Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 minutes ago, meltingana said:

Hi! I just got sleeved on June 7th and am a little over a week post-op! I was very nervous because I had never been under general anesthesia so I had an irrational fear that it wouldn’t work on me, lol. The surgery went very well and the recovery is not as bad as I thought! The worst part were the gas pains that lasted about 3 days, but I feel significantly better now.

My one tip: get a heating pad!!!

Good luck to everyone! If anyone got sleeved on the same day as me/around the same time lmk, I would love some bari-buddy twins :)

I got it on the 5th and an anesthesia newbie like you. Recovery has been smooth so far except for a belly button discharge and odor which the surgeon says happened bc the nurse cleaned it too vigorously maybe. Fingers crossed for that to resolve with clotrimazole.

liquid phase for 3 weeks .how are you doing with your fluid goals

On 06/15/2024 at 17:21, Fars said:

I got it on the 5th and an anesthesia newbie like you. Recovery has been smooth so far except for a belly button discharge and odor which the surgeon says happened bc the nurse cleaned it too vigorously maybe. Fingers crossed for that to resolve with clotrimazole.

liquid phase for 3 weeks .how are you doing with your fluid goals

Happy 10 day post-op! Im sorry to hear about your belly button discharge- do you have an incision close to it that caused it?

I am also about 3 weeks liquid phase including pre-op. Im so sick of it. My Fluid intake for water/sugar free gatorade is okay. I’m no where near 1.5 L a day but its slowly getting better and im definitely drinking more now than I was the first two days.

Did you develop an intolerance to lactose after your surgery?

1 minute ago, meltingana said:

Happy 10 day post-op! Im sorry to hear about your belly button discharge- do you have an incision close to it that caused it?

I am also about 3 weeks liquid phase including pre-op. Im so sick of it. My Fluid intake for water/sugar free gatorade is okay. I’m no where near 1.5 L a day but its slowly getting better and im definitely drinking more now than I was the first two days.

Did you develop an intolerance to lactose after your surgery?

More than the discharge it’s a stronger odor which I find disturbing - no incision surgeon said maybe nurse abraded the belly button while cleaning it before the procedure - ER says it’s looks normal but gave me anti fungal ointment - hope it resolves

i I couldn’t stand the Premier Protein but no identifier lactose intolerance - just didn’t like the taste too sweet and heavy

seeq Protein Water has been a lifesaver so I do two 14 oz servings of that and one 8 oz of fair life with whey protein and the rest water

15 minutes ago, meltingana said:

Hi! I just got sleeved on June 7th and am a little over a week post-op! I was very nervous because I had never been under general anesthesia so I had an irrational fear that it wouldn’t work on me, lol. The surgery went very well and the recovery is not as bad as I thought! The worst part were the gas pains that lasted about 3 days, but I feel significantly better now.

My one tip: get a heating pad!!!

Good luck to everyone! If anyone got sleeved on the same day as me/around the same time lmk, I would love some bari-buddy twins :)

Hi June 6 right here. ❤️🙏 My surgery went perfect and very little pain. With gas felt a relief tho... How are you doing with your stage Puree. I just started and going pretty well. Even tho sometimes I feel like when burping my throat is saying Ouchh 😭🤣

On 06/15/2024 at 17:32, Fars said:

More than the discharge it’s a stronger odor which I find disturbing - no incision surgeon said maybe nurse abraded the belly button while cleaning it before the procedure - ER says it’s looks normal but gave me anti fungal ointment - hope it resolves

i I couldn’t stand the Premier Protein but no identifier lactose intolerance - just didn’t like the taste too sweet and heavy

seeq Protein Water has been a lifesaver so I do two 14 oz servings of that and one 8 oz of fair life with whey Protein and the rest water

I see, fingers crossed it’ll go away soon 🤞🏼

Im drinking Premier Protein right now and I really like their Root Beer Float flavor (though it sounds nasty). Im just struggling a little since I am slightly intolerant to milk after surgery. Ive been trying to find the Premier Water everywhere but I cant find it in-store or on their website ): Where did you get yours?

I need to buy more fairlife so I can make my own shakes. Im trying to finish my pre-made Premiers to get rid of them

On 06/15/2024 at 17:42, ana916mario said:

Hi June 6 right here. ❤️🙏 My surgery went perfect and very little pain. With gas felt a relief tho... How are you doing with your stage Puree. I just started and going pretty well. Even tho sometimes I feel like when burping my throat is saying Ouchh 😭🤣

Im glad your surgery went well!! We were so close in date 🙏🏼

Im still on a liquid diet until the 21st😭 I had 4 days clear am liquid and then 10 days regular liquid where I could add creamy Soups, my Protein Shakes and Vitamins. Im looking forward to the purée stage because im so sick of liquids!! I just want some mashed potatoes or anything with more flavor 😭😭 Im glad yours is going well, does your throat hurt while burping because it feels like the thicker consistency is coming back up?

4 hours ago, Mel M said:

My surgery is scheduled for the 27th. I am on day 3 of my liquid diet and boy am I struggling. It's very hard to break old habits of just snacking but even now on the liquid diet I want a healthy snack but unable to have it. I think it's the chewing sensation I miss. I am able to have one health meal a day and usually have Protein Shakes for the other meals. (breakfast and lunch) I try to save my healthy meal for dinner so I can eat with my family but with being on summer vacation it has been hard to not want to just snack all day. I have been going back and forth if this is something I should followed through with as I will not be able to enjoy the things I used to after surgery. Maybe I'm over thinking and it's just nerves for the post op life.

