Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need Help, inquire within

Hi guys, as a couple of you saw I am starting a website that compiles a ton of info about this whole process but its far from complete. I really need help with it so someone suggested I reach out to you guys and here I am!

I think my first post was lost in confusion so now that I have the design done I am really in need of some help.

The website is www.banded.info be warned its still in the works but I think if people see what I'm doing I may get more help hehe.

The message board links that is on the site will all link to this website once its done, for now I've thrown up a developer board so its easier to communicate the stuff I'm lacking. but feel free to post on here also since I check these boards all day long!

I think the goal for this site is explained like this.....

A website that provides information to those researching the lap-band and recovering from having it. It will bring information from those who have had the surgery to the finger tips of even those less computer inclined and will be kept up to date (links etc).

There will be an online survey that will show the answers in graphs and charts. questions that relate to before and after surgery and changes that happened. <good or="" bad=""> ... sorta like a study.

heres a basic overview:

I've researched WLS for 2 years now and I have finally decided to do a lap-band and will be scheduling for surgery as soon as my paperwork is done (its ALMOST done!) I've done so much research and like many others I have found so many different conflicting stories about the lap band.

I find there is four different types of websites for WLS.

1. Surgeons/Doctors- Well sure they have good info.. but well they are trying to sell you the product so you may not find what you need too.

2. Message Boards- Lapbandtalk.com and the yahoo bandster group are great examples.. I LOVE these sites and there is tons of info.. but you have to have lots of time to find what your looking for.

3. Non-Profits who like to sell you a lot of garbage. I've found SO many WLS websites that sure theres info on there but you have to get through all the ads and crap to find it.

4. Bucket-o-bits. There are So many sites out there.. and well to be frank they are either all about gastric bypass or they have only little tiny mentions about lap-band.

well.. these sites dont work for me. I want to know EVERYTHING there is to know and I would assume anyone else in my shoes would also. So.. where is the best place to get answers? Well.. of course those who have had the surgery!

This is a huge project.. my biggest to date with all the sites I've ever done in the past. But one thing will get me through it.. and thats support!

Right now were in the process of creating the "team". Once the site is finished its all about getting the word out.. then we can work on search engines and getting to the top.

I've set up a phase list to help stay on task

Phase #1- Getting the team

Phase #2- Deciding what to include, and what not to include

Phase #3- Gathering the Information

Phase #4- Checking Everything

Phase #5- Checking Everything AGAIN

Phase #6- Getting the word out and announcing the release of banded.info __________________________________________________________

Heres a link (click here) to the boards and what I need as far as teamsters goes hehe

The design is going good and pretty much done. now i need info im trying my hardest to gather it on my own but its very difficult to do this whole thing by myself.

If you think I missed something or have any ideas or comments please let me know. you can email me at katie@griffonco.com or you can post it.

I also need before & after pictures etc.

at this point I really just need feedback and anyone whos willing to help out.

thanks for reading my long post!</good>

Wow, what a task you have set for yourself!!! I applaud you for your effort! I will be checking out your site and giving it some thought and if I can think of anything that may help I'll let you know.

katerzz, I noticed your site does not address the subject of fills. I think you should put as much info as possible about fills since it is such an important part of the journey. There is a lot of information on the LBT Fills section. Just a suggestion...

under life after surgery there is a section for adjustments and fills ;)

thanks for everyones awesome support!