Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This band really works!!!

I went yesterday for my third fill. In 3 weeks I lost 9 pounds. :whoo:

My doctor gave me a .5 cc fill. I now have 8.1 cc in my 14 cc band and I've lost a total of 42 pounds. We think we might have found my sweet spot.

I'm not really "trying" to lose weight. Yes, I do make better choices in what I eat. I try to stay away from the sweets and junk food. I also have not started exercising.

But this weight is melting off me!! I LOVE MY BAND!!:):D:D

wow that is so great congrats to you. I hope I have that much luck when I get the lapband.

love and light

That is AWESOME Debbie - I had my second fill yesterday and I now have 5 cc's in my band. This second fill has really made a difference. I finally felt restriction. I could barely eat all of my Breakfast this morning.

Great job on the weight loss - I always enjoy reading your posts!!

Robin

Debbie - Ive got a question for you.

You said that you lost 9 pounds in 3 weeks which is fantastic and your doctor gave you a fill anyway. How would you describe your level of of restriction BEFORE this fill today? I am trying to figure out if I am close to restriction as I am on my second fill and it feels different than my first but not by much.

Also, were you worried about getting 'overfilled' ? Thanks for your advice

Debbie - Ive got a question for you.

You said that you lost 9 pounds in 3 weeks which is fantastic and your doctor gave you a fill anyway. How would you describe your level of of restriction BEFORE this fill today? I am trying to figure out if I am close to restriction as I am on my second fill and it feels different than my first but not by much.

Also, were you worried about getting 'overfilled' ? Thanks for your advice

I was definitely more restricted than I was after my first fill. I was able to eat anything I wanted. When I got my second fill, I was able to eat, but in much smaller amounts. I would get stuck if I didn't chew good enough.

I did notice that as time went by, I was able to eat more, and I was getting hungry more often. I had a pig out day (not intentional) on Sunday (2 days before fill). I had 3 raviolis, 2 meatballs, 1 sausage, salad, chunks of provologne cheese and ice cream. I didn't get stuck, I felt no pain, and I quite honestly feel I could have fit more in there. My doc said that can happen sometimes, and she asked me how I felt the next day. I hardly ate the next day, feeling major restriction all day long.

I wasn't worried about getting overfilled, I actually like the feeling of good restriction. I feel it keeps me in line. I know I'm not going to starve to death, and as long as I can get food and liquids down, I'm ok with the super tight feeling.

Now, when I went I only got a .5 cc fill. I really don't feel all that different. Sure, I'm still not eating as much, but I do get hungry and look for something small. Last night 3 teaspoons of cottage cheese filled me to capacity.

I really am beginning to think that I'm at my sweet spot, which is a very nice feeling.

boy you ladies are such inspirations. i have had two fill and have absoulty no restrictions. i can eat anything. i have gained three pounds since my last fill two weeks ago. i go for my next fill in three weeks. i would have gained more if i didnot go to the gym. has this happened to anybody else? some advice. i have the new ap band. i now have 6cc in.

hi Laphappy40,

I am in the exact same boat as you are. I had NO restriction with my first fill and I had my second fill last week and really NO restriction yet either. I am ok with it at this point because I didn't want to be too restricted and be sick from Christmas, which I wasn't in the least, But Now, I want really loose this weight!!! My nurses, just keep saying to be patient and do all the right things and that it will happen, I keep going to the support groups at my hospital where I had my operation done and there athers who are having success, so I guess I just need to hang in there.

Janet