Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 hours ago, Justarwaxx said:

I have most of the ingredients from this recipe at home!

I might make some! Yum

Thanks

Just make sure you are cleared for raw veggies and chew them super good regardless but they were really good.honestly it’s kinda hard to take small bites too without it falling apart. I just ended up using fork and knife to eat it.

Edited by ShoppGirl

11 hours ago, Justarwaxx said:

I have most of the ingredients from this recipe at home!

I might make some! Yum

Thanks

I made some today! And it was fantastic.. thanks @ShoppGirl not the best pic but teehee

20240921_142715.jpg

17 minutes ago, Justarwaxx said:

I made some today! And it was fantastic.. thanks @ShoppGirl not the best pic but teehee

20240921_142715.jpg

Your look about like mine did. They are tricky to work with but they taste good.

Well I stored my leftover spring rolls in glass Pyrex containers and they looked fine until I tried to pick them up. They fell apart. Still tasty but apparently that’s not the way to store them. I think I’m going to try wax paper next time.

So I found these drinkable yogurts that are super convenient if your running out the door and don’t want another shake or your shirt on Protein for the day BUT, the healthy ones are quite expensive. I just made my own. I used a container of yogurt, 1/2c of unsweetened almond milk and 1/4 cup mango. It’s a tad thick so I may try more milk next time. I made it in my nutra bullet and next time I will probably just drink it out of that cup because I feel like I’m wasting a lot of it sticking to the sides of that and another glass but regardless it’s easy and good for yogurt on the go. Just thought I would share.

Hello folks! It's been a while since I posted; been somewhat all over the map just trying to figure out what and when to eat and how to up my hydration. I finally settled on the fact that I'm just still not liking eggs, which is annoying, that tuna, salmon, and chicken are my go-to Protein sources, and carbs?? UGH. I literally had two providers in my back to back nurse practitioner then nutritionist give me conflicting advice regarding carbs at my one month post op. Due to a rescheduled appointment I had that appointment on 9/11 as opposed to the week earlier - my surgery was on 8/5.

The nurse told me that my energy level was probably flagging because of not hitting my hydration goals and that eating carbs after hitting my protein goals was fine, as long as I avoided sugar. Then the nutritionist came in and talked about how I should still be avoiding carbs in order to hit ketosis, and that supposedly once I hit ketosis I'll feel like a million bucks. Eesh. I've been tracking everything in my Baritastic app and I have only gone up to 31 carbs like, two days since my surgery, and it was because of applesauce and cream based Soup. I'm wondering when I'm supposed to start feeling fantastic?!

The third week plateau was REAL and incredibly obnoxious; I didn't see movement on my scale for almost a week despite hitting my protein goals and struggling to hit my hydration goals. I broke through it, though I'm still not losing as quickly as I'd like.

I find that eating Greek yogurt in the morning serves me pretty well, and I've also noticed that sometimes I have to split my meals into 'part one' and 'part two' in order to hit my protein goal. Like; I'll have my yogurt, wait the thirty minutes, hydrate for a while, hit the timer, then 30 minutes later have another small protein snack. It's definitely been a struggle to keep my energy up and not get burned out on this whole thing.

I felt like I was rocking along until after purees, then I just ended up baffled as to what I could or should eat. Honestly, the limits on vegetables don't seem to be holding particularly true for me; I've been fine with tomatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, onion, mushrooms, carrots, and Beans. I've not had much as far as fruits - one day I was out and didn't have any food with me so I got a kids meal from arby's with a bottled Water, just the meat from a slider, and a packet of applesauce. I split that applesauce pouch into three portions, honestly, and only ate about half of the deli meat they gave me.

Maybe I'll try to find more recipes using cream cheese - I'm annoyed that my grocery order didn't have the cabbage I ordered because I was looking forward to making some of the unstuffed cabbage rolls for this week. Guess I'll have to suck it up and go to the store for the missing items tomorrow. I bought an exercise bike I'm looking forward to using - It's a recumbent bike and I haven't figured out the right TIME to try to use it. It's been a bit of a struggle to find the timing between meals, hydrating, meds, Vitamins, housework, etc but hopefully returning to this forum will help me get more on track.

