Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Ladies,

quick question, is everyone sleeping ok? I havent been sleeping well at all and i read that its normal? like my eyes is wide open and when i wake up during the night, its like i wasnt asleep at all.

5 hours ago, Justarwaxx said:

Hi Ladies,

quick question, is everyone sleeping ok? I havent been sleeping well at all and i read that its normal? like my eyes is wide open and when i wake up during the night, its like i wasnt asleep at all.

I have actually been sleeping better. I think it’s because of the exercise BUt, my sleep schedule is off. I stay up later and sleep in ever since the surgery. If I wake up early I have to take a nap. If you are prone to tossing and turning a lot during the night I could see where you may be moving in a few at that hurts a bit and wakes you up though??

Edited by ShoppGirl

I forget who it was that said that they have an incision that’s dented in but their surgeon said it will work its way out but has it? Mine is still dented and it’s almost been a month. 😢

13 hours ago, ShoppGirl said:

I have actually been sleeping better. I think it’s because of the exercise BUt, my sleep schedule is off. I stay up later and sleep in ever since the surgery. If I wake up early I have to take a nap. If you are prone to tossing and turning a lot during the night I could see where you may be moving in a few at that hurts a bit and wakes you up though??

Not at all. I just can't sleep! But I did sleep well yesterday yay. My husband says becauae my body is hungry? Ahh I guess I am just getting to know my body from zero. I need to get nack to my walks. I think it will help for sure

12 hours ago, ShoppGirl said:

I forget who it was that said that they have an incision that’s dented in but their surgeon said it will work its way out but has it? Mine is still dented and it’s almost been a month. 😢

Did u speak to ur doc? Does it hurt?

5 hours ago, Justarwaxx said:

Not at all. I just can't sleep! But I did sleep well yesterday yay. My husband says becauae my body is hungry? Ahh I guess I am just getting to know my body from zero. I need to get nack to my walks. I think it will help for sure

Well if your not healed enough don’t do it too soon and when you do start, start out way less time and speed than before. I started with 30 minutes but it was slow and I just went down to the end of the street and back a couple of times so that if it hurt I could stop sooner. Even last night I did an hour but I just went around the block a few times so if I was ready to quit earlier I wouldn’t be far from home. Glad to hear you finally got a good nights sleep though. Lack of sleep can definitely take a toll on you and it makes me feel pretty bad all day.

4 hours ago, Justarwaxx said:

Did u speak to ur doc? Does it hurt?

Well I showed the NP (nurse practitioner) last week and she said she isn’t concerned yet because I still have swelling but the steri strip was still on it and it didn’t look as bad as it does now (to me at least). I have another appointment Monday so I will show her again. It is on my right side and that’s where I get pain when I get it. It’s not really bad pain it’s just not like the left side where I have no pain. So I really don’t know. I am hoping that maybe the stitches are just too tight and when they dissolve it may go back to normal.

My book for soft foods say 1/2 to 3/4 cups of food but to stop when you feel full. Which I’m guessing you guys are getting sick of my saying but they didn’t operate on my stomach so I don’t feel full on these small servings. I made an omelette though with 3 eggs, 1/2 cup veggies and 1/3 cup shredded reduced fat cheese and I put it in the measuring cup to see and half fit in the cup. That is actually a lot more food than I thought and I’m kinda scared to eat that much before I’m healed.

On 09/02/2024 at 20:14, Greekmom4 said:

Hello everyone,

Saturday was my birthday and I went with my daughter to McAllister’s Deli. I ordered a cup of chili as it seemed to have the best overall nutrition. I ate about 1/4 cup and took the rest home. The family really wanted to do a cake for me so hubby bought sugar free cake mix and frosting and made it. I only had 2 small bites. Just enough to say I participated. Haha

Honestly I really did not miss eating a big piece of cake and ice cream. I much prefer my sugar free fruit popsicles now.

Tuesday makes 4 weeks (28days) post-op for me. My energy level is getting better and I can walk up the stairs one foot per step. Before I had to do both feet per step and then up the next one. I can tell my breasts and a little smaller and my stomach seems a bit smaller also. I am down 20 pounds and very happy about that.

