Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help, Anyone Have The Same Problem?

Anyone else waking up feeling Nauseous, drinking Water and feeling nauseous and too nauseous to even eat.
As i wake up my mouth is white and so dry it’s hard to even move them as they are stuck together with barely an saliva.
It’s also extremely hard for me to keep down any of my Vitamins as they all make me extremely nauseous.
Not to mention the Constipation.
i’ve been constipated since 15 days ago of my surgery and haven’t had a bm since. i’m not straining nor feel the need to go. I just haven’t been able to do a bm which has made my stomach pretty unhappy and feel sore.

Are you drinking your fluids? It sounds like you are severely dehydrated. It seems like you just recently had surgery and that is one of the main reasons people have to hospitalized after. Dehydration also worsens Constipation, maybe contact your team to see how they can help.

Definitely sound dehydrated! Dehydration increases nausea, which makes it even harder to get fluids in. I really had to mind over matter fluids for a while. I liked powdered Propel mixed in warm Water, or LonoLife broth in warm water. Also, Biotin mouthwash helps a bunch with dry mouth, but you need to be taking in fluids.

Constipation - a capful of Miralax daily is a gentle treatment okayed by my team, but it is osmotic (drawing water into the intestines) so you need to be taking in fluids for it to work best.

Yes this was me too, its miserable. You need to go to the emergency room or contact your team and see if you are dehydrated, if you are they will put you on a drip. There are other things that will eventually make you feel better. Biotin spray is brilliant for that awful dry mouth

You need to get some anti nausea medication, I take 2 a day, it helped a lot

You need to up your liquids everyday, even if its only a little, once you get to your quota, this helps you feel better.

The Iron in the Multivitamin may make you nauseous, I dropped it from my regime. I have never put it back into my Vitamin regime because I have never needed it to date. So if this worked for me, it is not proven, I would have tried anything, I was so miserable.

We all keep the large amount of acid our stomachs that we had before surgery, this does not help with nausea. sleep in a recliner if you have one. I didn't, so I put a large book under the top of my bed and bought a wedge pillow

Your first bowel movement is a doozy and TMI ALERT, I had to resort to rubber gloves, others have had to go to the ER and let the nurses deal with it. Once you get more liquid and food in you will manage better, plus then you will be able to get some Constipation meds. As this medication pulls Water into your bowel you can not take it yet. It would make you more dehydrated.

I hope you feel better fast

yes - sounds like you're dehydrated

re: Constipation, unfortunately, that doesn't go away for some of us. Almost eight years out, and I'm still taking a capful of Miralax every day to keep on top of it.