Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Posted (edited)

Well my surgeons front office staff is consistent in giving me the wrong information at least. The nurse doing my paperwork said that my preop diet was two days liquid diet. I said last time I did a week of the LSD she said no it’s just two days but she would double check. Well when she didn’t call I called the office and they said yep two days but it sounded like they just checked the paper she gave me and hadn’t asked him. So thankfully I made an appt with the NP and she said that it should be two weeks of the LSD plus two days of liquids so I have to start in two days. Yet another shining example of why I don’t trust anything that they say. Who knows what would’ve happened when he found out on surgery day that I hadn’t done the diet at all. I would’ve been so devastated if they postponed me

Thanks to @SleeveToBypass2023 though I did find out that they have a patient portal so I can skip the front office and message the Nurses and Doctor instead. Of course the front office wasn’t sure how to get me logged into it 🤣 they told me to call the help number on the site. The FAQ’s say that the office has to send me an invite first though with a code so I’ve got to ask the surgeon about that on Monday too. Shocking, right?

Anyways, I have to wrap my mind around starting the pre op two weeks sooner than they said (a week sooner than I expected her to say). I am definitely doing to be wasting some food since I just bought groceries expecting to have another week. I am making a grocery order to pickup up Monday after I see the surgeon. I have the two shakes for Breakfast and lunch.

It’s honestly not too bad. I have to do two shakes but I do get a low carb dinner and a snack at least. Not complaining after seeing others having to all all liquid. I am going to get pretty board with it after two weeks though I’m sure. I wish I liked more of a variety of shakes. I like the cafe late or proffee a lot but of course that’s caffeine. Which it doesn’t technically say no caffeine but it seems like they told me that last time. Adding that to my list of questions too. The questions that the nutritionists should have answered but I was told no LSD so she didn’t go over it. 🤦‍♀️

Edited by ShoppGirl

1 hour ago, ShoppGirl said:

Thanks to @SleeveToBypass2023 though I did find out that they have a patient portal so I can skip the front office and message the Nurses and Doctor instead. Of course the front office wasn’t sure how to get me logged into it 🤣 they told me to call the help number on the site. The FAQ’s say that the office has to send me an invite first though with a code so I’ve got to ask the surgeon about that on Monday too. Shocking, right?

Oh my Lord...lol Do you know what system the portal is through? Athena, Epic, eClinicalWorks...I've worked with all 3 and can walk through how to get on the portal. If they have to send you an invitation to set up the portal, it sounds like Athena. The front desk should be able to do that. Medical Assistants can also do it. What kind of people did they hire for the front desk??? Patients being on the portal is HUGE. You request refills, see your appointments, make/cancel/reschedule appts, see lab results, and talk directly to your doctors through it. Now I'M annoyed with that office.....

Posted (edited)

29 minutes ago, SleeveToBypass2023 said:

Oh my Lord...lol Do you know what system the portal is through? Athena, Epic, eClinicalWorks...I've worked with all 3 and can walk through how to get on the portal. If they have to send you an invitation to set up the portal, it sounds like Athena. The front desk should be able to do that. Medical Assistants can also do it. What kind of people did they hire for the front desk??? Patients being on the portal is HUGE. You request refills, see your appointments, make/cancel/reschedule appts, see lab results, and talk directly to your doctors through it. Now I'M annoyed with that office.....

I am going to ask specifically for the invitation Monday before I go into my appointment with him.. I’m hoping that someone in there can at least do that. I mean I’m sure I can figure it out from there. I’m assuming it’s the same basic concept as the one I have for another dr. If they really don’t know how to do it I actually want to let the dr know though because they should be able to help with something 😂 . I’m usually not this bad but I’m starting to get annoyed that I have to spend my time and money going to extra appointments because of them.

Edited by ShoppGirl

I hope everything went well for your appointment and that you were able to get the relevant information for portal access. It certainly seems that you have had a bit of a rollercoaster ride recently. Keeping my fingers crossed that it goes smoothly for you now 🤞

So did you have your appt yet? If so, how did it go? Did you get in the dang portal? I'm so annoyed about that....

Thank you both for thinking about me. Yes. I did have appointment and no they did not know how to get me onto the portal 🤣 . They told me to call the help line which I did end up doing and they just sent me the invite and I took it from there. The Dr answered all of my questions. Most of the stuff that I was told by the rest of the staff that I questioned I was right to because they were wrong. I’m not gonna stress over it though. I got all my answers now and feel much better about things. He promised that if I need him post op I will be able to get him and I am supposed to be on the pre op diet starting today which I did just in case so I’m good. It says my surgery is at 7:30 in the patient portal but they haven’t called me yet. I’m wondering if that’s correct or they just put everyone in for 7:30 and work it out the day before.

12 minutes ago, ShoppGirl said:

Thank you both for thinking about me. Yes. I did have appointment and no they did not know how to get me onto the portal 🤣 . They told me to call the help line which I did end up doing and they just sent me the invite and I took it from there. The Dr answered all of my questions. Most of the stuff that I was told by the rest of the staff that I questioned I was right to because they were wrong. I’m not gonna stress over it though. I got all my answers now and feel much better about things. He promised that if I need him post op I will be able to get him and I am supposed to be on the pre op diet starting today which I did just in case so I’m good. It says my surgery is at 7:30 in the patient portal but they haven’t called me yet. I’m wondering if that’s correct or they just put everyone in for 7:30 and work it out the day before.

I’m glad you questioned everything and have finally got your answers from the horses mouth as it were. Just try to maintain an air of zen now for the next couple of weeks!

2 hours ago, ShoppGirl said:

Grrrrr!!!! I don't like the people at your doctor's office!!!!! As a medical assistant (and former front desk person) that just grinds my gears!!! But at least you're in now. You can bypass all of them and talk directly to your doctor now. I'm so glad you got your answers and feel better. Are you starting to get excited??? I'm excited for you!!!

7 minutes ago, SleeveToBypass2023 said:

Grrrrr!!!! I don't like the people at your doctor's office!!!!! As a medical assistant (and former front desk person) that just grinds my gears!!! But at least you're in now. You can bypass all of them and talk directly to your doctor now. I'm so glad you got your answers and feel better. Are you starting to get excited??? I'm excited for you!!!

Yea, they keep sending me texts inviting me to do surveys and I’m like y’all don’t even want to get me started. lol. I am just glad that I’m on the portal now (thanks) and he said that If I have any issues post op that I would have no problem getting him. Starting the Liver Shrink Diet today is making it pretty real. I am still a tad nervous but finally I am at the point I can be nervous AND excited!!