Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Exercises for those who hate exercise?

1 hour ago, ShoppGirl said:

Weird question for you, after you exercise and you hop in the shower do you Shampoo your hair every time or do you just rinse it really well? I know it’s not good to Shampoo it every day but like I said, mine gets pretty sweaty and gross. I’ve been just rinsing it every other day like really really well though and shampooing it in between, but I wanted to ask my dermatologist if that was OK for my scalp and I forgot.

i "co-wash" (wash hair with conditioner and rinse well) at every shower (then apply leave on conditioner after shower).

i wash with volumizing shampoo maybe every 3-4 days. and i'll use clarifying shampoo maybe every 2-3 months (usually just before i henna my hair)

this works for me as i have relatively healthy scalp and hair.

someone with hair that leans oily may find extended co-washing makes their hair look limp and more oily. and someone with a flaky scalp may find the flake build up from not shampooing get kinda ick. in which case maybe shampoo more often?

12 hours ago, SpartanMaker said:

Some that come to mind are Barre, Pilates, TRX, Yoga or any of the various Les Mills Classes like BodyPump, BodyAttack, etc.

further to this, here are some suggestions for more beginner, entry type classes/activities:

- Restorative Yoga (mildest yoga you could do...usually for those coming off injuries, pregnant, older, and Beginners!

- walking club (you can find these on MeetUp or at your local community centre, or running store) ive seen these groups on the street, in the forests, at the mall.

- gardening! fun tidbit: one summer a long time ago, my husband got a manual grass cutter saying we needed to save the planet and get some exercise while we do it. we still use it for fun sometimes when its a nice day and wanna hang out outside longer (cuz it takes forever lol)

- volunteering at a hospital or animal shelter...you will be moving alot plus the added bonus of doing something nice.

it all starts with a start.

good luck!❤️

Edited by ms.sss

8 hours ago, ShoppGirl said:

If I remember correctly, the YMCA is quite a bit cheaper if you can swing the yearly fee.

image.png.0f51709d128ddead72e84adcd9af158f.png

No annual discount available at the YMCA near me.

18 hours ago, SpartanMaker said:

Based on your responses, I'd say the biggest challenge you have is overcoming your expectation that exercise should be fun. Don't get me wrong, it certainly can be fun at times, but that most likely will never be your main motivation for exercise. Frankly sometimes it may even be decidedly "un fun", yet you still CAN do it if you find a way to overcome your "hate". Simply put, you need one or more things that will motivate you that are stronger than the distaste you feel.

I'm not asking for "fun". I'm looking for something tolerable so I will do it. I've tried the classes but around here, you have to be a member of a gym. I can't afford that.

Edited by OndLei

13 hours ago, Lilia_90 said:

Once you commit to a sort of movement daily, it will become a healthy addiction and the feeling that that brings is euphoric, if I say so myself. Just make sure you start easy and build on that.

Several years ago, I was going to a gym 4-5 days a week. Not ONCE did I get that euphoria. I'm glad you do. If I did, it might make it easier to get started.

27 minutes ago, OndLei said:

image.png.0f51709d128ddead72e84adcd9af158f.png

No annual discount available at the YMCA near me.

Did you check your community center. I did some looking around and mine has group fitness classes. Maybe yours does too? If not, I would ask who you talk to in order to request it.