Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Its been one month and 9 days and ive been 183 for two weeks now🙃. Im praying this is temporary. I started introducing solids but even in that i cant over indulge. WTF! If i stopped… this will be so disappointing.

I am sure you have just reached a stall period, don't let it worry you, EVERYONE has gone through it, or is going through it, as it is raised as a topic here every few days it feels like.

Your body is trying to adjust to the new you, new routines etc. so even if the scale has stalled (or even goes up a bit) you may be loosing inches etc. Over the last year I have had a few stalls and it is frustrating but part of the process. It also gets harder/slower as you get closer to your natural weight as there is less to loose. When it has happened I have upped my exercise (an extra walk or longer walk, more time in the pool etc.) to try and give the body a little nudge to get loosing again not sure if it helps or not but makes me feel better.

Try not to stress and just keep up the positive changes you have made. It is seriously not that long into this part of your journey.

sounds like the infamous "three-week stall" (it's not ALWAYS the third week, but it usually happens sometime within the first 4-6 weeks after surgery). Almost all of us have our first major stall then. If you do a search on the three week stall on this site, you will find over 17,000 posts on it (and no, I am NOT kidding!). It'll likely be the first of several stalls during your journey.

The best thing to do when you hit a stall is make sure you're following your eating plan to a "T", and stay off the scale. Instead of every day, weigh yourself once a week. As long as you stick to your eating plan, the stall WILL break. Usually takes 1-3 weeks. But it'll break. Mine lasted two weeks, and once it broke, I dropped like 6-8 lbs practically overnight.

it's just a way for your body to come to terms with what's going on and re-calibrate before heading down again. It's a natural part of losing weight and happens to almost all of us.

You hit a stall. There's a lot of posts on here about it. They happen a lot, and it's completely normal. Some of us would gain 3-5 pounds when a stall would hit and then drop like 6-7 pounds as soon as it broke. Others would just stay at the same weight until it broke. Just ride it out, it's normal. It'll happen several more times.

Literally, this morning I just came out of a two-weekish stall with an abrupt 4.5lb drop. Stalls are frustrating as heck but as long as you keep doing what you know you should be doing, you'll come out of it ok.

When I had my sleeve I would weigh myself daily (because I couldn’t help myself, lol) but I only recorded it once a week. That way I would see the downward trend better. Our weight can fluctuate by a couple pounds in either direction for so many things. We would really be better off if we would just Weigh like once a month but I get it. That’s really hard.

Posted (edited)

At 6 months post op, I just had a 3 week stall that ended a few days ago, and I'm down about 5 pounds since last week. I was also wondering if I was at my stopping point a few pounds over my goal, which is lower than my clinic's goal for me. Each stall seems to be lasting longer, which I know is the norm for this process. The reality is if you are following the program, the stalls will break and you'll lose more. It's just so hard to keep the faith during the stall.

Edited by Lily2024