Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

16 minutes ago, Justarwaxx said:

Ahhh is anyone eating too fast during pureed phase and then suffer right after 🥲🥲🥲 because it's so easy to eat so I just swallow then it punishes me EVERY TIME. Do I even lear

Is it the speed or the size of your bites? I take smaller bites now anyways because I had the sleeve already but i do have to work on the speed again this time. Some people say for bite slze that a baby spoon helps. For speed if you have a clock with a second hand try sitting by that and just “chew” your food until that Second hand reaches the 12 before you swallow. It’s one of the hardest parts for many people, honestly. It will become more natural after a while though. My bites got a little bigger and speed a little faster over time. But even at 3.5 years later it was nothing like it used to be.

3 hours ago, Justarwaxx said:

Ahhh is anyone eating too fast during pureed phase and then suffer right after 🥲🥲🥲 because it's so easy to eat so I just swallow then it punishes me EVERY TIME. Do I even lear

I am on the pureed stage too, and it is very easy to fall into that trap. I make myself take an hour to eat my 'meal' so that I don't feel punished.

Here's another link for recipes for those who are needing more things in their diets:

https://www.bariatricfoodcoach.com/weight-loss-surgery-recipes/

08/30/2024 10:12 PM, draikaina8503 said:

Wow you have progressed so quickly. I know each plan is different but holy cow that's so fast! "General food time" for me isn't until 6 months post-op. Congrats to you!

Definitely listening to your body is the important thing going forward. I'm in the puree stage, but I'm sticking more to the liquids at this point because I'm nervous about the fact that I'm still not getting full signals. So I really don't want to push myself too much.

Thank you so much yes under my plan after 30 days I can start moving to a “general diet”. It’s still limited, of course. But I’m definitely feeling more comfortable staying in the soft food stage. I understand I extended my liquid as well until I felt comfortable. So I found that I feel like a pressure in the middle of my chest when I’m full.  Also weighing my food has helped me find where my limit is. Maybe that will help you out. The cues are completely different for all of us.

21 minutes ago, draikaina8503 said:

Here's another link for recipes for those who are needing more things in their diets:

https://www.bariatricfoodcoach.com/weight-loss-surgery-recipes/

Man they are good. They give you some of the recipes but taunt you with others. A couple I clicked opened, then two said I have to join to get access to that recipe. Cool site though. I may even end up joining.

On 08/30/2024 at 22:37, ShoppGirl said:

I was talking about the supplement but since you are the second person to mention the spice I think I am just going to try that route. Thanks. 😊

I would highly recommend to use it as a spice. There are some wonderful recipes that you can find that will have it. I’m not sure if you’ve ever tried tofu but tofu scrambled with turmeric is very very popular. Good luck and I hope you find a delicious meal.!! 🥘

08/30/2024 10:40 PM, ShoppGirl said:

Well the lunch stuff I have already had in purée stage so it’s just the dinners that are new foods for me. But the more I thought about it it will be alot of wasted food since I am eating just a tiny bit and my husband won’t eat half of it. I think I am going to spread it out and use have leftovers for lunch instead of the other stuff.

Yeah, I only mentioned it because I was so excited to move into the purée stage and ended up throwing out a lot of food because I’m not a big fan of leftovers although I did my best. And it’s really hard for me to throw out food. I felt so bad I got over it of course. But as a warning, at least what I found for me is that I overdid it and ended up throwing out more food that my stomach didn’t really like that I thought I would.

On 08/30/2024 at 23:08, ShoppGirl said:

Hello everyone. I hope you all are having a more exciting kickoff to your holiday weekend than I am. (Hubby had to work half the night so I’m just here watching TV. I had two things I wanted to post but now I’m only remembering one for some reason.

The first was my annoying stitch. Yes. I have this one stitch at the end of an incision that is sticking straight up and every-time my arm brushes across it the incision feels like it’s being pulled. Been driving me nuts for three days since the steri strip came off. Well I finally came up with a solution. Two shirts. It doesn’t poke through the second shirt so when brush past it doesn’t snag it. Not sure how common it is but just in case there it is.

Ooh my second thing. Motivation for exercise. My good friend that lives in another city came up with a great idea to motivate us both to exercise. We are going to do it together. But instead of driving an hour each was everyday we are just going to walk at the same time and talk on the phone while we do it. We are starting tomorrow night. Just thought I would share in case that idea works for someone else.

i hope everyone has a good night.

Congratulations having an exercise buddy will definitely help. Keep you accountable.!

On 08/31/2024 at 09:15, Theweightisover2024🙌💪 said:

Well surgery was a success on the 26th!! I'm 5 days post op today! I just want to say that head hunger is a real thing, how did u guys get past this stage?? I have been on liquids since the 23rd and it's been a struggle for real, I thought after it would be easier because I don't actually feel hungry but physically I don't feel hungry it's just the mental aspect that gets me... I'm ready for these few weeks to fly by so I can begin to eat regularly again.

Congratulations on your surgery! For me, the liquid stage after surgery was the hardest. I had a lot of ups and downs, head, hunger plenty of it. The only thing that I got through with it was time. Distract yourself with something else or start looking forward to the foods you can eat when you can. You have to find what works for you.. but hang in there you’re going through the hardest part.

On 08/31/2024 at 11:43, Justarwaxx said:

Yes! So I would use disposable 2 ounce cups to help me and I also have baby spoons. But I find that it’s easy to eat fast purée. And next thing you know you’re at your limit. 100% understand

The nutrition coach on that site that @Onemealplan just posted said that she coaches her patients to take two bites of their Protein for every one bite of whatever else. I thought that’s kinda a good idea to get into the habit of for when we aren’t at home and can’t easily measure.

11 minutes ago, Onemealplan said:

Yeah, I only mentioned it because I was so excited to move into the purée stage and ended up throwing out a lot of food because I’m not a big fan of leftovers although I did my best. And it’s really hard for me to throw out food. I felt so bad I got over it of course. But as a warning, at least what I found for me is that I overdid it and ended up throwing out more food that my stomach didn’t really like that I thought I would.

No I appreciated your helping me rein myself in. 😂 I think I’m just so excited to be moving to Soft food I want to try everything like now. .

Got my new Walking Shoes today and they are really cute and Super comfy. I’m pretty excited that I did my first big walk tonight. I was a little nervous about how I’m going to look all sweaty and gross walking around the neighborhood but I’ve decided that’s something I’m just going to have to get past somehow and I did it. This is for me not anyone else. I only went 30 minutes and it wasn’t super fast. According to my watch it was 1.26 miles but so far I’m not hurting!! I haven’t walked around the neighborhood in so many years so this is a pretty huge thing for me. When I had my sleeve I did the treadmill and that got boring so it didn’t stick. I’m hoping that this is something that I will keep up and maybe it can lead to biking or something else eventually.

Another good tip on that site is to season two pieces of meat differently and cook them together so the leftovers will be different. Thought that was a pretty good tip too. Honestly not sure why I never thought of it.

@Onemealplan I just want to thank you again for that site. So many of the recipes sound really good. And to unlock the recipes that aren’t available to be a member it’s not astronomical. Cheaper than the dieticians I have seen that didn’t give me anything in terms of food ideas beyond the purée stage.