Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When I do my exercising every day, I feel so much better. I can actually feel the difference when I walk, stand up, bend over, sleep, go shopping, ride my motorcycle, and so many more things. I make better choices when I eat, I am happier, and healthier.

SO........Why is it so hard for me to get myself to start each day? I can think of a thousand excuses not to exercise. It just doens't make sense to me when it makes me feel so good!

Ah, the perennial question. And there doesn't seem to be an answer. It's true, exercise improves every single thing in my life, so why is it still so hard to make it happen???

Actually, it is a lot easier than it used to be. So there is that. And on occasion it might even be said to be fun. But I'm still waiting for that change to occur that I've heard so much about, that exercise will become as necessary to me as breathing.

Nope, not yet. ;)

Me too Betty!

And its funny that you mentioned it this morning... I was just thinking that TODAY was the day that I was going to start walking/exercise... SOMETHING!

You are right, the benefits far out weigh the excuses.

(sigh) If I could just D O I T!!!!!

Sometimes I wish someone (including myself) would come up with a new "word" that had to do with moving around vigerously & sometimes youd sweat. You would meet new friends & it would be like a party that happened a couple times a week. NOW that would be something I might get my "mind" to tryout. But this word "exercise" holds so many definitions & expectations that I sometimes get overwhelmed thinking about it. I guess it all comes down to baby -steps & at least doing (1) thing this week. I have got to be able to do (1) thing. Right?? I hate the fact that fast groceiry shopping & the dog park & House cleaning & up & down the stairs in the house & work, simply do not count. If they did I wouldn't be who I am. Hopefully we can each have ourselves a couple of these fun/sweat/ party /move around "thingies" this week. I think I'll call mine FUTUREWARD for now. Good luck all

I hate the fact that fast groceiry shopping & the dog park & House cleaning & up & down the stairs in the house & work, simply do not count. If they did I wouldn't be who I am. Hopefully we can each have ourselves a couple of these fun/sweat/ party /move around "thingies" this week.

Ah, but who says they don't count? The same people and mechanisms that say we dont' count? I say they do! I say that anything that gets us up and grooving, up off the sofa or our chair counts! Every single one of those activities burns calories, does it not? Then by golly, it does count.

And the simple fact is the more we do those types of things, the more we can do other types of "move around 'thingies'"

Unless you are in a power chair when you go grorcery shopping, (or are lucky enough to get cart rides) you are walking. Walking, walking, walking.

I say they count, and I say we count!

I wish I even could excersie, I barley can walk up and down the stairs to get into my own Apt. I dont leave my Apt. much... The pain get to be so bad. Cleaning, Laundry.... yeah I do those, it takes me ALL day I have to take brakes, my back pain is so bad that when i do finally sit out a rush of pain goes to my head, I wait then its better. I have very small bone structure and at 330lbs Im breaking. And only if I can excersie I would do it everyday... So to you out there that CAN excersie.. GET OUT!!!!! DO IT!!!! COME ON!!!! Think about someone like me who cant and wants to.

I'llSucceed, I loved your post! For me, the word excercise has so many negative feelings associated to it. No wonder I don't wanna do it! I need to think up a lovely name for it, too. Oh, or maybe sexercise because exercise will give me a sexy bod, LOL!!!

Has anybody tried the ablounger? Hunk o junk or worth it?

Why is it so hard for me to get myself to start each day?
It's a simple matter of physics. A body at rest tends to stay at rest. That's the good old Law of Inertia -- never mind the physics class, it's no news to those of us with recliners in front of the TV. When we exercise, we are taking on the natural law of the universe!

I can't tell you how many times I've asked myself the same darned question! I think I will question my sanity if a day arrives that I say... "I can't wait to exercise!" Besides... if we loved it maybe we wouldn't be all that proud of ourselves when we did it??? If I had y'all here with me... I'd love hitting the streets for a walk... but until then... I'll settle for a good butt kicking to get me in gear. ;)

Becky - Boy, does that sound like heaven out by the ocean! I don't even want to know how warm it is either! ;)

I wrote that at 7:30 or so, I use to exercise every morning at 4:30, but not anymore. It takes me longer to get my body working now! :)

Blossom- Thanks for the compliment- I think between your sexercize & my futureward we both might end up with a sexy reward! LOL - Either or we'll be better for it. I am starting come Heck or high Water tomorrow! A min of 20 mins on the treadmill- No excuses. Lets all promise for a min of 15 to 20 mins or more tomorrow. the day after "FAT TUESDAY" quite appropriate don't ya think ;0)

Betty, it's always the same. Getting geared up is the hard part. Once you're five minutes into the exercise, it's so easy.

With me, I hate getting dressed so many times every day. It's so boring. First dress to exercise, then shower and dress for work. After work come play clothes, then later jammies. I've even worn exercise clothes to bed thinking rolling out will work, but ya still gotta bend over to put on tennis shoes. It's just hard getting going.

Trish, have your tried Water aerobics? My husband was in the pool until he hit about 500 pounds (going the wrong way), but he had to stop going because he developed an sore on his calf that just would not heal. ANYWAY he felt much better being in the water than on dry land. You might find the water is a good place for you too.