Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Emotional Wreck even before surgery

It's 3 weeks before my surgery and I'm an emotional wreck. I'm not scared (much) about the surgery. I'm actually looking forward to getting it done. I've been on a pretty strict diet for over a month (700-900) calories and I've been sticking to it about 90% of the time. I'm exercising 6-7 days a week. Still I feel like crap. I'm sad, I'm fighting with all my loved ones, etc. Basically, I'm an emotional wreck. I'm just wondering whether anyone has had these experiences. Could it be from the drastic diet. I feel like I'm a drug addict going through withdrawal. I hope this ends soon.

The holidays are often stressful. After New Year things may calm down for you. Think about the weight about to leave you, that didn't help calm me, but did help with my determination to get it done!

Giving up our best friend, food, is really really tough--and especially with the holiday season looming large--the reality of your forthcoming life style is upon you...

All the physical and psychological advantages of this tool can't take away the fact that our lives aren't ever going to be the same!

But you know, it really is a GOOD thing--which you will find out in three weeks--in fact it is the BEST thing you are ever going to do for yourself! Trust me--we've all been through the trauma you're in now--the other side is a better place to be.... ;)

Hang in there - it will get better post banding.

I agree with Jack and the others - I was a total anxious panicked wreck - particularly as soon as the date was announced. I ate like I've never binged before - I'm horrified at what I ate and did. :omg:

Then I started Optiyuk, and salads and it calmed down - but the anguish was there up to the anaesthesetic. I came out the other side a saner person - and I miss my best friend - food. So, with Christmas I have been meeting it again, and I'm a sucker, but I know this time when the house empties of the goodies it will get better. I have my second fill due in January, and I hope it will be easier then ;)

Good luck, and don't let the mind games get to you :mad:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches