was wrong and I could could say was "there's a gap!!!" He thought I lost it lol Body dysmorphia is REAL. That's definitely something NOBODY told me about when I started this journey, that's for sure.

15 hours ago, catwoman7 said:

Wearing them now 😁. Fitted tops of course. Wear them around the house in winter with sweaters and cardigans. I secretly love (not so secret now!) seeing my skinny legs reflected in my glass doors. Like you, @SleeveToBypass2023, it took a while to accept the skinny, non thigh rubbing kegs were mine, but now it’s good motivation to stay on track.

Have a wonderful mini break in London @MrsFitz. Just think next time you visit, you may not need your scooter & you’ll have many more. wardrobe options. Yay!

okay, am i the only one who actually DOESN'T like to wear leggings anymore?????

when i was thin, i didn't like how my calves looked in them. when i got fat, i didn't wear them, because i felt even FATTER in them. then i lost the weight, and i was all, "oh yeah, look at me in leggings, i'm not fat". but after a while i realized that wearing leggings made may non-existent ass look even more non-existent! unless i constantly flex my butt muscles, you can draw a straight vertical line from my neck to my calves if i stand sideways.

i do wear them to exercise classes though, but not in everyday public life lol

On 7/22/2024 at 11:50 AM, MrsFitz said:

Tickets have come through today for our show at the Royal Opera House on Thursday, which is ramping the excitement up a lot

Super exciting ! What show are you seeing?

1 hour ago, GreenTealael said:

Super exciting ! What show are you seeing?

Off to see The Pet Shop Boys! I’m a massive fan and it’s the final week of their world tour with a special 5 nights finale at the ROH. Whilst we’ve had a wander around Covent Garden previously, we’ve never been to the ROH so a whole new experience just for that alone 😊