Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On 9/12/2024 at 12:02 PM, Chatterboxdea said:

I might need to hide my scale too. I lost 9lbs pre-surgery and 11lbs the week after surgery, but this second week I haven’t really lost any weight. It’s frustrating and I know it’s just my body using all the calories and nutrients I’m giving it, but I’m eating so little that in my mind, it should just be flying off.

I meet with my dietitian for the first time tomorrow and I’m hoping they will give me the green light to start purée! I cannot wait to add more variety!!

How did your visit with the Dietician go? I just hid my scales as well and plan to weigh each Sunday. Up & down on my emotions trying to stay positive and realize this is a journey and I will have moments of not losing weight. Just keeping my eys on my goal for a healthier and more active lifestyle😊

Hello ladies x

Had my one month post op appointment today with the surgical team and he told me that all is well and should keep doing what I am doing wnd I am ready to start REAL food and exercise! He did transfer me to a dietician immediately tho because he expected a higher loss than 10 kg for the first month but he did say 10 kg is still good and wanted me to speak to the dietician to understand more. And it turns out I am under eating and avoiding all sort of carbs which is effecting me and could possibly mean I am not retaining nutrients. I have been to scared of eating that I know for sure I was under eating. So she went over my plan and told ne to eat 8 well cooked meals! And to check back in 2 weeks with how I am feeling. She told me not to be too worried about calories now and we will talk more when I reach 80 kgs.

I am wondering what your dietician have been telling u guys about carbs? R they part of ur meal plans?

4 hours ago, RRenaeL23 said:

Thank you for your encouragement! I am at a plateau in my weight loss journey. Somewhat discouraging. I am exercising, measuring, and getting my Protein in. Worried I am not getting enough hydration (noticed some dry skin on my legs).

Wishing you continued success throughout your journey!

I’m pretty sure dry skin can also be from l not enough Protein I’m using my phone so I’m not sure which surgery you had but if it’s bypass and increasing, your fluids, doesn’t work consider whether you just need more protein than the average bypass or if your activity is high, talk to your team, but they told me I needed to increase my protein because of my level of activity. Also, if your activity is really high, you may actually need to increase your carbohydrates. I would definitely talk to your team about your activity and your food intake. I know that increasing carbs sounds scary and counterproductive, but I’ve been on here for about four years now and a lot of people found that when they exercise level was high their body thought it was starving and was hanging onto everything until they increased their calories and then it started dropping so I would definitely ask if that could be an issue. Daughter it’s just the three weeks stop which isn’t exactly at three weeks, but it does happen to pretty much everyone.

Edited by ShoppGirl
J

2 hours ago, Justarwaxx said:

Hello ladies x

Had my one month post op appointment today with the surgical team and he told me that all is well and should keep doing what I am doing wnd I am ready to start REAL food and exercise! He did transfer me to a dietician immediately tho because he expected a higher loss than 10 kg for the first month but he did say 10 kg is still good and wanted me to speak to the dietician to understand more. And it turns out I am under eating and avoiding all sort of carbs which is effecting me and could possibly mean I am not retaining nutrients. I have been to scared of eating that I know for sure I was under eating. So she went over my plan and told ne to eat 8 well cooked meals! And to check back in 2 weeks with how I am feeling. She told me not to be too worried about calories now and we will talk more when I reach 80 kgs.

I am wondering what your dietician have been telling u guys about carbs? R they part of ur meal plans?

So glad to hear your checkup went well and everyone’s plans a little different depending on their surgery their age, their activity levels, their medical conditions so you’re probably gonna get a lot of answers. My team doesn’t give a calorie goal either but once I showed her my Fitness app which logs my level of activity as well as my food blog she told me I needed to increase my carbohydrates and Protein, which has been really scary and hard to do especially because I went three days without losing and then actually gained a pound after I increased it but I’m trusting the nurse practitioner that she knows what she’s doing and hoping it will work out. I haven’t had my three week stall yet so maybe that’s what’s going on. I mean, I’m eating probably a third of what I did before surgery and I’m exercising 10 times more so there’s just no way that I would be gaining. Oh, I should add that. I weighed myself this morning and. I lost that pound plus another one so I really lost 1 pound in the three days well in four days I guess. I do remember from my sleeve, but it does slow down quite a bit at a certain point. I just don’t remember when and how much. I am also trying to focus on the fact that I feel healthier and have more energy and I’m in a better mood than I have been in years.

Edited by ShoppGirl

4 minutes ago, ShoppGirl said:

So glad to hear your checkup went well and everyone’s plans a little different depending on their surgery their age, their activity levels, their medical conditions so you’re probably gonna get a lot of answers. My team doesn’t give a calorie goal either but once I showed her my Fitness app which logs my level of activity as well as my food blog she told me I needed to increase my carbohydrates and Protein, which has been really scary and hard to do especially because I went three days without losing and then actually gained a pound after I increased it but I’m trusting the nurse practitioner that she knows what she’s doing and hoping it will work out. I haven’t had my three week stall yet so maybe that’s what’s going on. I mean, I’m eating probably a third of what I did before surgery and I’m exercising 10 times more so there’s just no way that I would be gaining. Oh, I actually just weighed myself and I lost that pound plus another one so I really lost 1 pound in the three days well in four days I guess.

That's progress! Exactly there's no way we are gaining weight! Especially this early on.. gaining a pound here and there is bound to happen.. i really want to avoid daily and even weekly weigh in so that I can avoid seeing those random gains.

21 minutes ago, Justarwaxx said:

That's progress! Exactly there's no way we are gaining weight! Especially this early on.. gaining a pound here and there is bound to happen.. i really want to avoid daily and even weekly weigh in so that I can avoid seeing those random gains.

If you can do it, it probably will save you a lot of mental stress. It’s hard even though your brain knows that it’s not possible that you’re gaining but yet it’s still somehow messes with you. Well it does me at least.

Edited by ShoppGirl

21 hours ago, ShoppGirl said:

I’m pretty sure dry skin can also be from l not enough Protein I’m using my phone so I’m not sure which surgery you had but if it’s bypass and increasing, your fluids, doesn’t work consider whether you just need more Protein than the average bypass or if your activity is high, talk to your team, but they told me I needed to increase my protein because of my level of activity. Also, if your activity is really high, you may actually need to increase your carbohydrates. I would definitely talk to your team about your activity and your food intake. I know that increasing carbs sounds scary and counterproductive, but I’ve been on here for about four years now and a lot of people found that when they exercise level was high their body thought it was starving and was hanging onto everything until they increased their calories and then it started dropping so I would definitely ask if that could be an issue. Daughter it’s just the three weeks stop which isn’t exactly at three weeks, but it does happen to pretty much everyone.

Thank you! Have an appointment with my team next week 😊

😊

On 9/16/2024 at 8:52 AM, RRenaeL23 said:

How did your visit with the Dietician go? I just hid my scales as well and plan to weigh each Sunday. Up & down on my emotions trying to stay positive and realize this is a journey and I will have moments of not losing weight. Just keeping my eys on my goal for a healthier and more active lifestyle😊

I got to move to the purée stage so that’s amazing but still in my stall which sucks!