Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is best for after surgery?

you'll probably get different answers from different people. I prefer Fairlife because I can taste the Protein in Premier shakes, but there are lots of people who love Premier shakes

I had sleeve 3.5 years ago and pre op I did nothing but vanilla premiere shakes. Then I was pretty sick kid those and I found the cafe latte in the same brand which I still like but it has caffeine. Pending revision I tried the vanilla again and it was disgusting to me. My husband buys the core power by fairlife and had me taste a chocolate which I am never a fan of but when even that wasn’t awful I decided to try their vanilla and it’s fine. Their strawberry banana is quite tasty in fact. We will see if I feel the same after two weeks of them though. 😂

7 hours ago, Jonathan Carlson said:

Fairlife makes Protein Shakes that are 42 g per serving which makes it easier to hit your Protein goals. But they are expensive

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

They are kinda expensive but tasty. I also heard with the 42 grams that you shouldn’t drink it all in one sitting because our bodies can’t absorb that much at once.

Fairlife is soooooo good! BUT so expensive so I stick to Premier Protein. With the occasional fairlife to make "desserts" lol

Honestly, I like both. They both taste great. BUT...while Fairlife has more Protein, it's harder to find and quite expensive. However, it tastes absolutely delicious. Premier has more flavor choices, is easy to find, is cheaper, and tastes really, REALLY good. Still gives a good amount of protein. So I like both, and I mad sure to have both.

Posted (edited)

On 7/19/2024 at 8:38 PM, Mandapanda@ said:

What is best for after surgery?

Easy answer: Fairlife Core!

I compared ingredients, taste (tastes exactly like milk ..chocolate milk or your choice) and credibility (Premier has/had a lawsuit over exaggerating their Protein content) which helped me make my choice easier. Lastly, Fairlife is milk, not chemicals.

My only complaint is Fairlife has high phthalates. I take this into consideration along with their product life cycle sustainable local farming practices and for now I over look the phthalates as they're in so many things in plastic containers. Eventually I'm hoping this will be corrected or I'll try and find something else.

Just remember if you continue to drink Fairlife, it contains either 26 or 42grams of calcium.. If you go with the 42 grams..its almost an entire days Calcium serving so take that into consideration when you start taking your daily supplements!

FL is harder to find and more expensive as others have said, I have mine on subscribe and save on Amazon or if you keep it in your cart or saved cart you will see when the price drops and buy it then. Its cheaper this way. I've seen price fluctuations as much as $15..so shop around! I was drinking the 42grams which makes it soooo much easier to get your protein in but its also more expensive which is why I went with the 26grams. If you're having difficulty reaching your goal in the early stages, do as I did and start with the 42 then drop down to the 26!

**My doctor gave me a great indicator of hypercalcemia (high blood calcium levels) to be aware of; if you flick your face and it twitches = too much Ca. Also, if you start getting eye twitches (tetany) cut back on Ca. Also, drink half each meal as our bodies can't absorb that much at once of both protein and calcium.

Edited by BlondePatriotInCDA