For anyone it might help - I've found that low fat cottage cheese and tuna melts made on a zero net carb small tortilla with 1/3 a can of tuna and two thin slices of colby/jack or a skim/reduced fat mozzarella string cheese are my main sources of protein. A couple of days ago I made a veggie mix of zucchini, broccoli, bell peppers, and a bit of diced onion. I've sliced up thin bits of both chicken and pork separately and use some of that zero sugar stir fry sauce to make meals of them. It works, even if not particularly exciting, and has a nice flavor at least.

11 hours ago, Hiddenroses said:

Hello folks! It's been a while since I posted; been somewhat all over the map just trying to figure out what and when to eat and how to up my hydration. I finally settled on the fact that I'm just still not liking eggs, which is annoying, that tuna, salmon, and chicken are my go-to Protein sources, and carbs?? UGH. I literally had two providers in my back to back nurse practitioner then nutritionist give me conflicting advice regarding carbs at my one month post op. Due to a rescheduled appointment I had that appointment on 9/11 as opposed to the week earlier - my surgery was on 8/5.

The nurse told me that my energy level was probably flagging because of not hitting my hydration goals and that eating carbs after hitting my Protein goals was fine, as long as I avoided sugar. Then the nutritionist came in and talked about how I should still be avoiding carbs in order to hit ketosis, and that supposedly once I hit ketosis I'll feel like a million bucks. Eesh. I've been tracking everything in my Baritastic app and I have only gone up to 31 carbs like, two days since my surgery, and it was because of applesauce and cream based Soup. I'm wondering when I'm supposed to start feeling fantastic?!

The third week plateau was REAL and incredibly obnoxious; I didn't see movement on my scale for almost a week despite hitting my protein goals and struggling to hit my hydration goals. I broke through it, though I'm still not losing as quickly as I'd like.

I find that eating Greek yogurt in the morning serves me pretty well, and I've also noticed that sometimes I have to split my meals into 'part one' and 'part two' in order to hit my protein goal. Like; I'll have my yogurt, wait the thirty minutes, hydrate for a while, hit the timer, then 30 minutes later have another small protein snack. It's definitely been a struggle to keep my energy up and not get burned out on this whole thing.

I felt like I was rocking along until after purees, then I just ended up baffled as to what I could or should eat. Honestly, the limits on vegetables don't seem to be holding particularly true for me; I've been fine with tomatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, onion, mushrooms, carrots, and Beans. I've not had much as far as fruits - one day I was out and didn't have any food with me so I got a kids meal from arby's with a bottled Water, just the meat from a slider, and a packet of applesauce. I split that applesauce pouch into three portions, honestly, and only ate about half of the deli meat they gave me.

Maybe I'll try to find more recipes using cream cheese - I'm annoyed that my grocery order didn't have the cabbage I ordered because I was looking forward to making some of the unstuffed cabbage rolls for this week. Guess I'll have to suck it up and go to the store for the missing items tomorrow. I bought an exercise bike I'm looking forward to using - It's a recumbent bike and I haven't figured out the right TIME to try to use it. It's been a bit of a struggle to find the timing between meals, hydrating, meds, Vitamins, housework, etc but hopefully returning to this forum will help me get more on track.

For anyone it might help - I've found that low fat cottage cheese and tuna melts made on a zero net carb small tortilla with 1/3 a can of tuna and two thin slices of colby/jack or a skim/reduced fat mozzarella string cheese are my main sources of protein. A couple of days ago I made a veggie mix of zucchini, broccoli, bell peppers, and a bit of diced onion. I've sliced up thin bits of both chicken and pork separately and use some of that zero sugar stir fry sauce to make meals of them. It works, even if not particularly exciting, and has a nice flavor at least.

Ugh. Conflicting information is so frustrating. I have gotten a lot of that with the SADI being new too. I just started making more appointments with the NP and I’m going with her advise. I had my Baritastic app open so I could show her a couple of weeks of nutrition at a glance and I told her my average step count from my watch. She actually had me increase my carbs and protein a bit because of my activity level. But she started me at like 60 carbs so your plan is different. Now they are good carbs. All veggies, fruits and whole grains like real oats or brown rice. I am now supposed to be around 80 but I haven’t quite gotten there. It’s hard to do after reaching 90g protein. I’m up to like 70g carbs and still lost 4 pounds last week (I started at an average of 5). I’m sure not all of our bodies are alike though or they would be able to land on one ideal diet plan that works for everyone. I don’t eat a lot of rice or oats. Most of my carbs are from veggies, fruits and Beans. Once a week I have a low carb wrap which makes the carbs go way up but it’s mostly Fiber so I think that’s okay (that’s on my list of questions)

For your exercise bike, start out whenever you can fit it in but once you get the boost or energy it gives you to keep going try doing it first thing in the morning I started walking at night but with the rain had to do it in the morning a couple of times and realized that it gave me a tremendous amount of energy for the day. I even work in more movement throughout the day now. It’s pretty great.

