Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On 08/30/2024 at 10:05, Pepper_No_Salt said:

Happy Friday everyone! I had my 2 week follow-up with my dietitian yesterday and got my diet progression schedule! I'm officially on mashable right now. I meal-prepped some ricotta bakes and refried Beans last night. I get to have eggs which I'm excited about. In two weeks I go to soft and two weeks after that I move to solids and adding meat back in. No bread/rice/pasta/alcohol for 6 months. I also got to start my Vitamins which should help with my energy levels.

The only thing I need to work on right now is upping my Water intake and getting back into walking. I was going to the gym consistently before my surgery but I've just been so tired it's been hard to get on the treadmill.

Congratulations!🎉🎊 small 15 min at a time. You’ll be back at it in no time.

Hi everyone! I’ll be officially one month tomorrow!! I’m so excited! So even though it’s “general food time” I’m still sticking to soft for now. I’m still about 2-3 oz per meal every 3 hrs. I figured it’s best to take it slow and hear out my body that rush this journey. I can finally intake a liter of water! It’s been great 😊 going back to the gym feeling so light. I’m already starting to feel small in some of the clothes I wear. I hope everyone is have excellent progress and feeling better and better!

34 minutes ago, Onemealplan said:

Hi everyone! I’ll be officially one month tomorrow!! I’m so excited! So even though it’s “general food time” I’m still sticking to soft for now. I’m still about 2-3 oz per meal every 3 hrs. I figured it’s best to take it slow and hear out my body that rush this journey. I can finally intake a liter of water! It’s been great 😊 going back to the gym feeling so light. I’m already starting to feel small in some of the clothes I wear. I hope everyone is have excellent progress and feeling better and better!

Wow you have progressed so quickly. I know each plan is different but holy cow that's so fast! "General food time" for me isn't until 6 months post-op. Congrats to you!

Definitely listening to your body is the important thing going forward. I'm in the puree stage, but I'm sticking more to the liquids at this point because I'm nervous about the fact that I'm still not getting full signals. So I really don't want to push myself too much.

1 hour ago, Onemealplan said:

Yep! It’s great! I use it for scrambled tofu or when I cook vegetarian dishes. It’s not a spicy spice and adds great color and flavor.

I was talking about the supplement but since you are the second person to mention the spice I think I am just going to try that route. Thanks. 😊

Posted (edited)

Oh wow ! That’s a lot of different foods for one week. My advice would be to spread it o out a bit. Congratulations on your purée journey.

Well the lunch stuff I have already had in purée stage so it’s just the dinners that are new foods for me. But the more I thought about it it will be alot of wasted food since I am eating just a tiny bit and my husband won’t eat half of it. I think I am going to spread it out and use have leftovers for lunch instead of the other stuff.

Edited by ShoppGirl

56 minutes ago, Onemealplan said:

If you’re looking for recipes, these two books are great 😊 They have motivational stories and calendar food ideas.

image-0.0020265579223632812.jpg

Oh good. I ordered one from Amazon and only like a quarter of the book is recipes and there aren’t any pictures. The first theee parts is all about the surgery and the stages and stuff we would only want to learn from our doctors. Not a chef. Lol

Are you just doing the treadmill at the gym? If not you may want to double check with your team. I am not cleared for ten gym till 6 weeks. 8 weeks for anything with weights. I am absolutely thrilled for you that you are feeling so good. I Just don’t want you to hurt yourself because of something you didn’t know.

Hello everyone. I hope you all are having a more exciting kickoff to your holiday weekend than I am. (Hubby had to work half the night so I’m just here watching TV. I had two things I wanted to post but now I’m only remembering one for some reason.

The first was my annoying stitch. Yes. I have this one stitch at the end of an incision that is sticking straight up and every-time my arm brushes across it the incision feels like it’s being pulled. Been driving me nuts for three days since the steri strip came off. Well I finally came up with a solution. Two shirts. It doesn’t poke through the second shirt so when brush past it doesn’t snag it. Not sure how common it is but just in case there it is.

Ooh my second thing. Motivation for exercise. My good friend that lives in another city came up with a great idea to motivate us both to exercise. We are going to do it together. But instead of driving an hour each was everyday we are just going to walk at the same time and talk on the phone while we do it. We are starting tomorrow night. Just thought I would share in case that idea works for someone else.

i hope everyone has a good night.

Well surgery was a success on the 26th!! I'm 5 days post op today! I just want to say that head hunger is a real thing, how did u guys get past this stage?? I have been on liquids since the 23rd and it's been a struggle for real, I thought after it would be easier because I don't actually feel hungry but physically I don't feel hungry it's just the mental aspect that gets me... I'm ready for these few weeks to fly by so I can begin to eat regularly again.

1 hour ago, Theweightisover2024🙌💪 said:

Well surgery was a success on the 26th!! I'm 5 days post op today! I just want to say that head hunger is a real thing, how did u guys get past this stage?? I have been on liquids since the 23rd and it's been a struggle for real, I thought after it would be easier because I don't actually feel hungry but physically I don't feel hungry it's just the mental aspect that gets me... I'm ready for these few weeks to fly by so I can begin to eat regularly again.

For one thing if you have Netflix or something similar where you can avoid commercials consider that instead of regular TV and if you like puzzles or crafts of any kind (even drawing or coloring) try that to keep your hands and a portion of your brain occupied. I crochet and that worked for me. When the cravings were strong I would pick up my project until it passed. Also try to avoid anything that will cause you stress or anxiety which may make you want to turn to food. Obviously that isn’t a tactic you can use long term. But at least until giving into your cravings won’t physically hurt your body. These things have worked for me so far.

1 hour ago, brac1100 said:

What does RNY mean

Roux-en-Y or Gastric Bypass

Okay so maybe I’m just the last to know and if so ignore me but Spanx makes clothes!! My friend just sent me a Facebook post of some denim pants they make that look like they will be so perfect even as we get closer to goal to sorta hold in any excess skin.

Ahhh is anyone eating too fast during pureed phase and then suffer right after 🥲🥲🥲 because it's so easy to eat so I just swallow then it punishes me EVERY TIME. Do I even lear