I’m on soft food for another 2 weeks and my dietician did not mention increasing my portions from 1/4cup to 1/2 cup. However when I read the sample menu she gave me it does show going up to 1/2 cup per meal. Personally, I can only eat just over 1/4 cup at a time still. I know that makes it tricky with tracking meals.

Tracking meals: who all is doing this? It keeps me so honest for myself. I do so much better when I track. I bought a food journal on Amazon and log my daily weight and everything I eat or drink, along with anything notable for the day.

Hey there, I know exactly how you feel! But before I forget, happy birthday mine was a few weeks ago and pretty much did the same thing with the cake lol. I can only eat about 2 to 3 ounces. And I’m not gonna force my stomach to eat more. I used to love MyFitnessPal, but my nutritionist has recommended an app called ate. So I’ve been using that for now.

Well tonight I had the foamies for the first time. Hoping it’s the last time. I made salmon salad and I guess I ate it too quickly and my chest hurt so bad, I was sneezing bad, and coughed up white foam. It was so bad.

@ShoppGirl I was the one with the “dented” incision. It is a little better but not by much.

11 minutes ago, Greekmom4 said:

Well tonight I had the foamies for the first time. Hoping it’s the last time. I made salmon salad and I guess I ate it too quickly and my chest hurt so bad, I was sneezing bad, and coughed up white foam. It was so bad.

@ShoppGirl I was the one with the “dented” incision. It is a little better but not by much.

Hummm. I’m really hoping they do will go away for us both. I would’ve thought with weight loss they would be less obvious too but mine is still pretty noticeable. Ooh well, I guess in the whole scheme of things it’s not the end of the world if it’s just cosmetic. I’m really sorry to hear that you got the foamies. Fingers crossed I’ve never had that. I hope you can avoid it from now on. Sounds like it’s not fun at all.

On 9/3/2024 at 8:44 AM, Justarwaxx said:

Hi Ladies,

Some nights I definitely struggle. I have been pretty low on energy; I'm usually getting my Protein and am taking all of my Vitamins. I know that my goal of 64 oz a day of fluids has been flagging, though, honestly.

I'm drinking a lot of Gatorade zero but plain Water has not been tasting good, even filtered, unless it is REALLY cold. I mean, from a bottle in the fridge then poured over ice. I feel like it got harder as I moved into phase 3 of trying to eat more real food as opposed to drinking most of my meals.

I do know that I was told to expect different back pain as I lost weight, and I feel like maybe the magnesium has activated my digestion so much that it sometimes keeps me awake? It isn't really pain, but more like gas pressure. Not sure if that part is SADI exclusive.

Sorry I've been so silent lately, I have been skimming and still hope to respond to a few more posts.

@Hiddenroses I also struggle with getting enough fluids in a day. I sometimes feel sick as if I am too full of liquid. I have found that chicken gets me to my Protein goal bette than beef. Not sure why but it does. I am also still on eating 1/4-1/3 cup at a meal.
Be careful with drinking so much Gatorade, it causes Water retention. It may seem as if you are not losing weight as quickly. My doctor said to limit to 12 ounces in a day.

As for sleep, I always sleep badly. I am very restless and wake multiple times a night. Been married 22 years and my hubby says I have always been like that. I am just happy now that I can sleep without being propped up with pillows to keep me comfy. Looking forward to when I can sleep on my stomach again. lol

On 6/10/2024 at 2:48 AM, BigDane said:

Hi, I'm also August. Just got my date 5th of August!
I'm looking so much forward to having it!

Also in on my pre-op diet, need to be at 133.2kg before my surgery.

hi,how did your surgery go ? hope you are doing great

On 9/3/2024 at 8:44 AM, Justarwaxx said:

Hi Ladies,

I am one week post op and I am struggling to sleep. I am normally a side sleeper so I think a lot of it is having to sleep on my back… and in socks, which I hate!

Im doing good getting the fluids I need but I nervous to go back to work next week, because I feel like it will decrease. My biggest issues is that I’m so tired of the after taste of Protein drinks! It makes me not want to drink any!