Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When did you get your ring resized?

Mine is starting to fall off and the knuckle is barely holding it on. I am no longer able to workout with it on. I am wondering if its time to just resize it.

i am about 10-15 lbs lighter today than when i first got my engagement and wedding rings, so they are a bit loose, not crazy loose like i've seen others on here...

i haven't got them resized though....my engagement ring has a platinum band and i've been told that i need an "expert craftsman" to do it properly. and i don't know any "expert craftsmen" lololzzz. i decided a few years ago that i just want a whole new band/setting design for the diamond but just haven't got around to it. my wedding ring is an eternity band, so again, not the easiest to resize.

soooo...until i get around to finding a jewellery i trust to make me new rings, i use ring sizers i picked up on Amazon (link below). they aren't the prettiest, but i don't wear my rings everyday anyway so it'll do for now.

LINK:

https://www.amazon.ca/Adjuster-Invisible-Transparent-Tightener-Connector/dp/B095RGHX4N/ref=sxin_15_pa_sp_search_thematic_sspa?content-id=amzn1.sym.6b94ce8d-9249-4456-acf8-a149db076394%3Aamzn1.sym.6b94ce8d-9249-4456-acf8-a149db076394&crid=2XI9GSWSDBJW7&cv_ct_cx=ring+sizer&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.kLNJn9gNdpqcj-cXDVMYQLz7VYeBR6lL-_z7kIlxdact8cVUYX_zI9gAXG11sGQ6fIq6vXRZ77DtqTIL8IimnA.Bd8eOtQYKs60ybnugdkZl0macAcHrAaTOGIV3aNToyU&dib_tag=se&keywords=ring+sizer&pd_rd_i=B095RGHX4N&pd_rd_r=1f5c08bf-4301-4cbe-8a94-122195d45d2e&pd_rd_w=3ZOET&pd_rd_wg=SqYla&pf_rd_p=6b94ce8d-9249-4456-acf8-a149db076394&pf_rd_r=9JTG0Z064DNYABFAE08Q&qid=1719355031&sbo=RZvfv%2F%2FHxDF%2BO5021pAnSA%3D%3D&sprefix=ring+size%2Caps%2C88&sr=1-2-fce09e81-6c22-4c96-98cd-5f4f4a29a6e7-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9zZWFyY2hfdGhlbWF0aWM&psc=1

Honestly, I just got new ones. I went from a size 10 ring to a size 5. I used ring sizers at first, but I was losing too fast and went from size 10 to 9, skipped over 8 and went to 7, then a month later went to 6, then stayed there for a bit, then went to 5 1/2 and 2 weeks later went to 5. Now that I'm at my final ring size (mostly because I can't get anything smaller than a 5 past my knuckle) I'll invest in getting my actual, genuine wedding set resized. i just got other rings to wear until I got to my final size.

I’d wait until your weight stabilised - you don’t want to have the ring resized again. I had one resized but because I lost more weight it became too big again. It was sized to a H and I need a F1/2 in the end. Though I really can’t get it smaller because of the design of the ring. So I just got ring resizers like @ms.sss. Much cheaper than the cost of resizing a ring. I also wear some rings on different fingers. Of course how successful they are does depend on how much to big your ring is.

If it’s your engagement & wedding rings, I’d probably store them safely for now. You can always buy an inexpensive dress or costume rings to wear in the meantime or could be a god excuse to get new rings. 😉

When I had lost weight many moons ago, my jeweller put 2 balls of white gold inside my platinum bands to reduce the size and it worked perfectly. No damage to my rings, easy to remove if needed 🙂

11 hours ago, AmberFL said:

Mine is starting to fall off and the knuckle is barely holding it on. I am no longer able to workout with it on. I am wondering if its time to just resize it.

In Indonesia ring size adjuster is 0.2 USD, you can but multiple of them

7 hours ago, Arabesque said:

If it’s your engagement & wedding rings, I’d probably store them safely for now. You can always buy an inexpensive dress or costume rings to wear in the meantime or could be a god excuse to get new rings. 😉

This is exactly what I did. Some cute fake rings (sterling silver bands but fake stones) until my ring size settled, now I'm getting my actual set resized.

6 hours ago, MrsFitz said:

When I had lost weight many moons ago, my jeweller put 2 balls of white gold inside my platinum bands to reduce the size and it worked perfectly. No damage to my rings, easy to remove if needed 🙂

why have i only heard of this just now?? this is an idea and a half.

*off to google*

22 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

why have i only heard of this just now?? this is an idea and a half.

*off to google*

They are called ‘ring-sizing beads’ if that helps?

all great suggestions! Its actually just a ring that my guy got me a few years back. Not engagement or wedding like a commitment ring. but its based off Mulan my favorite Disney princess (she is a princess!) LOL I love it and wear it every single day. Might need to just do the spacers for now. I dont wear it working out anymore but maybe its just time for him to buy me the real thing hehe

13 hours ago, SleeveToBypass2023 said:

Honestly, I just got new ones. I went from a size 10 ring to a size 5. I used ring sizers at first, but I was losing too fast and went from size 10 to 9, skipped over 8 and went to 7, then a month later went to 6, then stayed there for a bit, then went to 5 1/2 and 2 weeks later went to 5. Now that I'm at my final ring size (mostly because I can't get anything smaller than a 5 past my knuckle) I'll invest in getting my actual, genuine wedding set resized. i just got other rings to wear until I got to my final size.

I have lost 122lbs as of this morning whoop whoop!! I have a size 8 not sure what size I have now but I have big hands lol Even my sister who is much smaller than and doesn't have weight problems has thicker fingers. Its our Irish curse in our family. Big calves and fingers LOL so even though I am working on my weight being stabilized I am not sure if my ring will reduce in size either. Perhaps I wait 6 more months and just do spacers.

19 minutes ago, AmberFL said:

I have lost 122lbs as of this morning whoop whoop!! I have a size 8 not sure what size I have now but I have big hands lol Even my sister who is much smaller than and doesn't have weight problems has thicker fingers. Its our Irish curse in our family. Big calves and fingers LOL so even though I am working on my weight being stabilized I am not sure if my ring will reduce in size either. Perhaps I wait 6 more months and just do spacers.

Weighing in: I’ve lost around 100 lbs and my ring size has gone from 10 to 8, so I am in fact big boned lol !

But to answer your original question, I never resized my (various) rings, I just wear them on different fingers now.

At my heaviest, (320#) I had to have a ring that I never took off, cut from my finger by a jeweler. How embarrassing. Now that I'm nearing my goal weight, I'm still waiting to have it resized because whatever my body settles at in the end ( figuring in the 10-20 rebound pounds) could be a whole lot different than any number on the scale "I had planned."

I just don't want to do it twice. I have plenty of other rings to wear in the meantime in all different sizes on all different fingers :)