Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

30 minutes ago, Hiddenroses said:

@Greekmom4 - Yay! I'm so happy for you to be close to purees! I don't get to have that step until Monday. Do the shakes not treat you well? I'm pretty burned out on them and they are admittedly a little pricy but getting down two of the 30g Protein Premier/Equate/Ensure has been the easiest way for me to meet my Protein goals. Premier has a crazy amount of flavors and I'd put them in the lower-mid-range price point. I really like the strawberry and as a long time coffee lover I will say the Caramel mixed with Decaf coffee was a nice morning 'perk' that made me feel a little more like a normal human. The banana one was ok, to me. I splurged and got their variety pack first off of Walmart. It's pricier that way per shake but at least lets you decide what flavors you like before committing to a four pack (or more) purchase of a given flavor.

Also - 1000% agree on the bending! That's one factor I hadn't considered because I haven't had previous major surgeries - not to have things on the FLOOR that I need, lol. Thankfully my fella has been pretty patient about getting things for me that are out of reach.

@ShoppGirl - I'm really glad you decided not to vacuum! I know how frustrating it is and must be for someone who seems so on top of things as you are, but try to be gentle with yourself! Recovering from either a gallbladder surgery OR bariatric surgery is a LOT, and you're doing both! Enjoy having that support person - and remember, I'm sure there are times when he leans on you, so it's totally ok to lean on him during this process. You'll be feeling like a million bucks and able to be Superwoman again before you know it! :)

lol. I am SO not superwoman. I have bipolar disorder and I have been on medication for years but I still struggle a great deal with the depression part. My weight gain after the sleeve surgery just amplified things for me and I had let my house go for so long. I guess the anticipation and hope of the future loss sparked a little motivation and then the nervous energy kicked in which mimicked the super woman you guys got a glimpse of. I also have ADHD so as much as getting organized seems impossible for me, being that was makes my life so much easier. I used to have it halfway together though before the weight issues and i really hope to get back to that point at least. I think that’s why I’m so afraid of breaking my momentum. It was just starting to feel a little like home again and it was so peaceful walking through the doors to a house with some order to it. I so badly don’t want to let it get back to the way it was I think this weekend I’m just going to ask my husband to do a few things that I can’t do. I think he will get it if I tell him how I feel.

Well, I started this thread and then just mostly lurked (in part because I couldn't find my pw to log back in!) my surgery date is coming up soon... August 21st, but as to whether or not it will happen is up in the air I caught covid (I think) the end of July and I have a lingering cough that may dreail my surgery date. This is really rough because I'm having to travel to Lithuania to get it done and my tickets are not refundable... I'm hoping it just all goes through.

It's been encouraging to follow all your progress and I'm so hopeful to be joining in soon. @Hiddenrosess you really motivated me to write because I also used to role-playing in wow back in 2004-5 and am also neuro divergent. Anyway, this feels like I'm awkwardly jumping into the middle of someone else's conversation... So... *slips away*

12 minutes ago, AndreaJD said:

Hi, August buddies! I'm so sorry for those going through delays. That would suck and I would be so mad! After all.we go through to get here!

More pain today as expected due to the nerve blocks wearing off, but I just move slowly and take my meds as needed. Had just the hint of nausea so I took a Zofran and its gone now. @ShoppGirl, I had some good toots, too, and I'm fairly sure all the gas is out now. That gas pain is no joke!

@Singingbarista, I hope you get to go home today and had as good a hospital experience as I did.

I’m so happy for your roots. I swear I never realized gas pain was that bad until it was amplified to so many that were held in there. I was actually waiting at the doctors office and I needed to pass one and I would have absolutely NEVER have done this before but I lifted myself up a bit to pass it while knowing they may walk in at any second. That’s how bad it hurts to hold it in. I swear to you I am the one who has gone number two in a public restroom like 4 times in my whole life. I actually used to make an excuse to go to my mom’s house like every other night I was dating my husband and practically living with him so I didn’t have to do that at his house. I get so embarrassed about that stuff. Yet during all this. I have told everyone I know when I finally farted. That’s how much relief it brought me. For those of you still pending, trust me. I don’t care who is in the room. If you can belch or fart. Do it!! Especially at the hospital They get it.

7 minutes ago, Averdra said:

Well, I started this thread and then just mostly lurked (in part because I couldn't find my pw to log back in!) my surgery date is coming up soon... August 21st, but as to whether or not it will happen is up in the air I caught covid (I think) the end of July and I have a lingering cough that may dreail my surgery date. This is really rough because I'm having to travel to Lithuania to get it done and my tickets are not refundable... I'm hoping it just all goes through.

It's been encouraging to follow all your progress and I'm so hopeful to be joining in soon. @Hiddenrosess you really motivated me to write because I also used to role-playing in wow back in 2004-5 and am also neuro divergent. Anyway, this feels like I'm awkwardly jumping into the middle of someone else's conversation... So... *slips away*

Welcome back. Do not worry about jumping in. This is open to anyone. I’m sorry to hear about your COVID and hope it doesn’t derail your surgery BUT being a week post op I can tell you that coughing does hurt quite a bit so if they make you wait that could be why and you may not realize that they are doing you a favor. I hope it all works out one way or another.

