Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 hour ago, Justarwaxx said:

Hey everyone! I wanted to share a few updates as I approach my 2-month post-op milestone.

I missed my period in September, but I think it’s finally here today. It’s still a bit uncertain, but I’m starting to wonder if this is connected to my weight loss journey.

Yesterday, I did my first aerobics class—LBT (legs, bum, and tums)! It was a fantastic workout, even though I was the slowest in the class. The trainer was super supportive, giving me different modifications to make things manageable. My knees were definitely feeling it, but I can't wait for the day I can work out without pain. Today, I'm planning to try aqua aerobics unless my period decides to make a dramatic appearance (fingers crossed it doesn’t!).

I’m really excited for my 2-month post-op appointment at the obesity center. I’ve been taking pictures of all my meals, and I’m looking forward to getting some feedback on my food choices and progress.

Thanks for reading, and let’s keep pushing forward! 😊

Good for you, that LBT workout sounds like it’s would KICK MY BUM!! I’m quickly learning in the fitness world that is considered a good thing, lol. I have a flier for a group fitness class that I was warned as a beginner would kick my butt too but the instructor said I’m welcome to come and do what I can. I still have that darn blister so I’ve stuck to my walking and yoga for this week because I know that sneakers will just aggravate it. I love that your instructor was able to give you modifications. That’s awesome.

i feel the same way with the yoga. I told my husband that right now I’m not very good at all but I can already tell that it is going to help me tremendously and I can’t wait until I am able to do a bit more of the poses and be a little less clumsy going from one to the next. We will get there. The important thing for now is that whether we are in step with the rest of them or how, we are moving our bodies. Just moving is good for weight loss and cardio.

If I had to guess I would say that the period thing is related to your surgery. It makes a lot of changes and hormones are not left out but if it’s possible you’re pregnant, I would do a test just in case. The surgery and the weight loss do also cause you to be more likely to get pregnant. There are a handful of women on here who got pregnant pretty early out.

Well, I really hope you do get to try your Water aerobics class today, that sounds like alot of fun.

14 minutes ago, ShoppGirl said:

Good for you, that LBT workout sounds like it’s would KICK MY BUM!! I’m quickly learning in the fitness world that is considered a good thing, lol. I have a flier for a group fitness class that I was warned as a beginner would kick my butt too but the instructor said I’m welcome to come and do what I can. I still have that darn blister so I’ve stuck to my walking and yoga for this week because I know that sneakers will just aggravate it. I love that your instructor was able to give you modifications. That’s awesome.

i feel the same way with the yoga. I told my husband that right now I’m not very good at all but I can already tell that it is going to help me tremendously and I can’t wait until I am able to do a bit more of the poses and be a little less clumsy going from one to the next. We will get there. The important thing for now is that whether we are in step with the rest of them or how, we are moving our bodies. Just moving is good for weight loss and cardio.

If I had to guess I would say that the period thing is related to your surgery. It makes a lot of changes and hormones are not left out but if it’s possible you’re pregnant, I would do a test just in case. The surgery and the weight loss do also cause you to be more likely to get pregnant. There are a handful of women on here who got pregnant pretty early out.

Well, I really hope you do get to try your Water aerobics class today, that sounds like alot of fun.

Thanks! Haha, yeah, that LBT workout does kick my bum, but like you said, in the fitness world, that’s a good thing! 😅 Your group fitness class sounds like it will be a great challenge too, but it’s awesome that the instructor is so welcoming and encouraging. You’ll be surprised how much you can do! The blister sounds annoying though, sticking to walking and yoga is a smart move until it heals up. I’ve been thinking about trying yoga myself, but I know I’m so stiff! Still, it seems like a great way to get more flexible and improve balance over time.

As for the pregnancy thing, oh my gosh, you made me freak out for a second! 😳 I really don’t think it’s that because I’ve seen signs of my period, but still, please no! 😅 You’re right about the surgery affecting everything, including hormones. I think it’s just part of the whole adjustment process. Hopefully, it will all settle soon.

