Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SoCal Kaiser Options Friends!

Hi everyone,

I'm finally doing it. I started this process back in 2017 but then hiking and backpacking changed my trajectory. Then COVID caused chaos in my life and here we are again. I'm officially starting this journey and my first official Options class is Wednesday (5/24)! I'm so excited, so anxious and so ready to get this train moving. Tired of stalking all the WLS IGs and YouTube channels. Looking for new friends in Southern CA, with KAISER who are starting or already attending their Options classes. ❤️

I also did it through Kaiser SoCal! I absolutely loved the Options classes. They were so incredibly educational & I felt fully prepared for the surgery. I adored their program

Edited by qtdoll

I am with Kaiser Socal too. my surgery is tentatively scheduled for June 19th. I have to meet the surgeon on June06. I have not reached the target weight goal he had asked me to reach. so not sure if my surgery will get postponed. fingers crossed. I loved the Options classes too. I took it last year. Good luck on your journey!.

It took me awhile to reach by weight goal to get a surgeon referral after my options classes which I finished in February but finally I have my appointment tomorrow and hoping to get a surgery date! "fingers crossed"

Good luck on your surgery date. Met my surgeon yesterday. He put me on a pre-op diet . 2 Protein Drinks and one 400-500 cal dinner and only liquids 2 days prior to surgery. June 19 surgery . I am so nervous but excited now . It’s getting real .

Just got my surgery date! July 31st, I'm so excited and nervous too. Good luck girls we got this!

How long does it take to get an appt. with surgeon after options workshops I am on my 4th workshop ?I am in the Riverside county area

Hi!

Sometime during the 10 weeks of options classes you’ll get a consultation appointment with a surgeon. I’ve heard that SoCal Kaiser is 2-3 months out with scheduling surgeries (if your surgeon doesn’t have any other requirements for you). I’ve also heard that Kaiser will give you up to one year to schedule your procedure before they’ll make you go thru the 10 weeks of Options classes again.

On 6/9/2023 at 3:31 PM, ritzcamps2 said:

Just got my surgery date! July 31st, I'm so excited and nervous too. Good luck girls we got this!

Congrats!!! Good luck! 🖤🖤

22 minutes ago, Juree9281 said:

How long does it take to get an appt. with surgeon after options workshops I am on my 4th workshop ?I am in the Riverside county area

Hi!

Sometime during the 10 weeks of options classes you’ll get a consultation appointment with a surgeon. I’ve heard that SoCal Kaiser is 2-3 months out with scheduling surgeries (if your surgeon doesn’t have any other requirements for you). I’ve also heard that Kaiser will give you up to one year to schedule your procedure before they’ll make you go thru the 10 weeks of Options classes again.

Thank you! I am hoping for an August date.

Hello :) I had surgery May 17 the best decision I have ever made, I had mine at Kaiser Cadillac

would like to meet friends to share our experiences with our journey :)