Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

20 hours ago, rosemaryandcedar said:

Did anyone else gain weight in the hospital? I went in 301 and when i came home i was 311. I’m back down to 305 now after 2 days but frustrated at the gain. I was on IV for low potassium so i know i had extra hydration but it was a surprise for sure.

Yes! It's pretty normal I think. When I came home 3 days ago I was 149kgs, marginally higher than my final hospital weigh in. This morning I'm 147kg, which equates to 4.4 pounds. Our body is in recovery mode. I was pumped with IV fluids too!

2 hours ago, irreverentgamer said:

Leaving for the hospital now, utterly and completely terrified.

@irreverentgamer I understand where you are....but you will be fine & do great! I was the same way...and my BP showed it😳🤕 but now I am 1 week post surgery. Praying for you & can't wait to hear about your success.

Hello everyone my surgery was May 9th everything went wonderful...thanks be to God!

I am healing nicely & have had no issues. Today is my post surgery followup with my Dr I'll keep you all posted.

How is everyone doing? Any struggles/Tips/Suggestions.

Have an Amazing day & Blessings Overflowing upon your lives.

2 hours ago, irreverentgamer said:

Leaving for the hospital now, utterly and completely terrified.

Oh sweetie, this is one of those instances where anticipation is worse than the event. Deep breaths. It's okay to feel absolutely overwhelmed. I was too. I cried with my admitting nurse, my pulse 140bpm just before surgery, BP hit 180. It's a lot. Big hugs.

Good luck to all of you today! Take it easy after surgery. Slow sips. You may not want to drink much the first 48 hours. Especially as you figure out what works best for you. My main source at the moment is broth. Frozen ice sticks and jelly too plus Protein Water. Fluid gets easier quickly for most.

You'll all be in my thoughts today!

Synlee, I pray you’re doing better today. Have you tried taking super tiny sips and just holding them in your mouth until they absorb? Just a thought.

10 minutes ago, Gabbie-1 said:

On my way to hospital and surgery

35 minutes ago, kimasinclair1 said:

May 24 for my revision from sleeve to RNY.

The 24 is my date as well. Trying to keep the anxiety down a bit. But it is exciting!!

1 hour ago, kimasinclair1 said:

The time is going soooo slow for me. I just want this done!

I hear you! I feel the same! Ready to get this going.. counting down to Wednesday