Well the leftover spring rolls a couple of days out the wrappers were hard. I’m just eating the fillings with the peanut sauce and it’s still pretty awesome but I think next time I will just prepare a container of the filling and then wrap them just before I eat. Just FYI for anyone who tries them.

On 9/22/2024 at 9:50 PM, Hiddenroses said:

The nurse told me that my energy level was probably flagging because of not hitting my hydration goals and that eating carbs after hitting my Protein goals was fine, as long as I avoided sugar. Then the nutritionist came in and talked about how I should still be avoiding carbs in order to hit ketosis, and that supposedly once I hit ketosis I'll feel like a million bucks. Eesh. I've been tracking everything in my Baritastic app and I have only gone up to 31 carbs like, two days since my surgery, and it was because of applesauce and cream based Soup. I'm wondering when I'm supposed to start feeling fantastic?!

Did the nutritionist ask about your activity? According to my NP your carbs can increase if you’re doing more activity. I would call or email the NP and tell him or her that you’re getting conflicting information.

Have you started your bike yet? I was gonna say I started my walking at night but because of weather had to do it a couple of times in the morning and I noticed that it gave me energy for the day and at night it helps me sleep so now I do a bit in the morning and more at night (break it up)

Which recipe did you use for the unstuffed: cabbage rolls. I see multiple ones and they are all quite different In how they cook the cabbage.

Edited by ShoppGirl

@Justarwaxx Did you get started at the gym yet? Curious to hear how it went.

1 hour ago, ShoppGirl said:

@Justarwaxx Did you get started at the gym yet? Curious to hear how it went.

Hiii yess I got my membership yesterday and starting today! I joined such a fancy place just to motivate me to go! It would be a me thing. Also I made my work place pay for it 😁 lol

It has a full one gym, pool and aerobics classes! I am very excited! I'll start slow to loosen my body then booom

On 9/15/2024 at 8:03 AM, Greekmom4 said:

Hi everyone,

It has been awhile since I have posted. We have been very busy around my house.
I will be 6 weeks post-op on Tuesday.

I can officially transition over to regular texture foods as of then. My dietician did tell me to not attempt over 1/2cup per meal. She said that is my max goal for a couple more months. Daily goals: 60-80g Protein, 48+ ounces of fluids, 500-700 calories, eat 3-6 times per day. Obviously do not eat 1/2 cup 6 times per day though. Lol

I am excited about being able to go to the gym and start an exercise regimen.
I also do not need Protein Shakes anymore as long as I am meeting my Protein goals. So happy about that. I have found a new product, Nurri, it is an ultra-filtered milk (shelf stable) with 30g protein and only 150 calories. It is honestly better than Fairlife and comes in a can. I have been drinking that for my Breakfast and while I take all my meds. I slowly take my meds over the 30 minutes or so I drink it.

@draikaina8503 hope you are feeling better.
@Justarwaxx the foamies are the worst. I’m glad it has only happened to me once.
@ShoppGirl the target heart rate formula is interesting. I can walk across the room and my heart rate would be higher than that. Those goals don’t really work for me but if it’s great if they help you.
@Voca my date was also 8/6. Hope you are doing well.

I can’t remember who asked about weight going up and down. That has not happened to me since my surgery, but in previous dieting for sure it happened. I have had a couple of days where my weight did not change. I am more of a slow loser so I weigh every day to keep myself honest and to see if something I did the day before might contribute to loss or even a stall. It works for me but might not be good for everyone.

I have tried chili from Wendy’s and McAllister’s Deli and they were okay. I do not really count those as “eating out” since they were chili and I could have had almost the same from a can.
Last night I went to dinner with some friends for the first time since surgery. I had not told any of them about my surgery and then they were all worried about what I could eat. I had already looked at the menu before going so I knew what my options were. Really not super WLS friendly. It’s a wood fired pizza restaurant. I ordered the best protein option pizza and had only the toppings from 2 pieces. They were small pieces and the entire pizza fit on a single plate.
My choices worked because today I am down 1.3 pounds. It made me happy that I knew I made the right choice. I was also not bothered by them eating other foods and seeing them finish their entire meals. They were all super supportive and asked if we needed to go somewhere else.

