Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

At what weight were you wearing a size ?

I have a closet FULL of clothes from 24 down to 16. I have them all catorgized towards how I remember them fitting and I can't wait to get into them again. I know everyone is different but I am having such a hard time with knowing at what weight I'll be wearing what size. I am a 26 now - 297lbs 5'10" - Did anyone keep track of what weight they were to what size they were. I didn't but do remember at 155lbs 5'10" I wore a size 8 or 10. I have no recolection of the in between. I try on the size 24's daily and they are still a no go. :rolleyes:

azallboys

tops:

30/32 - about 375ish

26/28 about 350ish

22/24 about 315ish

18/20 about 280ish

14/16 right about now, but some are too snug to be seen in public.

bottoms:

30/32 - about 360ish

26/28 about 310ish

22/24 about 280ish

18/20 about 260ish, but some are still too snug. depends on if they are stretchy or not.

jeans the 20s fit very well from the Avenue.

i am about 5'9"

Hello - I did keep track of my sizes in weight, I have it all on a spreadsheet, along with my daily weigh-in's,my measurments, etc. Can you tell I'm an accountant? LOL

Here is mine -

5'5 1/2

248 - tight 18, comfortable 20

235 - comfortable 18, tight 16

210 - comfortable 16, tight 14

195 - comfortable 14

180 - comfortable 14, very tight 12

175 - 14's too big - 12's fit just right

167 - 12's a little baggy, 10's fit, but a little snug (some are)

There you go, thats my records.

I noticed the smaller I get, every pound makes a difference, I had to lose 50 lbs in the beginning for people to notice, now everyone can tell when I lose 2 lbs, I get complements.

It seems like 5 lbs makes a big difference in my clothes now. Earlier, when I was heavier, it was 20 lbs.

Since our bodies are so different.... It's probably hard to tell. My butt is 14 inches bigger than my waist, but here is a pretty good chart of what I remember:

110 -118 - Size 4

120-128 - Size 6

129-134 - Size 8

140-155 - Size 10

160-170 - Size 12

171-185 - Size 14

186-198 - Size 16

200-228 - Size 18

230-245 - Size 20

246-265 - Size 22

266-285 - Size 24

Current - 294'ish and between a 24 and 26

And now I'm like 294 and can still wear 24 in some things, like the jeans I have on right now are 24's, but sometimes I have to get a 26.

I still have all my clothes from size 10 and I kept a few things from when I was a 6/8 that were my favorites.

I have given this a lot of thought lately. I had been very frustrated because I know the last time I weighed around 190 I could wear a 12/14 very easily, now that I am 189, my 14's are a little snug. Then I realized that the difference was I had my first baby since the last time I was at this weight. So I assume any comparison that I had before is out the window. Sorry.

Everything has shifted with age (actually for the better!)

215-225 = 1x-2x

185-175 = 16/14 pants. XL top.

160=12 pants and L/XL top (wide shoulders)

I'm 235 - 245 now, depending on the day.

Tops are between 14/16 and 18/20, have some in either size. I bought a regular misses 1x at Kohl's the other night, and a junior's 2x at Target.

Pants are 18 - 20, the occasional 22 if I'm somewhere that they run small. If I'm just going to walk in anywhere and try something on, I will grab a 20 and go up or down from there.

Pre-op I was 382 and in a 30/32, which fit most of the time, but not always.

I am 5"11"+

Just be sure to know that you will be wearing all those clothes on the way down.

Started out at 280 and a tight 18-20.

Around 190-210, I was in a 14???

Can't remember exactly,

Now at 177 pounds, I am wearing a size 11-12, depending on the cut. I am 2 pounds from goal, which is the highest weight in the normal weight range.

If I went down to 165, I'd probably wear a 9-10.

At 333lb.. I was in 25 bottoms (with stretch, so they were barely fitting and I should have worn higher if my store carried higher).. top was 26/28.

At 290lbs I went to comfortable 25 bottoms, 22/24 tops..

Somewhere in there I don't know.

At 260lb.. I wear size 19 bottoms (yeah they got funny sizes), and they're a little big on the bum.. and I wear mostly 18/20 tops but have a few 14/16 that fit.

**Edit to add, I am 6'0, and I have NO HIPS and NO BUTT. My pants have to fit around my stomach.. if they just had to fit my legs, I'd be wearing a size 10 at least.

I should probably add, I'm around 5'11 and have broad shoulders, wide hips, both of which effect my sizing.

I'm 265 lbs, 6 feet tall

I wear anywhere from a 16 16W-20Tall, depending on the cut. I usually get into a 16 or 18W, but if its just a tall size I need a 20.

Shirts I wear anywhere from an XL-XXL (normal) to 1X (womens) dress shirts 18-20 tall.

When I weighed about 190-220 I was a size 14

When I weighed about 175-190 I was a size 12

When I weighed about 165 I was a size 9/10.

I've got clothes from a size 20 to a size 12. Can't wait to get into those 12's

I loved reading this post seeing all the differences!! I am 5ft 5 started out at 359 in a 32-34 bottom and a 3x 4x top. Today i weigh 212 and fit comfy in an 18 jeans and a 20 top or an 18 top with a roll protruding LOL!

funny, I am also 5"5' but my pant sizes are at least a size or 2 bigger at your same weights. I am bottom heavy. I wore a 28 and still have a 22 jean that are too tight and I'm down to 219, it's crazy. Thanks for your chart Sunshine2 though, it's helpful!!

300 lbs -size 28/30 tops and snug 24 in jeans

now 250 - size 22/24 tops and a comfy 20 jeans.

Has anyone been to Lane Bryant? they changed their jeans! I went in to see if I fit into a 20 (found it at Walmart and I did!) and they have a weird jeans scale that they fit you for.

HATED IT. I'm a blue 3 or 4...something like that. Wonder how long that will last?