Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 minutes ago, Lissa623 said:

I just had gastric bypass on 6/20 and last night was rough. Hoping today is better. I was only able to get down 1 bottle of Water and one Protein Shake yesterday. Was up all night with what felt like dumping syndrome. Feeling a bit better today.

I just had mine on Wednesday 6/19 and had a similar experience on Saturday all day, I've been able to tolerate more fluids and protien shakes since then hope your feeling better in the days to come

3 hours ago, Gator70 said:

I just had mine on Wednesday 6/19 and had a similar experience on Saturday all day, I've been able to tolerate more fluids and protien shakes since then hope your feeling better in the days to come

I’m feeling a little better today after I slept till almost noon. Really trying to make sure I get the fluids in today. Thank you!!

Absolutely, All I been tolerating for fluids is Water, protien drinks and some V8 juice, I tried greek yogurt and cottage cheese so far so good remember it will get easier but also trying to take all the meds my doctor put me on has been a struggle also

Anyone itchy on the tummy around the incisions? I want to scratch my skin off. I am going to try some Cortisone creme!

Karli

My Surgeon said itching denotes healing and not to put anything on it

14 minutes ago, obxlvr13 said:

Anyone itchy on the tummy around the incisions? I want to scratch my skin off. I am going to try some Cortisone creme!

Karli

Yes,I was told also not to put anything on the incisions but I told to take benadryl which It did help

My surgeon said I could use Bactrine, but could not spray on wounds directly, but ok around incision sites, just no rubbing. Always check with your team though.

Screenshot_20240627_132535_Chrome.jpg

My NP said I could try cortisone creme but it did not do a thing! Its just itchiness from healing but feels like its x100!

Only thing that helps is to not have anything touching it at all!

Karli

I just had my surgery on the 27th and am home from the hospital. I have been having a hard time with tracking how much I have been taking in with Water and Protein. Any tips or tricks to help track it so I make sure to try to reach my protein goal? I use the baritastic app but it doesn't allow me to go in and just put single ounces on some of my shakes.

Also, I am experiencing a burning sensation on the right side lower part of my stomach. Any idea's what this could be from?

Simple pen and paper or the phone note app gives me more flexibility for tracking

the burning could be acidity but best to check with your surgeon

I’m exactly one week post-op today! 6/24 I had gastric bypass and, despite all the info I’ve been given, I’m feeling completely lost! 😅 My friend who’s had gastric sleeve surgery a few years ago told me about this site so here I am! Anyone else miss chewing food like I do?? 😂

5 hours ago, DrennaBaleena said:

I’m exactly one week post-op today! 6/24 I had gastric bypass and, despite all the info I’ve been given, I’m feeling completely lost! 😅 My friend who’s had gastric sleeve surgery a few years ago told me about this site so here I am! Anyone else miss chewing food like I do?? 😂

Hey and welcome to the June buddies thread :)

I am just over 2 weeks since sleeve surgery and yes, the first 2 weeks were difficult. That chewing sensation is what I was craving and actually got some great advice earlier in this thread. I started to chew on sugar free ice lollies and made sure I had ice with my liquids, so I could crunch them. Other than that, not a lot you can do until you're on the next stage. All the best for your journey :)

On 6/25/2024 at 9:06 AM, Gator70 said:

Just hitting 2 weeks post, Constipation has set in and had some blood in stool I talked with my surgeon he said start to introduce stool softners only and try to increase more Water anyone else run into this any other suggestions, tips or tricks ?? Just feel miserable right now

Hello! I had my surgery on 6.12 and for me I use a Fiber powder in my Protein Shakes and stool softeners, that seems to help me