Don't question it.. it is tough and it sucks but remember why you are doing this. If it helps you feel better, somewhere is out there starving with you..! My surgery is MONDAY. And I lost 13pds so far with this preop diet... you can do it!!!! My stomach is growling and I just think about being healthy for myself and my family.

57 minutes ago, meltingana said:

I see, fingers crossed it’ll go away soon 🤞🏼

Im drinking Premier Protein right now and I really like their Root Beer Float flavor (though it sounds nasty). Im just struggling a little since I am slightly intolerant to milk after surgery. Ive been trying to find the Premier Water everywhere but I cant find it in-store or on their website 😞 Where did you get yours?

I need to buy more fairlife so I can make my own shakes. Im trying to finish my pre-made Premiers to get rid of them

I am using seeq Protein in Water - you take a scoop and put it in water to make a watery drink - better than the milk based version

I'm scheduled for gastric bypass this Wednesday the 19th so the liver shrink diet has been tough for me alot of fatigue and dizziness, and start 48 hr all liquid tomorrow morning. Never been this weak before but I look forward to this as part for reclaiming my overall health and wellness! Prayers going out to all my fellow patients, 1 Peter 5:7 Casting all your cares upon him for he cares for you...

Posted (edited)

Hello, new here!
I had mine done in the 3rd of June. Surgery went very well, my first week was awesome. Now i'm on the second week, some days away of the getting out of liquids.< br />
This second week have been not good for me, I got a lot of nausea and a lot of foaming on my mouth. The only things that been helping are orange juice and Water. Tried some homemade, sugar free lemonade today and it also helped to settle my stomach.

The only thing thats been really rough, even tho I wasent addicted to soda (I would have a can once a week), my mind keeps craving for it. Since I was a kid, everytime I got nauseous My granma I would tell me to drink a little bit of coke and it helped me a lot, so I carried this tradition into my life. Now that cant have it and I'm feeling sick in the stomach my mind keeps asking for it, and its so frustrating. I tought i would have this problem with coffee, since I was an avid coffee drinker but I don't miss coffee so much.

Hope all you guys are doing well through the process!

Edited by FernandaR

3 hours ago, FernandaR said:

Hello, new here!
I had mine done in the 3rd of June. Surgery went very well, my first week was awesome. Now i'm on the second week, some days away of the getting out of liquids.< br />
This second week have been not good for me, I got a lot of nausea and a lot of foaming on my mouth. The only things that been helping are orange juice and Water. Tried some homemade, sugar free lemonade today and it also helped to settle my stomach.

The only thing thats been really rough, even tho I wasent addicted to soda (I would have a can once a week), my mind keeps craving for it. Since I was a kid, everytime I got nauseous My granma I would tell me to drink a little bit of coke and it helped me a lot, so I carried this tradition into my life. Now that cant have it and I'm feeling sick in the stomach my mind keeps asking for it, and its so frustrating. I tought i would have this problem with coffee, since I was an avid coffee drinker but I don't miss coffee so much.

Hope all you guys are doing well through the process!

Hi and welcome to the forum! I got mines on Thurs 13th and currently in first week recovery. I can’t lie I have really struggled so far with the pains and aches since the surgery. The liquid diet isnt great for me so I am looking forward to chewing something. Anyway good luck and I hope you find something that works with your new stomach :)

5 hours ago, Clark Griswold said:

Hi and welcome to the forum! I got mines on Thurs 13th and currently in first week recovery. I can’t lie I have really struggled so far with the pains and aches since the surgery. The liquid diet isnt great for me so I am looking forward to chewing something. Anyway good luck and I hope you find something that works with your new stomach :)

Thank you so much!
Yeah the first week is very bad with the pains, hope you got some medicine to help you out.
I dont miss chewing that much , but since I live in a very hot country, I saw a trick some friends were trying, which is freezing fruit, blending it with Water and filtering it to make a popsicle. This or chewing ice, hahahaha. Since my stomach is tolerating ice cold liquids way more, sometimes i get and ice and chew and I think that it kinda gets that ich for chewing off for me.
Hope you pain gets better friend!

I’m scheduled on Friday, June 21st! I’m so excited! The day has finally came! Started my 2 day pre op clear liquid cleanse today! Stomach growling already! Uggh

On 6/18/2024 at 2:39 AM, FernandaR said:

Thank you so much!
Yeah the first week is very bad with the pains, hope you got some medicine to help you out.
I dont miss chewing that much , but since I live in a very hot country, I saw a trick some friends were trying, which is freezing fruit, blending it with Water and filtering it to make a popsicle. This or chewing ice, hahahaha. Since my stomach is tolerating ice cold liquids way more, sometimes i get and ice and chew and I think that it kinda gets that ich for chewing off for me.
Hope you pain gets better friend!

Yes plenty of meds thank you! Day 7 now post surgery and things are starting to settle down now thankfully. A lot of gurgling going on but that’s to be expected I guess.

Some good tips on the ice, freezing fruit thanks!

Hi guys! I did it! My surgery went as scheduled on 6/17. I'm 3 days post op!

All went really good, I was only in pain and nauseous after I woke up from Anesthesia. After I was given meds for that, I have not needed pain meds. I started walking right away and so far it has been good.

ONLY Complain-- in having a hard time with Protein and drinking water/ sf gatorade. Last thing I want is to be dehydrated. I bought the EmergenC Hydration packets on Amazon, hope it works.. and I hope as the days go by, I can drink more protein.