Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

bodybugg chat

yeah that's what i do every other day, like friday i took at walk outside in the freezing cold down my very steep hill and back up a few times to burn that extra 200 calories. It's just sundays are our lazy day, relaxing. Do you think it will sabotage my efforts?

Is it nice to have the wrist band digital reader or is it just fine to not get that? I noticed that it adds about $90 to the price. I would be glad to buy it if it was really worth the extra money. I see on ebay, a new one in the box with the 3-mo subscription, wristband, bodybugg, etc. is $390, which is about $100 cheaper than other sites I've seen.

What is your opinion about the wristband? Thanks!~

I opt not to get the watch because I am around a computer 9 hrs a day at work and all day at home so I can download the info at any given time of the day but if you don't have acess you may want to purchase the watch.

Oh yeah but I made sure I worked out even longer than normal , everyone was in my family room and I was locked up in my room burning the calories.

I really like the wristband for a couple of reasons. First of all, sometimes the website is down for updates or other reasons, or I can't make it to a computer. It's also convenient when traveling and I can't just upload my calories from someone else's computer. The other reason I like it is because it has encouraged me to increase my workouts because I can easily see how much I am burning WHILE i'm working out. Also I've been able to increase my calorie expenditure during a typical day because I can glance at my watch and actually visually see in numbers how taking that flight of stairs instead of the elevator increased my calories. I burn about 200-300 calories more per day when I'm wearing than when I'm not.

I don't have the wristband, but plan on getting it next time it goes on sale. It was 49.95 at one point. I'm a stay at home Mom so I haven't needed it yet, but we travel a lot and that would help when we don't have a computer with us. I wouldn't be able to log my food, but I could still get to my caorie burned goal. If you can afford it, I would get it.

What is the average # of calories everyone burns on a daily basis?

Also, has anyone seen the calories burned go down as they lose weight? I have noticed that I used to burn 13 calories per minute at some cardio and now I barely hit 10 calories per minute doing the same thing.

If I exercise I burn about 3200-3600 calories a day. On days I am sedetary I burn about 2700 - 2900 calories.

I burn about 2700-3500 a day and that with 30-45 min of cardio 6 days a week when I go to spin class I burn upto 13 cal a min. when I play the Wii I burn upto 9 cal a min

I love my Bugg... and starting Tuesday I am going to re-start logging my food so I can get the 5 pounds I've been playing with for 2 weeks OFF of me ONCE AND FOR ALL!!

Hi I have been using my bodybugg for 6 weeks now and my losses have been consistant . I find I burn the most calories at work. I have to opportunity to burn more calories by working harder. Jan 7th I start spin classes and Water arobics at the Y glad to hear thespin classes are a good calorie burner. I very rarely reach my deficit on Sunday for the same reasons church, Nap, Sunday is my day off from everything except cooking. But I work at it really hard the rest of the week. My calorie burn goal is 2530 and I usually go over that I am think i am going to raise it and challenge myself over the next few weeks. My work is doing a weight loss challenge and I have my team together and that starts on the 7th of jan so I will have motivators at work to help me get a boost into the new year and a new me. Glad you are all here for mutual support as we all need it. good luck to everyone.starting/current/goal270/246/150Banded June 21,07

I think your daily calorie burn must go down as you lose weight. Besides noticing it personally, think how much harder it gets to lose weight as you get closer to a healthy weight. It takes so much energy to work a big body than a small one. One flight of stairs used to totally wind me but now I wouldn't even notice it on my bodybugg readout. Even on programs like weight watchers, as you lose weight you have to decrease your points (calories) in order to keep losing.

The only thing I know that can combat this is increasing muscle mass. I have heard that for every pound of muscle increase, your BMR increases by about 50 calories.

That also goes to show how important it is to increase exercise to burn more calories as you get smaller. I'd miss losing 5 pounds a week doing almost nothing if I didn't have to go back to also being so fat!