Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey guys!

So far everything is going good. I had a RNY on the 10th of April and lost 80 pounds so far!

I am also starting to see a huge difference in myself. More energy, feeling more happy and confident. I have also started to see difference in my skin... it feels less tight but I hoping it is just taking time to adjust as I know it takes longer for the skin to shrink.

There are some weeks where I might lose 0.5 kg and others where I can lose 3kg bit the main thing is that it is a downward trend.

Overall, I am happy I got the surgery.

Posted (edited)

57 minutes ago, LAMamma said:

Hi Mspretty86 and wendy4energyrenewal. I'm doing ok, I'm down 51 lbs total (including the 15 pre-surgery), so the loss is slow, but continues to trend down. Of course I wish it was faster, but as long as it is on a downward trend, I'm pleased. No one at work has even noticed yet (or at least no one has commented), so that too is a little depressing.

I am not really feeling any differences from before other than I rarely ever feel hungry ... it's the weirdest thing and something I've never experienced before, I used to be hungry almost all the time!

Awesome! Very good! Slow and steady wins the race! Trust me 50lbs can be noticed! Stay encouraged! A lot of times it could people not wanting to be nosy and pry, jealousy, etc you never know what goes through people's minds! I was just thinking this as well I pretty much also make myself eat! It's so strange not to have cravings. I literally will enjoy this state as much as possible lmao! I'm not ready for cravings to kick in full force!

Edited by Mspretty86

2 hours ago, LAMamma said:

Hi Mspretty86 and wendy4energyrenewal. I'm doing ok, I'm down 51 lbs total (including the 15 pre-surgery), so the loss is slow, but continues to trend down. Of course I wish it was faster, but as long as it is on a downward trend, I'm pleased. No one at work has even noticed yet (or at least no one has commented), so that too is a little depressing.

I am not really feeling any differences from before other than I rarely ever feel hungry ... it's the weirdest thing and something I've never experienced before, I used to be hungry almost all the time!

I love not being hungry anymore! I do feel it every now and then, but the quality of the hunger is so different. Sooo much more tolerable. I don't have to plan my day on "what if I get hungry" when running errands. I have a general idea of around what time the meals should be, and I can be flexible as long as I get food in me. No more gas station fill ups, and I don't mean gasoline. I have such a different relationship with food now. It's pretty nice!

1 hour ago, wendy4energyrenewal said:

I love not being hungry anymore! I do feel it every now and then, but the quality of the hunger is so different. Sooo much more tolerable. I don't have to plan my day on "what if I get hungry" when running errands. I have a general idea of around what time the meals should be, and I can be flexible as long as I get food in me. No more gas station fill ups, and I don't mean gasoline. I have such a different relationship with food now. It's pretty nice!

That's is so awesome! These types of wins with surgery keeps me motivated!

3 hours ago, Lorna Nicole said:

Hey guys!

So far everything is going good. I had a RNY on the 10th of April and lost 80 pounds so far!

I am also starting to see a huge difference in myself. More energy, feeling more happy and confident. I have also started to see difference in my skin... it feels less tight but I hoping it is just taking time to adjust as I know it takes longer for the skin to shrink.

There are some weeks where I might lose 0.5 kg and others where I can lose 3kg bit the main thing is that it is a downward trend.

Overall, I am happy I got the surgery.

You go girl!

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, wendy4energyrenewal said:

Hi, Mspretty86. I love that you reached out. I forget about this forum. My surgery was April 16, and I have lost 71 pounds. I lose in chunks and then remain plateaued for weeks. Very strange, yet the scale shows a trending down line. My body feels weird. My skin is losing firmness as the fat cells diminish. I feel like I may have something else going on though. I do have more energy and less pain, which is huge for me. I'm curious how others are doing?

Yes I think it's good to keep this chat active as it's takes community to remain steadfast! I am there with you about the same amount of weight loss overall had surgery 4/11/24. I think my daily 4am 5 miles crazy lady runs in the mornings has kept me toned loosing. Congrats on your weight loss!

Edited by Mspretty86

I love hearing about all the successes!