Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When did you get your ring resized?

16 hours ago, SleeveToBypass2023 said:

I finally got my actual wedding ring sized. It was a size 8 when we got married. I was able to wear it for several years, and then I sized it to a 9 and wore it for a few more years. But once I went up to a 10, I started to wear a plain men's band.

Now that I'm done losing weight, I finally got it sized to a 5, although I could realistically wear a 4 1/2, but I would never get it over my knuckle. I can juuuuust barely get the 5 over my knuckle, so at least I know it won't come off.

I have to be honest, it looked smaller when my hand was bigger lol Now that my hand is a lot smaller and bonier, the stones look A LOT bigger, which is kind of weird lol I definitely wasn't expecting that.

Wow a 5?! I should check mine too. I have a size 8 and I take it off at night and when I go to the gym because Im afraid it will fly off. I keep telling my guy time for an upgrade lol

9 hours ago, AmberFL said:

Wow a 5?! I should check mine too. I have a size 8 and I take it off at night and when I go to the gym because Im afraid it will fly off. I keep telling my guy time for an upgrade lol

I could realistically wear a 4 1/2, but I would never get it over my knuckle. I can juuuuust barely get the 5 over my knuckle, so at least I know it won't come off. That is insane to me. Even in high school, when I was at my smallest, my ring size was a 6. My wrists are so small right now that I can't even wear a normal sized Bracelet. I used to be able to in high school, and that was my goal again, but now my wrist is too small. Just like now my fingers are so small I can't buy standard sized rings in the store lol That's what I wanted to be able to do again, and now I'm right back to having to buy specialty sizes again...just on the other end of the spectrum.

pro tip: for those JUST entering maintenance, you *may* want to hold off off on resizing your "important" rings...as you will most likely go through an "upswing" in the weight/size department. you also may not, but who knows???

my engagement/wedding rings where a size 6 and 7 respectively.

when i hit my lowest weight, i was below the lowest of the ring measurement paraphernalia i had....so i actually dont know what size i was. at around 3-4 years post op, i was a 4....today, (almost 6 yr pi) i am aaaaaalmost a 5.

i still haven't had my engagement/wedding rings resized, but mostly out of laziness...but i figure someday i will.

anyway....long story short: maybe wait a year at most to do the deed and resize the important rings. unless u dont care about having to likely resize them again later, go for it!

i myself am going to look into those resize bead things....

😊