Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Amp protein in SF pudding

2 hours ago, Fars said:

Any idea to make liquid diet. More palatable ? How can one amp Proteins in sugar free Jello pudding for example other than using fairlife and adding whey

I wish I had a suggestion.. Unfortunately you've eliminated my suggestions for jello/pudding Protein additions that would qualify for the liquid diet portion of bariatric programs.... I just added both to different Soups etc. Good luck!

Got the cheesecake flavor and made it with fair life and it’s so thick and sweet I can’t have more than a teaspoon

sofar only savory option is Panera broccoli cheddar Soup from which I pick out the veggies and have 4 oz

Posted (edited)

Not sure if you would like it but you could add high protein/greek yogurt to the jelly, before it sets, so that it sets like a pudding texutre. You would get a higher Protein amount if you also included some protein powder into the mix. This is how I have made it;

1 packet of sugar free jelly
250ml boiling water
300g greek yogurt
30g protein powder (I alternated between vanilla and natural)

To make: In a just/bowl add the boiling Water and jelly sachet. Mix until well combined and set aside, just to let it cool for a couple of minutes. In a blender add the yogurt, protein powder and jelly mix. Blitz until smooth.
Pour into ramakins /small bowls and cover, let set in the fridge for at least 3 hours. One large bowl is about 50g protein so it will then just depend on how you portion it out but MyFitnessPal (or similar) can calculate that for you.

I found the above one on Instagram and I am sure you could find similar if you wanted to have a look.

The rest of the time I just had broth, made out of stock cubes with protein powder in it. The liquid phase isn't that bad or too long (if you only have to go through it once, I had to do it three times) so I just had the yogurts. puddings and broth/soup.

Edited by FifiLux

Bone Broth powder into any broth / Soup is a big help. Unsweetened Peanut Butter powder into fat free plain greek yogurt or pudding can give you an extra boost -- or like @FifiLux suggests, make your own pudding-style treat with Jello flavouring and a yogurt base. The sour / tangy taste of plain yogurt can make sweetened powders more palatable, and you can use less than required since you don't really need it for thickening (especially if you start with a greek yogurt base -- very thick already).

Depending on your program, you might be able to have cottage cheese on liquid diet? Mine did, and it was already a great dose of Protein but added a scoop of unflavoured whey and some savory spices was a nice change from faux sweetness.

If you find a clear / Water soluble Protein Powder, you can drink it diluted so it's not as strong and throw in a little squeeze of lemon or lime juice.

V8 / Tomato juice is another good option. I had a rough time mixing unflavoured protein powder into it without clumping, but chicken bone broth powder mixed with a little hot water before adding it to the tomato juice worked well for me.