Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

13 minutes ago, Greekmom4 said:

@ShoppGirl my biggest incision is kind of dented in also. My surgeon said it will flatten out. It is also where they removed my stomach.

Steristrips: I did not have them, or staples. My incisions all have stitches and a strange purple glue covering them. It is slowly wearing off.

Food: We had a vegetarian potluck at work today and I did have a small teaspoon of ranch dip, one bite of a very spicy hummus, and a bite of a veggie meatball. I knew I could tolerate the food and did not want to punish myself by not having anything.
Today I am 3 weeks and 2 days post-op and wore jeans for the first time. Not the brightest idea but I survived the day. LoL going to change as soon as I get home.
I have lost 16 pounds since my surgery day. I am a slower loser and have had a couple of 3 day stalls. I like to weigh daily to see if a certain food or activity affects my weight loss. It also keeps me accountable. I know this may not be good for all people.
I can’t wait for my 6 week checkup so I can be cleared to go to the gym.
We have a large department move at work coming up in a couple of weeks and know that may pose some problems with my weight restrictions.

Hope everyone is doing well and it seems like we are progressing along from all the posts. Keep up the good work. We’ve got this!

Ooh that’s great to hear about the dented in incision being okay, thank you. The NP said she is not overly concerned but I still feel more confident hearing stuff about the actual surgical stuff from the surgeons. Wow. I’m 3 weeks too and I wouldn’t even dare attempt jeans yet. I still wear my binder if I’m going further than to do grocery pickup. Glad to hear your are okay though. Do you think it would help to get your restrictions in writing from your Dr before that big move? You really don’t want them making you feel pressured to the point you do something to hurt yourself. I think 16 days in 3 weeks is great. That’s over 5 pounds a week!!

Posted (edited)

I am sooooo anticipating my soft foods beginning on Monday. I have been working on my menu and my grocery cart for a while. This is my menu so far.

Monday-Snow Crab with skinny scampi sauce and mashed cauliflower

Tuesday-Turkey Meatballs with peppers and onions (low carb marinara)

Wednesday-Chili with side of zucchini, butternut squash and onions

Thursday-Blackened Salmon with Brussel Sprouts

Friday-Turkey Taco Fillings with fresh Pico and fresh Guacamole

Saturday-Mahi with Jerk seasoning and green Beans

Sunday- Black Bean Veggie Burger Patty with carrots

Lunches

Monday- MUSH overnight oats (with Protein powder)

Tuesday- Spinach and onion Skinny Omelette

Wednesday- Egg salad

Thursday- Greek yogurt with berries (and protein powder)

Friday- tuna Salad

Saturday- squash and onion Skinny Omelette

Sunday- chicken Salad

Edited by ShoppGirl

Does anyone have any experience with Tumeric. It’s supposed to help with swelling since we can’t take NSAIDS. I have some in my medicine cabinet I never tried and my belly is still pretty swollen so I thought maybe I’d give it a try but I am curious if it interferes with any of the other Vitamins. There aren’t many more hours in the day to separate it from everything else.

3 hours ago, ShoppGirl said:

I am sooooo anticipating my soft foods beginning on Monday. I have been working on my menu and my grocery cart for a while. This is my menu so far.

Lunches

Wednesday- Egg salad

Thursday- Greek yogurt with berries (and Protein powder)

Friday- tuna salad

Sunday- chicken Salad

Umm that sounds amazing!!!!!!! I tasted every dish you wrote hahaah

5 hours ago, ShoppGirl said:

Does anyone have any experience with Tumeric. It’s supposed to help with swelling since we can’t take NSAIDS. I have some in my medicine cabinet I never tried and my belly is still pretty swollen so I thought maybe I’d give it a try but I am curious if it interferes with any of the other Vitamins. There aren’t many more hours in the day to separate it from everything else.

I added tumeric as a spice in my Soups and soft food and added cinnamon to my yoghurts to help with inflammation - both recommended to me in the hospital and I think they helped. The hospital actually said they could be taken together as a tea but I am not a great tea drinker so went with the adding to food option.

I still take cinnamon frequently just to keep up the good habit, travel with a jar of it for adding to coffee and yoghurts if needed.

