Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is this normal ? I did also have a hernia . The first photo is two or three days after surgery and the second photo is 5 days after. I thought the bruising would go away but it is getting bigger . My tummy feels tight and full. My family says I am paranoid. Thanks

IMG_9083.jpeg

IMG_9167.jpeg

I am definitely not an expert when it comes to bruises but I know they do change colors. I Just don’t remember if they get darker or larger or what. I can definitely see a difference though. I would personally call my Dr and ask if you can just email them the pictures explaining how it feels as well. I am in the save myself the mental anguish camp. You are paying them after all.

I'd ask if you're worried, but it may just be the blood breaking up or moving around in there. The green/yellow parts are definitely blood breaking down.

Bruises will get bigger at first as the blood comes to the surface, then get smaller as the blood is transformed. Do you usually bruise easily? It may explain why they are larger. That or your surgeon was a bit rough or needed to be a little more forceful manipulating the devices.

I agree with @ShoppGirl suggestion to email the images to your surgeon if you’re concerned. In the mean time try gentle rubbing some arnica or hirudoid cream on the bruises (avoid the wounds).

@Parsons96 Hey lovely. My bruises did get bigger initially and I remember thinking the same thing as you!

Everything is going to feel a bit weird initially after surgery, just remember your body is healing and there is a lot going on inside that we can't see, the bruising is just a reflection of this.

That being said, as others have advised, do talk to your Dr if you are worried, always worth getting that reassurance :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches