ร—
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So im 5 weeks post op andโ€ฆ.

Ive been testing the waters๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚. Ive tried shrimp and grits. Mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, chicken, ( of course in moderation). And they stayed down well! It took me a full day to finish but yea. Im wondering, is this the reason for my stall? I tried certain foods with mayo and i puked immediately. Its hard finding what works. But if not, i wont eat and i cant fully indulge. I need a guide because if my stall is due to my choices then i need to tighten up. My appetite is returning and certain foods like i mentioned agree with me but i feel bad for eating because when i see the scale im like dam if i do dam if i dont

I think stalls are pretty inevitable, regardless of intake!

I have been eating things like, chicken, shrimp etc and stalls still happen!

Your body is just recalibrating :)

stalls will happen no matter what. You can't avoid or prevent them. Now if you start to gain weight back, then re-evaluate what you're eating, how much, and how often. personally, I stay away from potatoes (especially in the beginning), grits, Pasta, rice, breads, etc... The first 6 months is when you lose the most the fastest. Eating things that slow down that process during that time is counter-productive. At least to me. I would wait until you're MUCH further out before you start eating those kinds of foods.

On 07/13/2024 at 18:19, SleeveToBypass2023 said:

stalls will happen no matter what. You can't avoid or prevent them. Now if you start to gain weight back, then re-evaluate what you're eating, how much, and how often. personally, I stay away from potatoes (especially in the beginning), grits, Pasta, rice, breads, etc... The first 6 months is when you lose the most the fastest. Eating things that slow down that process during that time is counter-productive. At least to me. I would wait until you're MUCH further out before you start eating those kinds of foods.

I honestly go from 183 to 187โ€ฆ& sometimes im not even eating

11 hours ago, Dchonlee said:

I honestly go from 183 to 187โ€ฆ& sometimes im not even eating

Honestly, that's why it's not good to weigh yourself every day. Things like how much you ate and drank, how much salt you had, if you pooped or not can all affect your weight. As hard as it is, weighing yourself once (or if you must, twice) per week, in the morning after you go to the bathroom, before you eat or drink is the best way to see what you true weight is.

Weight also fluctuates by a couple of pounds naturally, so if you weigh yourself daily, you'll get discouraged and frustrated and start to think, 5 weeks out, that you've plateaued. Be mindful of slider foods. That's stuff that you can eat more of because it goes down super easy and takes longer to make you feel full. Potatoes are known for this. As I said before, the first 6 months is when you lose the most the fastest. Eating things that slow down that process during that time is counter-productive. This is where you really want to stick to the diet as closely as possible to get the most out of the weight loss.

Also move your body. Add in working out, walking, swimming, anything that increases movement over and above what you normally do. Not only does that help, but when you drop weight fast, you can lose muscle. So you want to start working on that.

I had the sleeve 3.5 years ago and I remember testing the waters pretty early out too. Not saying that it was that which caused me to go off course and gain it back but itโ€™s definitely a slippery slope for some of us.
Just be careful โค๏ธ .

So I was pretty strict with myself up until probably this month when I hit 6months. I stayed away from carbs like they were the devil. Recently, I have incorporated 1/4C of diced O'Brien's potatoes and peppers air fried with egg whites and 1 slice of turkey bacon. Not gonna lie it scared me to do that lol Last night we had spaghettis and I made the sauce so I only had sauce on top of broccoli. You can still have the foods you like just modified. Shrimp is great, instead of real butter use pam or spray butter and add a side of veggies. this is the time to really focus on your relationship with food. This is for life. I have to remind myself of that all the time.

I went off my rocker yesterday...I was snacking on pirates booty, a couple of Doritos here, a couple of pieces of chocolate there then had Froyo. But I realized that I cannot do that again and I know that I have the willpower to get back on the horse and forget about that day (I still tracked everything!) I have been working on my relationship with foods, and what I can have in moderation and what I really have to stay away from. I workout HARD too, weight lifting, cardio, F45 and I LOVE it, its become kind of a passion and I have a couple of ladies' that I do workout routines for them and sometimes bring along with me to show them as well as done zoom workouts with my bestie.

Also I am an everyday weigher and I wont ever stop that. I need to know that what I am doing is working and when I have snacky days I like to see the damage. Surprisingly, there was none.

What I am saying is take full advantage of this honeymoon stage! lose as much as weight as humanly possible and track and get a good workout routine going. If you are lost on where to start with weight lifting I am more than happy to help!