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, Justarwaxx said:

Umm that sounds amazing!!!!!!! I tasted every dish you wrote hahaah

🤣 🤣. Not trying to torture anyone still early out Just figured it may give everyone some ideas and something to look forward to. Plus wanted to make sure it looks good to everyone else. After looking for recipes I think the brussel sprouts may not be soft enough quite yet.

Edited by ShoppGirl

3 hours ago, FifiLux said:

I added tumeric as a spice in my Soups and soft food and added cinnamon to my yoghurts to help with inflammation - both recommended to me in the hospital and I think they helped. The hospital actually said they could be taken together as a tea but I am not a great tea drinker so went with the adding to food option.

I still take cinnamon frequently just to keep up the good habit, travel with a jar of it for adding to coffee and yoghurts if needed.

Oh awesome idea, thanks. Is any old spice that you get at the grocery fine or do you get a better quality one or something?

Happy Friday everyone! I had my 2 week follow-up with my dietitian yesterday and got my diet progression schedule! I'm officially on mashable right now. I meal-prepped some ricotta bakes and refried Beans last night. I get to have eggs which I'm excited about. In two weeks I go to soft and two weeks after that I move to solids and adding meat back in. No bread/rice/pasta/alcohol for 6 months. I also got to start my Vitamins which should help with my energy levels.

The only thing I need to work on right now is upping my Water intake and getting back into walking. I was going to the gym consistently before my surgery but I've just been so tired it's been hard to get on the treadmill.

Posted (edited)

21 minutes ago, Pepper_No_Salt said:

Happy Friday everyone! I had my 2 week follow-up with my dietitian yesterday and got my diet progression schedule! I'm officially on mashable right now. I meal-prepped some ricotta bakes and refried Beans last night. I get to have eggs which I'm excited about. In two weeks I go to soft and two weeks after that I move to solids and adding meat back in. No bread/rice/pasta/alcohol for 6 months. I also got to start my Vitamins which should help with my energy levels.

The only thing I need to work on right now is upping my Water intake and getting back into walking. I was going to the gym consistently before my surgery but I've just been so tired it's been hard to get on the treadmill.

Maybe start with a short stroll around the block. If you go during before or after work hours you will see lots of people out walking dogs and working on their yards and stuff to make it go by faster. Or that’s my hopes at least. lol. I ordered my shoes and plan to start as soon as they get here.

ooh and try mixing some cottage cheese into your eggs before you cook them. Makes them creamier and ups the Protein.

Edited by ShoppGirl

4 hours ago, ShoppGirl said:

Oh awesome idea, thanks. Is any old spice that you get at the grocery fine or do you get a better quality one or something?

I use the grocery ones, I think they are all pure enough without having to pay a months salary for some gimmicky one

I started wearing jeans on Tuesday. You all are making me feel like I jumped the gun lol.

54 minutes ago, FifiLux said:

I use the grocery ones, I think they are all pure enough without having to pay a months salary for some gimmicky one

Hey If they work they work. I was just curious how much actual Tumeric and Cinnamon were in them since the few I read the backs of online said to contact them for nutritional information. Thanks for the info.

50 minutes ago, draikaina8503 said:

I started wearing jeans on Tuesday. You all are making me feel like I jumped the gun lol.

If they don’t hurt you then go for it!! My NCIS ions still hurt though and the waist would run them and press on them. Just sounds painful. I am a revision too and had gallbladder out so more incisions and a couple I think they may have gone back in the same spot through scar tissue (not sure if that makes ot worse for healing). I just keep on trying to figure out why it’s so much worse this time because I’m telling you after my sleeve I was up bugging the nurses the same day and hime the next wanting to play Horse in basketball (I literally gestured to my husband to pass me the ball when I was out front talking to him. I forgot I had surgery). Soooo much differnt this time.

On 08/29/2024 at 22:45, ShoppGirl said:

Yep! It’s great! I use it for scrambled tofu or when I cook vegetarian dishes. It’s not a spicy spice and adds great color and flavor.

On 08/29/2024 at 22:38, ShoppGirl said:

Lunches

Wednesday- Egg salad

Thursday- Greek yogurt with berries (and Protein powder)

Friday- tuna Salad

Sunday- chicken Salad

Oh wow ! That’s a lot of different foods for one week. My advice would be to spread it o out a bit. Congratulations on your purée journey.