Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So tomorrow is my last day before surgery on Monday at 7:15 in the morning. I am not feeling particularly anxious, but I am. I'm picking at my cuticles and I have a burst blood vessel in one eye, which my sister (a doctor) says can be caused by stress. How about that, stress makes your eyeballs bleed! Also, when I went to the hairdresser the other day, I tried to lock the door of my car and it beeped because my keys were still in the ignition (thank God it does that or I'd have locked myself out several times). So I went to pull the key out and realized the engine was still running! That's a total stress move, and something I've never done.

So did anyone else find that the liver shrink diet was horribly constipating? Good grief! Glad that's over (clear liquids now till surgery).

My husband and I cleaned the hell out of our house today. He's having prostate surgery on the 21st, so neither of us are going to be up for cleaning for a while. I also organized my meds. I'm glad I did, because I realized that I didn't get the Protonix I am supposed to take. They apparently didn't call it in. Not a big deal, but because it's Saturday, I'm going to have to ask my surgeon to order it at the hospital and have my husband pick it up.

Just now, I ordered a big supply of Clear Liquids for when I get home. I keep asking myself, "Are you SURE? This is permanent, you will never be able to blah blah blah again." But then I think it through and the math always comes up yes.

8 hours ago, AndreaJD said:

I'll say that I am going to the MultiCare Center for Weight Loss and Wellness. Or I'm doing medically supervised weight loss.

@AndreaJD - Wait-wait-wait. I think we're both going to the same clinic! I'm getting my surgery at Allenmore with Dr. Blair, through Multicare.

Good luck on your surgery!

My date is on the 14th! Gastric bypass! Current wait 109 kg 240 lbs

So nervous and excited!

Reading through some of the posts (it's a lot and I'm new, I'll get them all eventually), it seems a lot of you knew for a couple of months or more that you were having your surgery in August. I'm a little jealous of that ability to plan ahead lol! I went for my follow-up appointment during the first week of August, and then they were like, "You're doing great! How about August 16th?"

I'm nervously excited about it. Part of me wishes I had more time to truly get everything prepared, since I work 3 jobs. But I'm also ready to fully be on the path to a healthier me. I've been listening to audiobooks and podcasts to try to mentally prepare me for this, and to also be prepared for if there are complications.

SW: 350
CW: 322

Hey guys, sorry I haven’t been too active. Had a rough few days. Not sure if the majority of my pain was the fact that they ended up taking my gallbladder too or just because I couldn’t pass gas for 4 days!! I did a couple little ones yesterday and a few belches which did help some but this morning I had several good ones that were life changing. 🤣. I am home now and loving being in my own bed. Though it is a bit harder to get in and out of. It’s adjustable but I got used to pushing off of the bed rails being in hosptial for. 5’days. Anyways. Just wanted to check in. Still no regrets. Looking forward to continued loss.

Posted (edited)

9 minutes ago, draikaina8503 said:

Reading through some of the posts (it's a lot and I'm new, I'll get them all eventually), it seems a lot of you knew for a couple of months or more that you were having your surgery in August. I'm a little jealous of that ability to plan ahead lol! I went for my follow-up appointment during the first week of August, and then they were like, "You're doing great! How about August 16th?"

I'm nervously excited about it. Part of me wishes I had more time to truly get everything prepared, since I work 3 jobs. But I'm also ready to fully be on the path to a healthier me. I've been listening to audiobooks and podcasts to try to mentally prepare me for this, and to also be prepared for if there are complications.

SW: 350
CW: 322

Honestly if you are sure you want the surgery there isn’t much to do to prepare. You need to find a couple of Protein Shakes that you like and buy a few. Ideally not too many because some peoples tastes change. You may be allowed some yogurt or pudding and cream Soups. They can be bought ahead as well. As long as you have someone who can to the store for you. You should be good with that. Do any preop labs or tests they requires and get your house as organized as possible for when you come home. Everything doesn’t have to be out. Just at counter height. They want you to walk every hour when you come home anyways so it’s good to have some stuff to do. The longer you have to wait the longer you have to second guess things.

Edited by ShoppGirl

6 hours ago, Singingbarista said:

@AndreaJD - Wait-wait-wait. I think we're both going to the same clinic! I'm getting my surgery at Allenmore with Dr. Blair, through Multicare.

Good luck on your surgery!