15 minutes ago, Justarwaxx said:

Thanks! Haha, yeah, that LBT workout does kick my bum, but like you said, in the fitness world, that’s a good thing! 😅 Your group fitness class sounds like it will be a great challenge too, but it’s awesome that the instructor is so welcoming and encouraging. You’ll be surprised how much you can do! The blister sounds annoying though, sticking to walking and yoga is a smart move until it heals up. I’ve been thinking about trying yoga myself, but I know I’m so stiff! Still, it seems like a great way to get more flexible and improve balance over time.

As for the pregnancy thing, oh my gosh, you made me freak out for a second! 😳 I really don’t think it’s that because I’ve seen signs of my period, but still, please no! 😅 You’re right about the surgery affecting everything, including hormones. I think it’s just part of the whole adjustment process. Hopefully, it will all settle soon.

Sorry, didn’t mean to make you panic about pregnancy. It’s probably not that but just be conscious that it’s a possibility.

Funny you mentioned balance. The first day we didn’t do nearly as much with balance as we did yesterday. I guess she switches it up a bit. First day we did work with rollers but yesterday we did all this balancing on one foot and then doing different poses while balancing. I was a mess falling all over the place, but I kept trying. I told her afterwards that I have lost 45 pounds recently so my body is not only bigger and having a hard time balancing but also adjusting to a big change. I said do just ignore me falling all over the place, I will get there. She chuckled and said I was doing fine. She reminded me that most of the other women in my class have been there for over a year. Some did yoga and law here before that and I was only on day two. Sometimes I get a little over zealous.

I am just so incredibly proud of us for just doing these things anyways. The only way to get good at anything is to first get started. I have always been so embarrassed to not be good at something but this time I just don’t care. I am going to do it and I am going to get good, or at least skinny to the point that I look cute trying 😉

Edited by ShoppGirl

Hi all,

I had revision from sleeve to bypass on August 26th (5 weeks ago), the surgery itself went well, no complications or issues (so far - touch wood!), but I do have a few side effects that I'm concerned about. I had the revision to fix the severe acid reflux/GERD that I was dealing with from the sleeve and to repair a hiatal hernia - the acid is gone!! (I'm so happy about that!) - but, in its place I am now dealing with Constipation (with crippling pain), constant stomach cramping (and gurgling, so much gurgling!), and terrible nausea (making it hard to consume anything, but especially hard to drink any Protein Drinks or zero sugar drinks).

Per my surgeon I am taking a stool softener 3 times per day, plus drinking Smooth Move tea at night before bed, and they have me on Zofran to help with the nausea.

TMI - my stools went from an olive green, almost clay-like consistency, to a pale beige that floats (in a matter of a few days - keep in mind that in the last 5 weeks I've had maybe 4 or 5 bowel movements). I can eat some food (I'm on week 2 of the soft portion of the post-op diet) without needing Zofran, but if I want to have any Protein drinks I HAVE to have the Zofran.

I feel so disheartened. I feel like I traded one problem for another, even though I know in my heart and my head that things will get better and I will find a good balance, I'm really struggling. I started back to work yesterday and I find myself disinterested in being out in the workforce anymore (I'm 53, way too early to retire), I just want to be at home in my bed cuddling my pets in an almost constant state of near-crying. I am on antidepressants, I don't feel like the surgery has affected the medications in anyway, overall I feel good mentally, I'm just not used to struggling this much physically and I'm at a loss as to what to do. I've been in near-daily contact with the surgeon's office and they are super supportive and have been trying to work with me, but I don't want to become "that patient" that sucks up all of their time and patience because "my tummy doesn't feel good". LOL You know what I mean?

Anyway - not sure if I'm just looking to vent or looking for suggestions or what, I think I just needed to be able to say it all out loud because I can't have these convos with my family or friends without sounding like a constant whiner. LOL

Thanks,

Christine