Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

bodybugg chat

ok, so i would like to hear from those of you who are currently already using the bugg. The other thread is too confusing with all of the I want one posts. Which are fine, but I wanted to start a thread for those of us who have one and are using it. We can discuss how it is working for us, trade tips and secrets ect.

like: Which exercise burns the most calories for you?

I just got my bugg man I love this sthing I am doing a calorie defict of 1000-1500 to lose 2-3lbs a week so far so good I ride a exercise bike and at work stand most of the day and pace the floor. cleaning also makes a difference I normal burned about 2700 calories a day and intake 700-1000 calories a day thanks to my band ..........

I do( 2) 100 calorie pack a day one for lunch and one for evening snack . even before surger I didn't eat beakfast so I don't now so I miss a entire meal I don't know if its good or not but my Dr. said if I am not hungry don't eat

i go to sleep thinking about what i will eat for bkfast, lol! then i'm starving 2 hrs after that and so on. I eat about every 2-3 hrs. so the calories really add up.

yeserday i had 966 calories and let me tell you I was so hungry, it was torture. 1/2 cup fills me up fine, but my pouch empties very very quickly i guess. 1 hr. later, i'm so hungry i feel like i've never eaten in my life. Then i drink a ton of Water to help hold me over for another hour or two.

I've been bad about tracking my calories lately. I'll do better.

I wear the bugg every day and rare is it that I don't hit my 2700 burned daily. Typically it's over 3000. I had it set there but was stressing to much so I moved it down.

I also have it set to buzz me a few times a day to remind me to move my keester if I'm sitting too long.

I LOVEEE my BUGG!!

I burn the most calories doing step aerobics. I burn about 12 calories per minute at my peak. Also I like spinning class and if it is intense I can burn about 10-11 calories per minute. Today I did a step class and spin class back to back and burned over 1,000 calories!!

I have found though that the more I exercise the more efficient my body is becoming and I burn less calories doing the same thing. Interval training is key to keeping the calories burning for me.

i, too, love my bugg... i ran out of the house this morning and **gasp** forgot to put her on. that's the first time that's happened in ages!

i burn the most calories when i am running. my 'max burn' was just under 17 cals a minute, normal is between 15.7 & 16.5

step classes for me burn about 12-13, but i dont give it my all cause im a klutz and need to be careful.

i agree with Tulip, intervals are the best at keeping the calories burning!

ljm- I'm eating not toowell, still keeping my deficit but i go over my fat target each day and carbs. I have had candy, cranberry bread, muffins, Cookies ect. I think after this week of holiday eating i'll bust down again to my southbeach way of eating that works so well for me. that means i'll probably go over the calories alloted. My car should be fixed this wednesday I can't wait to get back to the gym! I have an elliptal at home and a ton of workout videos so I'm still working out, but i miss running!

Good to know that running burns the most for you. I just love running.

is there a day that you guys don't normally reach your deficit? Like today Sunday, we sit in church for 4 hours then come home and nap then we baked and decorated Cookies together, now we are doing a campfire outside, so I know I over ate! and hardly move an inch on sunday. Is it ok not to reach the deficit one day a week?

if I don't reach mines I force my self to walk on the treadmill or exercise bike at least 30 min to meet it and don't forget your are still burning while sleep .