ร—
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

S e x ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฎโ€๐Ÿ’จ๐Ÿซ ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿฝโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ˜‚

Lets have a candid talk. I was hesitant but ive been transparent thus far. I recently had sexโ€ฆ. Both times? Left me in PAIN. My incisions no longer hurt so im wondering if its my insides still trying to heal. Its unfortunate becauseโ€ฆ like anyone, i enjoy it๐Ÿ˜‚. But post surgery? Not being able to walk or feeling pain is concerning and it sucks. Im going to lay off of it and give my body more healing time.

How long post-op are you? I know my surgeon said not to have sex/any sexual activity for around 2-4 weeks!

But definitely if it hurts, probably too soon for you! :(

Posted (edited)

Sex can mean a lot of different things to differnt people or at different times. I mean if your a ways out and it was pretty low key I wouldnโ€™t think it would cause any issue but if it was a workout that youโ€™d only be able to duplicate at a gym and you havenโ€™t yet been cleared to go to the gym then its probably not the best idea. If it hurts though, I think waiting a little while longer is probably a good call.

Edited by ShoppGirl

Posted (edited)

i was wondering your exact surgery date as well but I think from prior posts that if I remember correctly itโ€™s been a little over a month for you. If you update your surgery info it will really help us to answer specific questions.

Edited by ShoppGirl

On 07/10/2024 at 03:07, Bypass2Freedom said:

How long post-op are you? I know my surgeon said not to have sex/any sexual activity for around 2-4 weeks!

But definitely if it hurts, probably too soon for you! :(

I had my surgery june 4 so iโ€™m one month in. Im not sure if i need more time to healโ€ฆ but whew im slowing down asap

I waited 8 weeks after the sleeve and 12 weeks after the bypass. I was cleared after 6 weeks both times, but the thought is, I wanna make sure I give my body the best chance to heal.

ALSO, keep in mind that you're on limited exercise until 6 weeks post op. Nothing heavy or strenuous. So if you're only a month post op (4 weeks) it's likely too soon. Definitely wait at least 2 more weeks before trying again. But maybe wait another 4, just to be safe...

I did the do about 2 weeks after, it was gentle LOL no working it and reversing it you know what I mean. I have noticed sex is wayyyyyy better now that I am smaller, Also (might be TMI) now that I dont have as much fat, sex gets deeper and positions are more of a variety so soreness happens with me. Not a pain soreness but like "why am I sore? Oh ya I did the deed"

I mean your partner and you can engage in oral if your into that, it helps with sexual desires.

On 07/10/2024 at 10:44, AmberFL said:

I did the do about 2 weeks after, it was gentle LOL no working it and reversing it you know what I mean. I have noticed sex is wayyyyyy better now that I am smaller, Also (might be TMI) now that I dont have as much fat, sex gets deeper and positions are more of a variety so soreness happens with me. Not a pain soreness but like "why am I sore? Oh ya I did the deed"

I mean your partner and you can engage in oral if your into that, it helps with sexual desires.

I was doing way too much๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

17 minutes ago, Dchonlee said:

I was doing way too much๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

When you have more energy and your feeling yourself, its hard to hold back! LOL!!

59 minutes ago, AmberFL said:

When you have more energy and your feeling yourself, its hard to hold back! LOL!!

Now now @AmberFL we are trying to get her to abstain for a while longer. ๐Ÿคฃ

On 07/10/2024 at 14:52, ShoppGirl said:

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ yeah im keeping my parts to myself. That pain after was not worth it. During was incredible! But after? Nope!

On 07/10/2024 at 13:51, AmberFL said:

Legit! Losing weight and fitting things better, ive been HOT!๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

20 hours ago, ShoppGirl said:

LOLOL!!! I am the worst, I felt like we were back in the honeymoon stage all over again hahah!! I am not the one to ask so I will just lurk heheh

My discharge paperwork says you can resume sec at 1 week post op. It sounds like my surgeonโ€™s recommendations are not the norm.

54 minutes ago, Sami2209 said:

My discharge paperwork says you can resume sec at 1 week post op. It sounds like my surgeonโ€™s recommendations are not the norm.

54 minutes ago, Sami2209 said:

Yea, my dr didnโ€™t even mention it but I would for sure what longer than a week. And even still take it easy.