Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Waiting for Approval

I just checked my health insurance profile on-line and I was approved today for the surgery! I can't believe it....it's 2 weeks today that I had my appointment. They have me listed for 2/25, but I have a call into my Dr. office to see what I need to do. That means that, it it's in February I'll have to move to the February '08 group also. I'm so excited that I'm shaking inside! No more tubby me! God, this means so much it's unbelieveable.

Glad I never threw away those thin clothes after all! :whoo:

I just checked my health insurance profile on-line and I was approved today for the surgery! I can't believe it....it's 2 weeks today that I had my appointment. They have me listed for 2/25, but I have a call into my Dr. office to see what I need to do. That means that, it it's in February I'll have to move to the February '08 group also. I'm so excited that I'm shaking inside! No more tubby me! God, this means so much it's unbelieveable.

Glad I never threw away those thin clothes after all! :whoo:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am still waiting for approval but can just the same feel the happiness and relief you must feel with that approval!!!!:clap2:

I cant believe I am this close...I AM GOING TO BE THIN SOON!

I am looking forward to this BIG time. I have not told my family because I would love to surprise them when they see me!

I know what you mean about not telling the family. I mentioned it to my sister & got a lot of negative feedback. My family is not at all supportive of anything that I do, but my kids & husband are. However, I have an ally in my cousin. She's going to get it done also, after hearing me talk about it. She has to wait 6 months though due to insurance restrictions.

Meanwhile...the rest of us...wait...patiently looking at the clock and the calendar moving...

Hang in there 4jin. It will come soon. I am still waiting for the official letter so that I can make my appointment. (Acording to the insurance company I was approved on Dec. 21. The first available is Jan 30 and I can't even make it until I have a letter in hand. And it didn't come yet today. I am so frustrated. When that class fills up then next one won't be until mid February and Mar 1 is when my work kicks into high gear for three months. :faint:

Apparently not,:) I asked for one over a week ago and it hasn't come yet. I have a feeling it is because they approved it for 2008 and they won't send it until after Jan 1. Maybe it will come tomorrow.

StLouisGal,

I was thinking that was the same reason why mine has been pending...probably for their budget purposes....

Can't help it...called again...only because on 12/28/07 the manager told me to call back on 1/2/08...I even waited...I called today 1/3/08...was told still pending to be reviewed...it has been partially reviewed but not all of it...what the crap?!

"we apologize for the delay"..based on holidays...and employees taking time off....blah..blah..blah...bite me!

Now call back next Monday...

back to kneeling and praying...it is!!!

I guess we have to keep hanging in. I am going home at lunch to check the mailbox again and then call them this afternoon. This is getting quite old.

Hang in there 4jin. I am right there with you, still waiting.

I am starting to freak myself out again.:cry One minute I think... I did everything they require, there shouldn't be any problems with getting approval. Then the next minute I start thinking, but what if I didn't do everything EXACTLY right... or what if they say this.... what if they say that... I am not having much luck distracting myself from these thoughts today.... I will be calling insurance again tomorrow. Hopefully then there will be good news. ~Amy

Hang in there 4jin. I am right there with you, still waiting.

I am starting to freak myself out again.:cry One minute I think... I did everything they require, there shouldn't be any problems with getting approval. Then the next minute I start thinking, but what if I didn't do everything EXACTLY right... or what if they say this.... what if they say that... I am not having much luck distracting myself from these thoughts today.... I will be calling insurance again tomorrow. Hopefully then there will be good news. ~Amy

Hang in there Amy, :hug: I am sure you did everything they required. It is very nerve wracking to wait. I am on hold:phone: with my insurance company as I am typing this.:typing: I am not sure why I keep calling them because I get a different answer from them every time I call. I can't for the life of me figure out how it takes 12 days to generate and mail a letter. :ohwell:

:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce: Keep thinking the good thoughts.

Thanks for the :hug: StLouisGal. I hope you get your letter very soon!! ~Amy

Thanks, You won't believe this :faint:My insurance company changed names on Jan 1. They lost my paperwork in the switch. :o:mad::) There is no record that I was approved and we have to start over at square one. She said she did make it "high priority" this time. :speechles I just want to cry but I can't because I am at work. :cry

Oh, that just SUCKS!! :hug: I will keep good thoughts that they get through this process super quickly.

~Amy

I'm so sorry to hear about your insurance company. That's a bunch of bull, if you ask me. Do you have any type of on-line system that you can check the status of your approvals? I'll keep checking this forum for your updates. I feel like everyone on here is a family now!!!