Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

13 hours ago, cassysjourney241987 said:

yes, i had mine july 9th and confused and looking for a surgery buddy from month of july near my date

I had revision to traditional duodenal switch on the 11th. I also had hiatal her I repair that was unexpected…..

In a lot of pain still but making it.

21 hours ago, Rosslyn said:

I envy those with limited liquid diets. I've been on mine since this past Thursday and I feel tired today, which I was warned would happen. I haven't enjoyed chicken broth as mush as beef or vegetable. I ended up mixing the vegetable and chicken together and it's pretty good.

What kind of items are you bringing with you to the hospital so far? I hadn't thought about that yet.

I’ve got a list from my surgeon to bring to the hospital, plus what I’ve noted from other bariatric patients. List includes: ID card and insurance, comfortable clothes, shoes that are good for walking, socks, a heating pad, phone and charger, book, dry mouth spray, Water flavor packets, lotion, and lip balm.

On 07/13/2024 at 18:15, Rosslyn said:

I envy those with limited liquid diets. I've been on mine since this past Thursday and I feel tired today, which I was warned would happen. I haven't enjoyed chicken broth as mush as beef or vegetable. I ended up mixing the vegetable and chicken together and it's pretty good.

What kind of items are you bringing with you to the hospital so far? I hadn't thought about that yet.

Other than clean clothes, shoes and identification, I brought headphone to help me relax while I was in pre-op. I was told to not bring anything else.

Costco’s sipping chicken broth was pretty good. I added a little Sriracha and salt and it was good, but I only had to be on a liquid diet for 24 hours.

On 6/9/2024 at 1:52 AM, Zazu_89 said:

I've got mine end of July! How's pre op diet going?

On 6/8/2024 at 5:57 PM, Zazu_89 said:

Haven't seen one for july.

Does anyone else have a July surgery date scheduled?

July 29th for me.

On 6/9/2024 at 3:52 AM, SecretAgentDD said:

Yes! My surgery date is 7/24/24.

Very insightful secretagent. I will adopt some of your points. My surgery is in August

On 6/15/2024 at 1:38 AM, HeatherG5 said:

I am stressing out over preparing for the liquid phase, artificial sweeteners like sucrulose, aspartame and acesulfame trigger Migraines for me. I am waiting on insurance authorization and to be notified of my out of pocket will be. How are ya’ll doing with preop preparation?

Stevia in the raw is the only one I’ve found that doesn’t do this for me!

I am struggling with knowing when to slow down. I am 7 days post op, and I am really struggling with not being where I was activity wise before surgery. When I am walking around, though I might be slow, I am not feeling myself get worn out until I finally sit down, and then I fall asleep so hard, that it is difficult to wake me.

My surgeon is super insistent that I should be back to my regular daily activities, and that I should not be taking frequent rests, but I find that I am just overdoing it. I have 4 kids, oldest is 11 and youngest is almost 3, but I am so drained I don’t know how I am going to manage going back to work 14 days post-op:

On 7/13/2024 at 9:15 PM, Rosslyn said:

Wonton Soup minus the wonton, egg drop soup strained and Japanese house Soups were a GAME changer for me on liquids. I’m on week 3 of 4 (2 weeks prior to surgery and two weeks after surgery) and I couldn’t have done it without those.

1 minute ago, Sami2209 said:

I am struggling with knowing when to slow down. I am 7 days post op, and I am really struggling with not being where I was activity wise before surgery. When I am walking around, though I might be slow, I am not feeling myself get worn out until I finally sit down, and then I fall asleep so hard, that it is difficult to wake me.

My surgeon is super insistent that I should be back to my regular daily activities, and that I should not be taking frequent rests, but I find that I am just overdoing it. I have 4 kids, oldest is 11 and youngest is almost 3, but I am so drained I don’t know how I am going to manage going back to work 14 days post-op:

I have been the SAME way! I’m also 7 days post-op. I’ve heard once we can have purées and get some Protein in, it shifts and we will have more energy.

20 minutes ago, CJPyper said:

I have been the SAME way! I’m also 7 days post-op. I’ve heard once we can have purées and get some Protein in, it shifts and we will have more energy.

I hope so! I feel like a zombie over the most menial tasks. I feel like I’m barely doing anything, and not tired in the moment, but my tank is completely wiped. I have been making sure to have my Protein Drink, plus 2 oz of yogurt for Breakfast, but I’m not noticing any increase in energy.

10 minutes ago, CJPyper said:

I start full liquids tomorrow and cannot wait! I never thought I’d say this, but I’m so ready for purées!

That’s awesome!! I’ve been trying to get in pho broth, since it’s made usually from Bone Broth, but taste better, and adding a dash of Sriracha for added flavor.

6 hours ago, Sami2209 said:

I’m 9 days post op and feel the same

On 07/10/2024 at 23:12, Rosslyn said:

Oh goodness, I would struggle with that diet more than a liquid-only diet. With liquids, it takes away the temptation to have so many things I shouldn't. With a food-limiting diet, the food is there still, waiting for you to break and have a bigger portion. I'm sending all my self-control energies to you!

Actually it’s food specifically designed for this and high in Protein. It’s going great and I’m not really tempted or craving other food really. Maybe it’s just my mindset that I need to do this but either way I’m thankful! I was super worried about it. Also I get to have sugar free Jello so that’s been great!