Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On 9/25/2024 at 11:27 AM, ShoppGirl said:

Do you supplement with Protein Shakes or Protein waters. The waters were my go to to reach my goal that early out. Another thing is the drinkable yogurts. I have all three on hand in case I’m low on protein through my meals. If so, I have one as a snack. I have actually made the drinkable yogurt myself with a regular yogurt and almond milk and a little fruit in a blender. Mine actually taste better.

I will add Protein Powder to my Greek yogurt some times or will make a protein smoothie myself to drink as a snack, but I got burned out on the premade Protein Drinks during my liquid phase and pretty much have not been able to stomach one since.

I do love protein Water though and that helps. I think I’m averaging 60-80 grams a day, but I feel like the goal they gave me is unattainable right now.

I should be moving to soft food soon and then I think it will help with I can include tuna and chicken.

2 hours ago, Chatterboxdea said:

I will add Protein Powder to my Greek yogurt some times or will make a Protein smoothie myself to drink as a snack, but I got burned out on the premade Protein Drinks during my liquid phase and pretty much have not been able to stomach one since.

I do love protein Water though and that helps. I think I’m averaging 60-80 grams a day, but I feel like the goal they gave me is unattainable right now.

I should be moving to soft food soon and then I think it will help with I can include tuna and chicken.

I have not mastered the adding of Protein Powder to other foods. I tried to mix Isopure in my Soup last week and it got weird. Luckily I've been hitting my protein goals with food but I do supplement one Fairlife a day just to give m that extra 30g.

When you get to soft food, chicken salad is a game changer. I was eating it at least once a day. Now that I'm on regular foods, I love those snack packs that are like adult lunchables. My starting goal was 64oz of protein and between the waters and Fairlife I was able to hit it pretty consistently.

I haven't checked in in a while. I got super busy with haunt season starting and getting into the groove of working weekends. So far, everything has been going well. I haven't had any dumping, overeating, etc. I'm on regular diet now with a daily goal of 64oz of Protein but I blow through that and usually hit over 100. I am still supplementing with a Fairlife either for Breakfast or a snack before going to the gym.

Last night was my first time eating out out (I've done Sunday breakfast but it's always an egg). We went to BJs and it's crazy how hyperaware you become of portions. In the past, we would get an app, entree, and dessert. My kids are having "sympathy pains" and have started eating smaller portions so we only got Entrees. In the past, I would have gotten a burger or sandwich with fries and eaten the whole thing. I ended up getting a chicken breast dish and brought enough home to have lunch for the next two days.

The weight loss has been up and down since I weigh daily right now. I won't say I've stalled because if I just looked at my Monday entries, it shows a consistent loss. This week is the first week that people have noticed and I can see a difference when I look in the mirror.

I donated almost half my closet of size 18/20 items that were just too big. I'm in a size 16, almost a 14 and I went from a 2XL shirt to a large.

5 hours ago, Chatterboxdea said:

I will add Protein Powder to my Greek yogurt some times or will make a Protein smoothie myself to drink as a snack, but I got burned out on the premade Protein Drinks during my liquid phase and pretty much have not been able to stomach one since.

I got really sick of the Protein Shakes too actually after my sleep surgery, one thing that helps if you like coffee is to use coffee to cut the sweetness, either hot or cold. I like it cold and I mix one caramel Protein Shake in a tall Tervis cup and fill the rest of the way with cold coffee and it’s pretty good. I actually learned about this after my sleeve, and even though all of my other habits went out the window that was something I was still doing before my revision because it actually tasted so good.