@Singingbarista, yes!!! I'm getting mine at Allenmore with Dr. Sebesta. That's awesome. I have really felt like the clinic has their program together. And I met Dr. Blair when Dr. Sebesta was out with shoulder surgery. Dr. Blair is an absolute doll. Maybe we'll meet at one of their support groups or something. :)

1 hour ago, Farhad said:

Hi people! I just got done with my surgery like 4 days ago. I got a gastric sleeve done. I’m pretty excited to finally have some food after 2 weeks of this liquid diet. I’ll be able to have some yogurt in 2 days.

Hi, @Farhad! Congrats on having your surgery. I definitely hear you on the food. I'm on my liver-shrink diet still and I cannot wait for some salad with low-fat dressing rather than balsamic vinegar or lemon juice and cider vinegar. (After my Protein, of course...) The other thing I've been missing is fruit. I know I have a long way to go before I will be eating salad or fruit, but those are the two things I've been missing. My surgery is tomorrow! Eek! 24 hours from now I'll be back in my room afterward.

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, Justarwaxx said:

My date is on the 14th! Gastric bypass! Current wait 109 kg 240 lbs

So nervous and excited!

Hi, @Justarwaxx! I'll be only 2 days ahead of you, so we'll be going through this together. I'm nervous and excited, too. Looking forward to being all recovered and starting my new, active lifestyle. Looking forward to not constantly thinking about what I can wear to try to disguise my weight and what people are thinking. I will miss food as a coping and comfort mechanism, but my husband and I are slowly learning how to cook healthy, unprocessed meals. I'm looking at it as an adventure of discovery - what new foods, spices, and ways to prepare them can I discover?

I know the next couple weeks will be rough, and the next 3 months will be a marathon slog. I'm ready to tough it out - eyes on the prize!

Edited by AndreaJD

3 hours ago, ShoppGirl said:

Hey guys, sorry I haven’t been too active. Had a rough few days. Not sure if the majority of my pain was the fact that they ended up taking my gallbladder too or just because I couldn’t pass gas for 4 days!! I did a couple little ones yesterday and a few belches which did help some but this morning I had several good ones that were life changing. 🤣. I am home now and loving being in my own bed. Though it is a bit harder to get in and out of. It’s adjustable but I got used to pushing off of the bed rails being in hosptial for. 5’days. Anyways. Just wanted to check in. Still no regrets. Looking forward to continued loss.

Sorry about your pain, @ShoppGirl. I'm thrilled for you that you had a few life-changing, uh... toots. That must have been such a relief! Hope you just keep getting better and better.

2 hours ago, AndreaJD said:

Sorry about your pain, @ShoppGirl. I'm thrilled for you that you had a few life-changing, uh... toots. That must have been such a relief! Hope you just keep getting better and better.

You know we laugh cause what else can you do but I’m telling you if you have to pass gas while you’re in there I don’t care who is in the room let it go. Explain later but omg I was on oxy and morphine and literally in tears one night because the pain was so bad. Passes a few good toots and they cut the oxy way back and took me off the morphine. I still have the actual surgical pain that everyone has now but with the normal post op pain meds it’s manageable. Before that I wasn’t sure how I could ever go home.

@AndreaJD your advice about the weight loss discussion with others is great! I’m definitely using that one and thank you!! Good luck on your surgery tomorrow, like you said, eyes on the prize!

@Justarwaxx mine is on the 14th too!! Are you doing the Gastric Bypass as well?

I’ve been told I’ll only be in the hospital 1 night… we shall see. Omg, my husband ate pizza for dinner… he was at least nice enough to eat it in another room, but still… i could almost kill for a piece. But again, eyes on the prize. I keep having to remind myself. 2 more days of this and then my life is changing.
All our lives are changing for the better, which makes it worth it.

You guys stay strong and good luck this week, I know a lot of us are on the roster this week. Be strong and positive vibes everyone!!
I look forward to hearing from everyone after their surgery, keep us updated!!

@AndreaJD I hear you on the fruit. I brought a couple of amazingly ripe mangoes to make a smoothie with as a sort of food funeral before my liquid diet began but I completely forgot about them till the diet began and I had to watch my family eat it through pain and tears!

Good luck on your surgery! Wishing you best!

I will definitely be reading through all the convo later today. Now I'm waiting for my pre-op appointment. And the autiDHD that is me doesn't know whether to bounce in place, pace the floor, tap my foot... The need to stim from excitement and nervousness is real!