Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

bodybugg chat

I just ordered my Body Bugg! After looking around on ebay and other places, I thought the deal at 24 hour fitness was pretty good. $348 for the kit that includes 3 mos. online subscription and 2 coaching sessions. Free shipping. I also ordered the wrist band because I can imagine me wanting it! I'm pumped! Can't wait to share my details!!!

One thing that is tedious to me is having to enter all the nutritional information for a food in the online 'calories consumed' section if it is a food that is not in their database. Is there a way to just input a few things, such as fat, Fiber, calories instead of all that cholesterol and stuff??

Thanks! Valerie :help:

I wish. I really don't like their food database. There are only around 30,000 foods in there. Seems like nothing I eat is in there. I use myplate or calorie king to get the nutritional info, and then build in my new food. Gets old, though.

yeah, i totally agree with the food thing too. It's not very good.

It get annoying. sometimes when i don' feel like building my own food, I just look to see how many calories was in it, (if it's that type of food to do that) and then pick any food and edit the portion size to meet thos calories. lazy way. but it works, I've only done it two or three times now. One day it said i ate 800 calories worth of tortilla chips!

i missed a coaching session! So i haven't had one yet. Are they really good, or am i not missing out on anything?

I enjoyed my coaching sessions, and learned a LOT about all the features on the website that I don't think I'd have found without my coach. I don't think it's absolutely necessary to do the coaching sessions, but I do think that it's beneficial to you so you can make the most of your bodybugg experience.

One thing that is tedious to me is having to enter all the nutritional information for a food in the online 'calories consumed' section if it is a food that is not in their database. Is there a way to just input a few things, such as fat, Fiber, calories instead of all that cholesterol and stuff??

Thanks! Valerie :help:

basically you can input as little info as you want. You don't HAVE to log anything at all - though I don't reccomend that. Lol, I haven't logged food in about 5 weeks and haven't lost a damn thing! Ha!

I agree that the calories consumed journal is annoying. I used to use fitday.com all the time but when I entered my gym's bodybugg weight loss challenge we had to log everything on the myapex website so our trainer's could monitor us. I would do the same thing though- find a similar food and just modify the portion to equal out to the same calories. I really wish they would improve that function. My other complaint now that I'm thinking about it is that with the serving sizes they don't have as many options as fitday and other sites. For example, on fit day you'd have options by size, weight, amount, etc where is on myapex its by gram or portion only. As my trainer explained it's because it's more accurate if you are weighing your foods so you know exactly how much you're eating, but weighing all the time isn't realistic and again, a lot of the foods I eat aren't even on there.

On another note, did anyone else catch the new season of Biggest Loser? Now they are sporting the bodybugg watch as well as the arm band!

On another note, did anyone else catch the new season of Biggest Loser? Now they are sporting the bodybugg watch as well as the arm band!

Yes, I noticed that last night! They were all wearing the wrist band. I carry it with me, but don't wear it on my wrist. I also read on the Apex message boards that TBL contestants work out an average of 3 hours a day. Wow, there is no way I can compete with that and that's why I don't lose 10lbs a week!

good news, after emailing back and forth a few times, my coach has decided to forgive my missed call! i'm happy. That was nice of them. So she said it takes up to two weeks to book a call. So maybe next week i'll have a session or the week after.

What features did you find out about only through the coach?

I've looked at the site a lot.

For two weeks now I've been in a deficit of at least 1000 calories and most times I'm around 1200-1500. I'm completely honest with my intake, and my scale says i've gained 5lbs now! It is that time of month, could that be the problem? do we really gain during that time?

yes!!! I am so upset at it! I was just coming on here to see if anyone else has had an issue. It keeps saying an unexpected error has occured. uggh.

We had some trouble this morning logging onto the BodyBugg site but, it seems to be running ok now. Every once in a while they do updates on it but, I've only received notice from them regarding it once.

Good morning everyone...I'm kicking back into shape with my bodybugg and watching what I'm eating today :eek: Enough with the holiday stuff and back to getting back to me. Never an easy thing taking care of yourself first but, I gotta do it :(. How is everyone doing?