Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Apology letter to my rectum

I keep wondering why I always go back to foods that my body can't have. For example corn. I swear elote (mexican) is stuck on my mind. I can't find the authentic version and my butt is paying the price. I thought corn was okay for our system. Any suggestions? Thanks

I don't have the answer -- but I'm still laughing at the title of your post !!!!!! LMAO !!!

must be an individual thing. I can eat corn with no issues.

P.S. I didn't eat it the first couple years post-op, though. Not sure what my body's reaction would have been at that stage since I never tried it until I was out a ways from surgery

Edited by catwoman7

This made me smile. As a tiny tot, when my son ate corn it appeared in his nappy the same way it went in.

I've always had this issue with corn. I expect it'll be the same post surgery. I think each of us has food that our bodies in particular don't digest well for whatever reason...

7 hours ago, Cheyanne Lee said:

I keep wondering why I always go back to foods that my body can't have. For example corn. I swear elote (mexican) is stuck on my mind. I can't find the authentic version and my butt is paying the price. I thought corn was okay for our system. Any suggestions? Thanks

it may not be just the corn (aside: i had no probs with corn when i first tried it around 3 mnths post), but all the other stuff thats on the elote?

the mayo, with its high fat content may be a culprit? or maybe the dairy in the cheese? or the butter if there was any on it.....

Your title may be laugh too. Thought you were going to talk about the awful Constipation &/or diarrhoea. LOL!

Corn is one of those foods that can be difficult to digest & therefore pass. It can cause gas & bloating too - it’s the cellulose in it. It is also high in natural sugars (especially sweet corn) so it’s often not included in some diets like Keto & in many of our plans for a while.

Yes, the mayo, cheese or even the chilli could be causing your body to go nope not for us too. Not sure how far a long you are but maybe give it a break for a while & then see how you go. If you aren’t that far out, your tummy may still be a little fussy & sensitive.

I’m just the opposite.

Before surgery corn was a big no go…after surgery in small quantities, I have no issues with it. But I am eating it with just light dressing and with Protein. I make a chicken and corn taco using lettuce leaves and light dressing. Or have it on the side with white butter.