36 minutes ago, Pepper_No_Salt said:

Just dropping in to say that Day 2 of pre-op diet is going better than day 1. The Unjury Martha's chicken Soup is amazing.

So glad to hear it’s getting a bit easier for you and that you found something that you actually enjoy for during that stage.

1 hour ago, ShoppGirl said:

Welcome back. Do not worry about jumping in. This is open to anyone. I’m sorry to hear about your COVID and hope it doesn’t derail your surgery BUT being a week post op I can tell you that coughing does hurt quite a bit so if they make you wait that could be why and you may not realize that they are doing you a favor. I hope it all works out one way or another.

@Averdra, hi! I'm sorry you got Covid, that stuff is awful, especially the coughing. I agree with @ShoppGirl, coughing with this sore belly would be horrible. Sending you good luck that you'll get to use those tickets!

@Averdra I don’t know much about Istanbul but is it a place that you would want to go to just visit? Perhaps if you get postponed you can make a trip out of it. Or can you change the place you go with the tickets. Sometimes things are not refundable but you can changes dates and itineraries. Also, check to see if it’s too late to purchase the travel insurance. I actually just learned that with cruises that you can still purchase it up till like two weeks out. Doesn’t have to be with the initial purchase. Certainly worth asking about.

On 08/13/2024 at 14:35, ShoppGirl said:

I am doing sooooo much better, thanks. Now I practically forget I had surgery until I try to get up or sit down. That and I am still pretty fatigued (i take a couple naps). I am not supposed to take the steri strips off of my incisions but one did come off and it’s almost healed. I am over the all liquids too. As I read this I have the blended phase paperwork on my lap because I was making a grocery list even though I don’t get to start till Sunday. I really don’t understand how we can go from liquid to canned chicken or tuna unless they expect us to put that in the blender too? Sounds pretty gross. I’m guessing I will be eating a lot of scrambled eggs.

Oh, I was feeling the same way with how we’re gonna go from liquid to purée. So I spoke to my nutritionist today and she said to start with egg whites, cottage cheese, cause it’s similar to yogurt and on the lighter side of things and then if I handle that well within 72 hours to progress to fish but steamed fish and tuna in a can with mayo. I can’t begin to tell you how excited I am for just some fish. lol 😂. This liquid diet just I’m so over it. keep us posted on how it’s going for you.!

On 08/13/2024 at 14:42, ShoppGirl said:

You may have had a nerve block. They gave me one last time without telling me. This time I asked and he didn’t do it. Not sure why. But it sorta numbs all the abdominal pain and slowly wears off by the next day when the pain really sets in.

Oh, that makes a lot of sense. The surgeon told me two days ago that the pain in my left shoulder is coming from a nerve! so that’s exactly it no longer gas but just nerves and bloating.

On 08/13/2024 at 16:09, draikaina8503 said:

Core Bariatric by Dr. Maria Iliakova and Tammie Lakose - this one is interesting because it's a bariatric surgeon and her very first bariatric patient. It's a new podcast that started this year, so not a lot to catch up on.

No Guts No Glory by Allyson and Cortni - both of these ladies had bariatric surgeries. One had the sleeve and the other had the diversion with duodenal switch. So they share about the upsides, the downsides, and everything else.

Thank you so much!!😊

1 minute ago, Onemealplan said:

Oh, I was feeling the same way with how we’re gonna go from liquid to purée. So I spoke to my nutritionist today and she said to start with egg whites, cottage cheese, cause it’s similar to yogurt and on the lighter side of things and then if I handle that well within 72 hours to progress to fish but steamed fish and tuna in a can with mayo. I can’t begin to tell you how excited I am for just some fish. lol 😂. This liquid diet just I’m so over it. keep us posted on how it’s going for you.!

Of course. I am actually looking forward to the ricotta bake. Not sure if you guys are familiar with it but it’s ricotta, marinara and low fat mozzarella cheese. Sorta like a lasagna without the noodles. There are lots or recipes some go in oven with an egg which would add Protein but I just microwaved it last time and supplemented with shakes.

On 08/13/2024 at 17:21, ShoppGirl said:

I haven’t tried this yet but I just got another idea for a gadget that will come in very handy if it works like I think it will. A coffee mug warmer. For the broth and the cream Soups for full liquid for sure. And maybe even the purée and soft stage since everything is supposed to be real moist. But At least for this Soup stage because it just cools off so fast. The more I think about it this may not be as helpful for everyone with tiny tummies since you can only eat like 3 bites early out anyways. I am a little different since they didn’t operate on my stomach. Supposed to keep my portions small but I physically can eat more.

Get yourself some small thermal cups they are great!!

Just now, Onemealplan said:

Get yourself some small thermal cups they are great!!

Ooh that’s a good idea. I think the coffee warmer I was looking at is a similar concept to a thermal cup with the warmer because it comes with a metal cup with a lid. Aren’t the thermal cups metal too.