Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Unique Gifts for Christmas

smatyas

I am curious if any of you went outside of the norm during this holiday season and got someone something unique.

For Christmas this year I purchased my wife a 1 square foot parcel of land in Ireland. (she is really into everything Ireland)

What a great gift!!! Sounds like an interesting thing to do! I'm giving my mother an antique suitcase that a friend of mine painted a snow-man on the side of... with a snowman inside made out of an antique chenille quilt. Now, I just have to figure what the blooming hell to get my hubby and sis in law and bro in law...! I'm slightly behind these days!!!!

I am curious if any of you went outside of the norm during this holiday season and got someone something unique.

For Christmas this year I purchased my wife a 1 square foot parcel of land in Ireland. (she is really into everything Ireland)

That is the coolest gift I've ever heard of!

My original gifts this year were from Kiva.org. You pay kiva, which loans people money in developing countries to create small businesses and get out of poverty. Then when they're up and running they can either pay you back or you can keep lending the money to other people in need. It's pretty cool and made me and everyone I gave it to feel pretty good.

Nice! I purchased the plot o land at www.buyireland.com It was a cool $49.99. They send you all the legal documents with pictures etc. One of these days I will "take her to our property in Ireland" for vacation!

I did extra research last night and found you can purchase property on the moon, mars and 1 square inch of property in all 50 states.

I bought my husband a star for his birthday about 5 years ago.

I have seen the own a piece of mars, etc. too...they're cute gifts.

I named the star Sahara (hotel we met at in Vegas). And I got it in the Leo constellation since that is his birth sign thing.

One year I bought my father (very proud of his alumni status) a brick in his school's new construction wing. I have bought my husband a star. Ridiculous idea, but he's an astronomy/psychics/general science nerd and he loved the idea.

This year we are funding a trip for us and both sets of parents for a week including villa, meals, entertainment, etc. We told everyone early on that would be their anniversay/xmas for the year.

I also got my mother a 5-yr subscription to her two favorite magazines, and dad got a year's worth of golf cart rentals. That's not so outside the box, but it beats a tie or sweater.

Wheet- hah your husband sounds like mine, and great minds think alike. My DH had just started college to study astrophysics the year I bought him the star.

That is a very cool gift and very unique. I don't think I got anything very unique, although I am giving my 20-year-old brother tickets to the opera. I think it's kind of unusual for a guy his age to be into opera at all, but he's pretty unusual in general.

Seems like the star idea is popular. My DH and I have been together since I was 14 years old. On one of our first dates, we laid on my trampoline, and just looked at the stars for hours. We both enjoy astronomy.

Does anyone remember that movie, "A Walk to Remember"? We watched that movie together and both thought it was cool that he gave her a star.

On our anniversary that year, we both gave each other a star. We just laughed and said, "great minds think alike".

Seems like the star idea is popular. My DH and I have been together since I was 14 years old. On one of our first dates, we laid on my trampoline, and just looked at the stars for hours. We both enjoy astronomy.

Does anyone remember that movie, "A Walk to Remember"? We watched that movie together and both thought it was cool that he gave her a star.

On our anniversary that year, we both gave each other a star. We just laughed and said, "great minds think alike".

What a sweet story! Obviously you're meant to be together. My DH and I have been together since we were teenagers also (married for 12 and a half years now). Isn't it grand to have found your soulmate at such a young age? :)

Unrelated, I'm a "Georgia girl" too, born and raised here. I live in west Georgia now, where are you if you don't mind sharing?

My mom got us something a little different. She got everyone in our family a 113decibal alarm clock, with a disc that goes under the mattress and makes you feel like you're in an earth quake. This should be..interesting.

I got both my kids stars a few years back. My sons is named ABGB, that is short for his baby knickname, Angle Baby Gooshie Butt. My daughters is Boo Bug, again baby knickname.

My husband got me 1 sq foot in WY, complete with hunting rights, one year. I thought that was cool until I heard about Ireland. Now I want some land in Ireland.

My mom got us something a little different. She got everyone in our family a 113decibal alarm clock, with a disc that goes under the mattress and makes you feel like you're in an earth quake. This should be..interesting.

I think I would love one of those. It would be interesting see how we sleep in a waterbed. LOL.