Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all,

I am struggling with what to eat for the stage 2 diet which is soft/pureed foods. what are some tasty things? fulfilling?

Let me know

Thanks!

deviled eggs, cottage cheese and skinless fruits, Soups that are usually chunky but purreed, greek yogurts, canned chicken or tuna with reduced fat mayo and mustard

I mix can of refried Beans and two cans of chicken, which is softer than regular cooked chicken) and mix it well, then I have meals for several days. I usually microwave have a cup and up with a tablespoon of shredded cheese. I add spices to taste, but nothing too hot. It's my favorite meal. Soooo good. 💕

I liked making a ricotta bake with one small container ricotta cheese mixed with 1-2 eggs and spread in a small baking dish, topped with a jar of marinara (make sure it's not chunky, so put in blender if needed) and a handful of mozzarella cheese. Bake at 350F until the cheese browns. Now that I'm beyond puree stage, I add a bag of frozen chopped spinach (thawed and drained) to the ricotta mix and layer in chicken Italian sausage that I remove from the casing and cook up in a pan first (placed on top of the ricotta and before the sauce). It gives all the satisfaction of a lasagna or Pasta dish without the added carbs, and pairs well with zucchini spirals.

On 6/8/2024 at 9:59 AM, NickelChip said:

I liked making a ricotta bake with one small container ricotta cheese mixed with 1-2 eggs and spread in a small baking dish, topped with a jar of marinara (make sure it's not chunky, so put in blender if needed) and a handful of mozzarella cheese. Bake at 350F until the cheese browns.

Ooo @NickelChip this sounds great! I will be trying it very soon.

Posted (edited)

Pea Soup, re-pureed to a smoother consistency with a dash of parmesan cheese.

I loved putting fat free refried Beans or ricotta cheese into anything I could, but I think I pretty much lived off of cottage cheese. I think I ate it every day, and just stirred in different seasonings (dill with garlic, chili powder, curry powder, rotisserie chicken powder. I even tried dill pickle popcorn seasoning!)

Depending on your program, you might also be able to have certain crackers already -- my team told me saltines or melba toast were good in small doses at this point, eaten slowly and with something wet -- ie. melba toast dipped in hummus.

Edited by JennyBeez