I recently went through my closet and started pulling clothes that are too big and adding in fall clothes. I had previously done a big purge of clothes that did not fit and I did not want to keep so my clothing options are a bit limited right now. My cousin had the gastric sleeve about 18 months ago and she gave me all of her clothes so that has been a huge help. It was like getting new clothes for free. Haha

My NSV is putting something on that did not fit a month ago and now is loose. That is a great feeling. Looking at the scale and saying I have lost 25 pounds since 8/6 and that does not seem like a lot to me but knowing how a certain shirt or pants fit before and now they are loose or even too big to wear. That helps keep it real for me and helps to keep me motivated.
Hope everyone has a great week and keep focused on those small goals and successes.

I love that they gave you daily goals. I feel like the drs only gave me a protein goal and it’s 114 grams… and I’m still in the purée stage to needless to say, I am failing that every day. But everything I eat has high protein and I probably am getting about 60 grams a day, so your post made me feel better!

I feel like my weight loss is super slow but at least it’s in the right direction and happening! I can’t wait to start getting rid of clothes that don’t fit!

11 hours ago, Justarwaxx said:

Hiii yess I got my membership yesterday and starting today! I joined such a fancy place just to motivate me to go! It would be a me thing. Also I made my work place pay for it 😁 lol

It has a full one gym, pool and aerobics classes! I am very excited! I'll start slow to loosen my body then booom

Oh, that’s so awesome and really great that you were able to get someone else to pay for it!! Im so excited for you. It Definitely feels like me time plus I think I’ve mentioned before but after I’m done exercising and I get home I really do not want to put any garbage into my body. It makes me want to eat healthy and it just gives me energy and improves my mood. Hopefully it does the same for you

well, I got the all clear from my surgeon at the support group meeting last night to start my yoga class so probably Tuesday I will be starting that and one of the girls that’s further along in my support group had asked me if I wanted to walk with her at our meeting last month and I never reached out to her, but I told her last night I was trying to work my way up to where I wouldn’t slow her down too much but we’re going to start walking together like once a week just for different scenery and a chance to chat. I figured that once a week is enough to be on a super strict schedule. I will still do my walking in between, but I don’t do it at the same time every day and my schedule fluctuates so much.
It’s hard to think of that with another person’s schedule.

But between the yoga class and walking with her once a week and if I do the group fitness class that will be five days a week right there and then I still do my walking by myself in between that’s a lot actually. I’m just starting with the yoga, though the group fitness says in the description that it’s cardio and I don’t know if I’m ready for an hour of cardio quite yet

1 hour ago, Chatterboxdea said:

I love that they gave you daily goals. I feel like the drs only gave me a Protein goal and it’s 114 grams… and I’m still in the purée stage to needless to say, I am failing that every day. But everything I eat has high protein and I probably am getting about 60 grams a day, so your post made me feel better!

I feel like my weight loss is super slow but at least it’s in the right direction and happening! I can’t wait to start getting rid of clothes that don’t fit!

Do you supplement with Protein Shakes or protein waters. The waters were my go to to reach my goal that early out. Another thing is the drinkable yogurts. I have all three on hand in case I’m low on protein through my meals. If so, I have one as a snack. I have actually made the drinkable yogurt myself with a regular yogurt and almond milk and a little fruit in a blender. Mine actually taste better.

Edited by ShoppGirl

If anyone likes Waldorf salad, this was a good one. I made half the recipe but added one Skinless chicken breast (pretty big, 6.9oz after it was cooked) so I used the correct amount of yogurt. Low calorie, high Protein relatively tasty dinner is marinating in the fridge ✔️

Some of you may want to peel the apple and leave out the walnuts of course, maybe even omit the celery (I just chopped it really small) and I know most of you guys can’t eat quite as much as me volume wise but for the halved recipe with the added chicken it makes two 1.5 cup servings and that’s 207 calories, 25g protein, 17g carbs. I will probably end up having half for dinner and the other half later for a snack.

I figured if I find something I like maybe someone else will enjoy it too. Here’s the link.

https://skinnyfitalicious.com/healthy-waldorf-salad/

If anyone else comes across healthy recipes that aren’t bad. Please share. I am really trying to commit to this. I didn’t try this hard with that sleeve and I’m hoping by finding a variety of healthy stuff I like that this time will be different for me. It certainly feels different so 🤞